Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help me pick a goal weight please???

My cousin is built exactly the way you are. Beautiful Amazon woman! 5'10" with a large build, and she has to order her shoes from Frederick's of Hollywood because they are the only ones who carry a size 12 in women's.

Anyway, she has been struggling with her weight, and she says her ideal weight would be around 180-190.

I'm all alone in my office laughing my ass off over, "Because we are built really weird, being circus folk and all, we have different molecular structures."

Okay, I have a goal! I want to weigh 229. I haven't weighed in the 220s in 220 years. That's only 10 pounds away. I'll make a new goal from there. But I like the 175 suggestion. Damn, my husband WOULD have to tie me down! He's already implanted DeLarla with a homing device.

Thanks everyone. I know we shouldn't care what the scale says, but how am I gonna catch a star if I can't see one?

my goal is 199.9999 once i hit that i will have an ultimate goal of 190. at 190 i would like to get PS hopefully putting me in the 180's

i am 5'-9" size 10 shoe!

Lisa-Love

I looked pretty hot the last time I hit 200 - and I am only 5'5" with a small or medium bone structure.

At 5'10" - I am thinking 190 would make you look like a supermodel.

I am with Vines - think clothing size - not weight. Size 12 would be nice...

:]

Depends. I'm 5ft 10 as well and my wrists are thick, I always measure as a "large frame". I dont have huge hands or feet though. Yet, I have photos of me at about 70kg (154lb) and honestly, I could have done with losing another five or six. I think to be pretty lean and not have rolls or bulges anywhere I need to weigh right down at the bottom of the healthy weight range somewhere around 64kg - about 140lb. I've never weighed that as an adult so I'm not even shooting for it at the moment, 75kg is my first goal, somewhere round 160-170lb.

I think however that I'm not really a large frame. If you do have big hands and big feet and are really a large frame, I think I'd aim for somewhere around the 180lb mark at first and then take it from there.

Wow, there's lots of us tall gals here aren't there! I'm only 5'9" and unfortunately a small frame (stupid little size 6 1/2 shoe). I'm shooting for 190 to begin with & maybe ultimately 160-170? So I agree try for 200!! You're already great!

I also can guage by my sister - who is the same height as me and looks perfect at 65kg - she's an Australian size 12 (us 10) - tall and slender but still curvy, not overly skinny at all. It's great having a look-alike motivator.

I guess you have to choose a ballpark figure and then adjust according to your body type when you get there.

I have the size for you!!!! ( what are you most COMFORTABLE at? )and what do you want to stay at or see your self at that is the true answer! don't worry about vanity or what other people think,

In my own mind my weight loss has to come from me as I'have to chose to eat and what to eat and then to Exercise, if I don't want to ballon up again. You have come a long way great stride's and your post are funny! take care JOHNQ

Okay, so I thought we just shared our twisted sense of humor, but it looks like I might actually be your clone (or you might be mine, depending on who's older!!!)

I have an 8 1/2" inch wrist, wear a size 11 ring (which was purchased at 150 lbs.), a size 11 shoes, but you are somewhat taller than me. I have my goal set at 150, although I know I will probably never reach it - and if I do, I will most likely join the Lindsay Lohan-Nicole Ritchie-Olsen Twins Bags OF Bones Club!!!!

I am thinking 175 is a great number to work toward, but I agree with the person who posted that you look HOT now!~! Hey, why don't you make your goal 230? That way someone else might actually have a chance of winning your challenge!?!?!?!

~cheri

i agree that weight is not always a good a good measure of health or body structure (although i agree it is good to have a goal..something to work towards). i am 5 feet 5 inches, wear a size 10 shoe....and have small but very chubby fingers (i call them my snausages). at 200 lbs i am a size 14/16 and feel pretty darn good. my ideal weight would be 160...where i would probably be a size 8 or 10...but i do not feel the need to be THAT small (since i would only be able to eat a meal weekly to stay that size it just dosn't make sense to go there : ).

i agee with jqpublic that it all depends on where you feel comfortable!!! good luck lisa!!!!

As Archie said, holding his beloved Edith in his arms, "Edith, when I'm this close to youse, I can't see anything but your beeeutiful face." So exercise those face muscles...:rofl:

DeLarla - I did a search on calculators for ideal weight based on body frame. Here are your results with a large frame - I saw some that were more complex, but for a basic 5'10" large bone structure, here's what I found.... Now, I of course think I would be dead sexy at 175 and I'm only 5'2". I would say whatever makes you feel good - you know when you're able to wear the clothes you want and you can excercise like a normal person and not be winded out.... I vote for the 175 for you and think you would look absolutley thin! My mom is 5'7 and when she got down to 175 she looked wonderful! I understand the man hands thing - Mine are WAY bigger than my husband's! What I'm doing with a 5'2 body and size 9 shoes and man hands, I don't know! Good genes I guess :-).

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/ideal_body_weight.htm

<table align="center" bgcolor="#fffff1" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr><td colspan="2" class="small" align="center" bgcolor="#dedede"> IDEAL BODY WEIGHT CALCULATOR</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="small" align="right" width="33">Gender: </td> <td class="small" align="left" width="199"> <label> <input name="sex" value="M" checked="checked" type="radio"> Male</label>

<label> <input name="sex" value="F" type="radio"> Female</label>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="small" align="right">Frame: </td> <td class="small"><select name="frame" size="1" class="small" id="frame"><option value="S">Small</option><option value="M" selected="selected">Medium</option><option value="L">Large</option></select></td> </tr> <tr> <td class="small" align="right">Height: </td> <td class="small"><input name="feet" class="small" id="feet" size="3" maxlength="1"> Feet <input name="inches" class="small" id="inches" size="3" maxlength="2"> Inches</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="center"><input value="Calculate" onclick="calcIt()" id="Button1" name="Button1" type="button"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="center">Ideal Weight Range

161 - 165 pounds

73 - 75 kilograms

</td></tr></tbody> </table>