Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

~NSV~ Ran a 5K this morning - for the first time in 6 years - super slow - but I made it! Now, to do some speed work and shave off some minutes before the race in July!laugh.gif

~NSV~ Ran a 5K this morning - for the first time in 6 years - super slow - but I made it! Now, to do some speed work and shave off some minutes before the race in July!laugh.gif

WOW! What an amazing accomplishment! I can't even run for 60 seconds on the treadmill. Great job!!

A couple of things for me... Several patients (I only see them for maybe and hour or so and then they go home ) have said to me "WoW! You look nothing like your badge picture! When was that taken? You must have lost weight!" It can't be a fluke because it seems to be happening alot- could be the anesthesia talking LOL. I also went to try on clothes again at Old Navy and I went right for the xxl shirts and sun dresses which hung on me. I then tried the XLs and the dress I really wanted was still way to big! I bought an L, which was snug when I bought it but now fits. Same thing with the shirts. My B/B ratio has changed. Belly is now smaller (before it seemed to be about even with) than my boobs and I will probably be down to a d cup in a month because the girls are shrinking as well

One of the biggest accomplishments is that I have lost all my cravings for ice cream and sweets. I am almost afraid to try them for fear I will fall off the wagon again, but I am just shocked, because sweets have always been my "go to" food..

These are great NSVs.

Mine are two seperate ones within the last month, but hey, I'll take 'em! A few weeks ago, I sat in my car to drive to work and noticed a funny feelilng around the sides of my thighs. When I looked down, I realized that 1) I could see the sides of my seat on both sides as I sat and 2) those edges were molding to my thighs and hips.

The second one happened last night. I took my DH out to eat for his B-Day. When it came to dessert time, I had a scoop of sorbet...then they brought a chocolate cake....(my down fall is chocolate)...It has been 9 months since I had a bite of chocolate....I took a bite and thought I had died and gone to heaven! However, when I opened my eyes, there was my DH with this wild panic look in his eyes...He thought that I was going to dive back into the cake and was trying to think of how he could get the cake off of the table without me diving in after it...I put my fork down and thanked him for the taste....started laughing and told him that I would not be needing anymore. He then proceeded to tell me how proud he was that I could control myself around chocolate. Nice to be able to laugh through the course rather than fight inner cravings.

These are great NSVs.

Mine are two seperate ones within the last month, but hey, I'll take 'em! A few weeks ago, I sat in my car to drive to work and noticed a funny feelilng around the sides of my thighs. When I looked down, I realized that 1) I could see the sides of my seat on both sides as I sat and 2) those edges were molding to my thighs and hips.

The second one happened last night. I took my DH out to eat for his B-Day. When it came to dessert time, I had a scoop of sorbet...then they brought a chocolate cake....(my down fall is chocolate)...It has been 9 months since I had a bite of chocolate....I took a bite and thought I had died and gone to heaven! However, when I opened my eyes, there was my DH with this wild panic look in his eyes...He thought that I was going to dive back into the cake and was trying to think of how he could get the cake off of the table without me diving in after it...I put my fork down and thanked him for the taste....started laughing and told him that I would not be needing anymore. He then proceeded to tell me how proud he was that I could control myself around chocolate. Nice to be able to laugh through the course rather than fight inner cravings.

Wow! Now That is a NSV! I too have gone cold turkey on chocolate Desserts and anything sugary. I do not crave it anymore. I know that day will come when I will have a bite..thanks for the inspiration - it doesn't have to be the whole cake to enjoy!

I bought myself my first REAL bike (read: cost more than $125 and isn't a pile of shhhhh...) a couple days ago and am going to ride it to my PO Box every mail day. Well, today was the first day. I almost made the "it's too hot" excuse, but I sucked it up and did it anyway. I figure if 80 is too hot for me, here in the Midwest, I'll never get out and bike. Plus, I could always go in the morning when it's not so hot. Anyhow, it's 2.3 miles away from home (so 4.6 miles total) and I'm thinking that I need to at least DOUBLE that length somehow next time. It was so fun that I think I might go back out and ride after typing this. Yes, in the "too hot" weather, lol.

I bought myself my first REAL bike (read: cost more than $125 and isn't a pile of shhhhh...) a couple days ago and am going to ride it to my PO Box every mail day. Well, today was the first day. I almost made the "it's too hot" excuse, but I sucked it up and did it anyway. I figure if 80 is too hot for me, here in the Midwest, I'll never get out and bike. Plus, I could always go in the morning when it's not so hot. Anyhow, it's 2.3 miles away from home (so 4.6 miles total) and I'm thinking that I need to at least DOUBLE that length somehow next time. It was so fun that I think I might go back out and ride after typing this. Yes, in the "too hot" weather, lol.

YAY SPOT!! That rocks!!! I'm just heading out for a mountain bike ride with the girls! Once you get started biking its hard not to get hooked!

Have fun!

Love the bike idea - good for you!!

I bought on a couple of weeks ago and have been riding it to and from curves. The only problem I have is it is mostly up hill on the way back, but it does give me a work out. We need to get a bike carrier for the suv so we can go ride the bike loop( 7 miles) without as many hills! I ride at 6 am and am home by 730am so I can miss the heat here. Good for you and enjoy

p.s. I bought the big butt seat for mine and had my husband change it out for me. so much better!

My husband bought me a old fashioned schwinn in pink and white with that great seat and I love it, he has one to and it's so fun.

I had to edit this to say his bike isn't pink and white. lol

Oh yeah, I definitely have the "big butt" seat on my bike, lol.

My NSV today was a 8 mile bike ride with my older two boys. I had only been doing 4 miles previous to today.

Another thing. We were at an amusement park today and the little kid "drop" ride my youngest and I were going to go on had one adult seat that was taken already, but the lady was too big to fit into it and had to make the walk of shame out of the ride. I saw this, thought twice about attempting it myself, but decided to go ahead and give it a try. My walk of shame would have at least made her feel better that she wasn't the only one who couldn't fit. Well, I got up there, stuck my ass in the hole without problem and the bar went down with ease.

My NSV today was a 8 mile bike ride with my older two boys. I had only been doing 4 miles previous to today.

Another thing. We were at an amusement park today and the little kid "drop" ride my youngest and I were going to go on had one adult seat that was taken already, but the lady was too big to fit into it and had to make the walk of shame out of the ride. I saw this, thought twice about attempting it myself, but decided to go ahead and give it a try. My walk of shame would have at least made her feel better that she wasn't the only one who couldn't fit. Well, I got up there, stuck my ass in the hole without problem and the bar went down with ease.

yeah spot! I feel the same about fitting in a booth when we eat out! I know even have extra room

LOL! That's so awesome :) No NSV's for me this week. However, my company has a fancy suite at Coors Field, home of the Rockies, and on Thursday I was the winner of 2 tickets plus the free parking pass. My husband and I arrive in the suite (which is right behind home base) and there's a TON of food - hotdogs, brats, all the fixings, chips, nachos, fajita bar, beer, you name it. popcorn, peanuts and crackerjack are in bowls all over the place.

I was really proud of myself - I ate a brat and a hotdog, no bun, just a little mustard. I put some of the chicken fajita meat on my plate, put lettuce and cheese on it, and ate that, then snacked on roasted peanuts while drinking nothing but Water.

I did have a cookie though - they brought them fresh-baked around the 6th inning and I could not overcome the smell of oatmeal raisin! But otherwise I didn't go crazy and gobble :) Even when the icecream bars were passed around in a basket on the 8th inning, I held my ground and said NO.

Wow! My husband and I have been talking about getting bikes and a rack too! After reading these posts, I think we are going to have to get them sooner than later! We have some excellent places to ride here. The gym is little over a half mile away, and walking home after working out in this weather is not fun so I have been driving. Oh that would be fun to bike!