Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here it is! The April 2011 NSV! A place to brag on yourself and share achievements that have nothing to do with the scale.

Anything from ~ "I just walked a mile without sucking wind" to "I climbed Mt. Everest with 1 arm tied behind my back" or even "I no longer have to take medicine for diabetes" So Go on and share your victories!

I love this thread; I'm glad you started it. These are just as important as any other victory that can come out of this process.

My NSV: I know that I'm an emotional eater. I know that I'll need long-term counselling to work my way through it. Yesterday, I had a bit of a meltdown. Just a small one, but my go-to solution would have been to eat until the bad feeling would have been replaced by a full feeling, to be replaced later on by a bad feeling again (for the emotional upheaval AND for having overeaten). So I was feeling anxioud about a bunch of things, and feeling blue too - the weather outside was dismal, and it was just one of those days. And I felt lost because I couldn't turn to food.

My husband and I sat together, and I talked it out. For a while I actually grieved that food wouldn't be my best friend anymore. And then my wonderful husband helped me make some intelligent food choices (I ate some cut fruit) and I felt just fine after.

So I guess that at the end, this WILL affect the scale in a positive way, but at the time, the victoria was all about my head and my support system.

Hello everyone, I had my first victory today and it's only been three weeks post surgery. It's a small one but it's my first. I wore a shirt for work today which used to be tight and I would only wear with a jacket, now it looks nice and fits properly!

It's the smallest thing but hopefully the beginning of lots of little achievements.

I weighed 340 lb before surgery so have a long way to go but the journey seems to have started.

Hello everyone, I had my first victory today and it's only been three weeks post surgery. It's a small one but it's my first. I wore a shirt for work today which used to be tight and I would only wear with a jacket, now it looks nice and fits properly!

It's the smallest thing but hopefully the beginning of lots of little achievements.

I weighed 340 lb before surgery so have a long way to go but the journey seems to have started.

Woo Hoo!!!!!

nsv today, my blood pressure meds have been cut in half! will be off them in a month!

nsv today, my blood pressure meds have been cut in half! will be off them in a month!

Now that's a true NSV! Congratulations :)

Now that's a true NSV! Congratulations :)

I am so happy lapband is starting to work for you know woodslass. I was worried about you in the begining. Keep up the great work!

Whoops, I didn't realize we already had a thread like this going. Let me put my victory here then! I can cross me legs again!

Today has been a GREAT day! Total NSV day :)

I had my 2nd fill today, and got yelled at by Dr. K a little bit because I didn't come in when I knew I had lost restriction. So now I'm going every two weeks until we are sure I'm at restriction, which I thought was awesome.

But here's the NSV...

I've been going back to my bad habits and last night talked to Hubby about it. Basically I think because I've wanted to make sure that my surgery didn't impact him, I've still been making dinner and then eating with him, in front of the TV (very bad for me) and after 7pm, sometimes as late as 9pm, which we all know is a no no. So I really haven't been losing much weight.

So I told him last night this is it, you have to fend for yourself, I need to get back on track and right now it's all about me, sorry ;) He's fine with it and told me that since I was stopping by the mall to pick up my glasses today after my doctor's appointment, I should go into Lane Bryant and get a new outfit to Celebrate the fact that I've lost 28 lbs.

I wasn't going to do it, because even though my clothes are loose right now it didn't feel like I went down a size. But anyway, I went and got my glasses and thought what the heck. Went into Lane Bryant, which I have not been able to buy clothes from for over 10 years because they only go up to 28 and I've been a 30/32 for a long time.

They had just opened, and two of the salesgirls said hi, so I told them I'd had surgery and how I hadn't been able to shop there in lots of years. So they get excited too, and help me choose a pair of black dress pants and a pretty blue blouse. The pants were a 28 and the blouse was a 26/28.

I went into the dressing room, pulled on the pants, and literally shrieked. I could not believe it....they were TOO BIG!

I pull on the top....TOO BIG.

I run out of the dressing room and the two girls are jumping up and down with me, and I had the biggest grin on my face...I look in the mirror and I'm just floored. The waist of the pants is not even touching me and the hips are too big. The blouse is falling off my shoulder. So the girls each go get a smaller size of each one - 26 pants and a 22/24 shirt.

I change...and they fit.

I can't even tell you how big of a deal this is for me. It was pure motivation, total justification for my surgery, real proof that I can do this :)

<happy sigh>

Today has been a GREAT day! Total NSV day :)

I had my 2nd fill today, and got yelled at by Dr. K a little bit because I didn't come in when I knew I had lost restriction. So now I'm going every two weeks until we are sure I'm at restriction, which I thought was awesome.

But here's the NSV...

I've been going back to my bad habits and last night talked to Hubby about it. Basically I think because I've wanted to make sure that my surgery didn't impact him, I've still been making dinner and then eating with him, in front of the TV (very bad for me) and after 7pm, sometimes as late as 9pm, which we all know is a no no. So I really haven't been losing much weight.

So I told him last night this is it, you have to fend for yourself, I need to get back on track and right now it's all about me, sorry ;) He's fine with it and told me that since I was stopping by the mall to pick up my glasses today after my doctor's appointment, I should go into Lane Bryant and get a new outfit to Celebrate the fact that I've lost 28 lbs.

I wasn't going to do it, because even though my clothes are loose right now it didn't feel like I went down a size. But anyway, I went and got my glasses and thought what the heck. Went into Lane Bryant, which I have not been able to buy clothes from for over 10 years because they only go up to 28 and I've been a 30/32 for a long time.

They had just opened, and two of the salesgirls said hi, so I told them I'd had surgery and how I hadn't been able to shop there in lots of years. So they get excited too, and help me choose a pair of black dress pants and a pretty blue blouse. The pants were a 28 and the blouse was a 26/28.

I went into the dressing room, pulled on the pants, and literally shrieked. I could not believe it....they were TOO BIG!

I pull on the top....TOO BIG.

I run out of the dressing room and the two girls are jumping up and down with me, and I had the biggest grin on my face...I look in the mirror and I'm just floored. The waist of the pants is not even touching me and the hips are too big. The blouse is falling off my shoulder. So the girls each go get a smaller size of each one - 26 pants and a 22/24 shirt.

I change...and they fit.

I can't even tell you how big of a deal this is for me. It was pure motivation, total justification for my surgery, real proof that I can do this :)

<happy sigh>

Yay!!! That ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You must feel awesome!

One of my students said to me today, wow you've lost alot of weight haven't you? "I said to her well thanks you are the first to notice." She grinned at me and said "You look good" That really made my day as I haven't told any of the students at work.

I totally relate to the clothes NSV but the biggie for me has been able to get through a rock and roll dance class with my husband and not moan about how much my knees hurt. Soon I'll be able to keep up with him al night long at dances.

I totally relate to the clothes NSV but the biggie for me has been able to get through a rock and roll dance class with my husband and not moan about how much my knees hurt. Soon I'll be able to keep up with him al night long at dances.

That's a big NSV ;) I still have knees and feet that hurt. It will be a great day when I can run around Sam's Club and haul everything home without wanting to lay down and die!