Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks ago I went in to the PS office to have Lipo on my right side (at the end of the TT incision) due to dog ear. I went in today for my follow up and there's still some swelling and the dog ear is smaller but still there. Well the current game plan is to wait another 2 weeks allowing additional swelling to go down. If the area isn't as smooth and pretty as the left side, the PS will remove the skin in his office using a local - the area is approximately 2 1/2- 3" long. Note: it's barely visible but I'm striving for perfection - at least as far as the TT is concerned.

With all this said, has anyone else had revisions made due to dog ear(s)?

Yes, I'm still VERY happy with my TT and the results

3 weeks ago I went in to the PS office to have Lipo on my right side (at the end of the TT incision) due to dog ear. I went in today for my follow up and there's still some swelling and the dog ear is smaller but still there. Well the current game plan is to wait another 2 weeks allowing additional swelling to go down. If the area isn't as smooth and pretty as the left side, the PS will remove the skin in his office using a local - the area is approximately 2 1/2- 3" long. Note: it's barely visible but I'm striving for perfection - at least as far as the TT is concerned.

Yes, I had a revision because of dogear on one side and she also did a small tightening right in the middle. It was don in her office with my wife present. It was done with local. I was very please. It was easy and went back to work the next day.

Yes, I had a revision because of dogear on one side and she also did a small tightening right in the middle. It was don in her office with my wife present. It was done with local. I was very please. It was easy and went back to work the next day.

Thanks for letting me know. I was hoping that it would be a breeze, after the TT anything would be a breeze by comparison.

i am a nurse, and i have seen pretty bad dog ears on patients that don't have Lipo done during TT. i also have seen the upper abdomen get big while the lower stays flat, b/c no lipo was done. i just found out my HMO covers what ever my surgeon says I need. I had LB done 2 years ago (I paid $25.00) and work out 6 day a week, run 20-30 miles a week and am a size 8, but I cannot lose the abd flesh. I want to get the TT, but I am afraid of 1. Scarring 2. people think I am vain and crazy to have a TT 3. losing time at work taking care of my kids 4. not being able to work out. I guess Im just scared. does anyone have any suggestions about what I should do?? thanks much :)

3 weeks ago I went in to the PS office to have lipo on my right side (at the end of the TT incision) due to dog ear. I went in today for my follow up and there's still some swelling and the dog ear is smaller but still there. Well the current game plan is to wait another 2 weeks allowing additional swelling to go down. If the area isn't as smooth and pretty as the left side, the PS will remove the skin in his office using a local - the area is approximately 2 1/2- 3" long. Note: it's barely visible but I'm striving for perfection - at least as far as the TT is concerned.

i am a nurse, and i have seen pretty bad dog ears on patients that don't have Lipo done during TT. i also have seen the upper abdomen get big while the lower stays flat, b/c no lipo was done. i just found out my HMO covers what ever my surgeon says I need. I had LB done 2 years ago (I paid $25.00) and work out 6 day a week, run 20-30 miles a week and am a size 8, but I cannot lose the abd flesh. I want to get the TT, but I am afraid of 1. Scarring 2. people think I am vain and crazy to have a TT 3. losing time at work taking care of my kids 4. not being able to work out. I guess Im just scared. does anyone have any suggestions about what I should do?? thanks much :)

The Tummy Tuck was definitely the icing on the cake. I didn't feel anywhere like an average-sized person until after my tummy tuck. You're very fortunate that insurance will cover it. Recovery isn't a piece of cake, but so worth it. Best wishes to you.

Sue

What's a dog ear? I had a mini Tummy Tuck done in November and there's a fold of skin at the end of my incision. Is that what you are referring to? If it is then can I have the name of your doc?

hey mimi, did you have a basic panniculectomy or did you have a full TT?? just wondering cause I think your surgeon should fix that for you. take care

Yes, Mimi - your surgeon should repair them for you w/o it costing you any additional fees. I had mine repaired Monday (4/25) in the PS office under a local. Everything went smoothly and it appears that the right side now looks like the left - no more dog ear. I'll know for sure in a few days once the swelling goes down.

Give the office a call and let them know.