Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So yesterday was a real bad food day for me. I am a total sneak eater. The day started off right. I had Greek Yogurt for Breakfast and a protien bar for a mid AM snack. Then came the chips. :unsure: They were left overs from a work meeting and somehow they ended up in my office. The left over chips (only about a 1/4 of the bag) became my lunch...and I am not even a salt craver...chips aren't my thing but there they were so I ate them. Then no afternoon snack. So then I had to go to CVS for my meds and somehow I walked out with a box of peeps and two Reeses eggs. The eggs didn't even make it home. I ate them on my walk home and felt totally ashamed since I don't really like to eat in public since I feel like a fat person eating candy and people are watching me..even though I know that's not true its the tape that plays in my head. :huh: So for dinner I made chix w/stir fried veggies and ramen noodles...I would have been sort of ok but I ate too much...and naturally I ate all the peeps before my hubby came home. I have a total marshmellow problem and that totally hit the spot for my sweet craving...uuuggghhh! At least after that all was good and today I am totally on track again.:rolleyes:

My other issue is that I am having a hard time pooping so I have been taking laxatives to empty my tummy. I had a lax problem many years ago and all those good feelings are coming back. I'm a bit nervous about that starting up again. I hope to stop the lax by increasing Fiber and using mirilax and drinking more Water but in the meantime I'm crampy and gassy...oy...not fun while I'm at work.

Anyway, I just needed to share and get that off my chest...which has gone down a full cup size btw...:angry:

Thanks for listening!

Peace and best wishes to all!

Ally

Hello I just wanted to know , what is the best food that you can eat for the fiber? I have the same issue with the poop :blink:

So yesterday was a real bad food day for me. I am a total sneak eater. The day started off right. I had Greek Yogurt for breakfast and a protien bar for a mid AM snack. Then came the chips. :unsure: They were left overs from a work meeting and somehow they ended up in my office. The left over chips (only about a 1/4 of the bag) became my lunch...and I am not even a salt craver...chips aren't my thing but there they were so I ate them. Then no afternoon snack. So then I had to go to CVS for my meds and somehow I walked out with a box of peeps and two Reeses eggs. The eggs didn't even make it home. I ate them on my walk home and felt totally ashamed since I don't really like to eat in public since I feel like a fat person eating candy and people are watching me..even though I know that's not true its the tape that plays in my head. :huh: So for dinner I made chix w/stir fried veggies and ramen noodles...I would have been sort of ok but I ate too much...and naturally I ate all the peeps before my hubby came home. I have a total marshmellow problem and that totally hit the spot for my sweet craving...uuuggghhh! At least after that all was good and today I am totally on track again.:rolleyes:

My other issue is that I am having a hard time pooping so I have been taking laxatives to empty my tummy. I had a lax problem many years ago and all those good feelings are coming back. I'm a bit nervous about that starting up again. I hope to stop the lax by increasing fiber and using mirilax and drinking more Water but in the meantime I'm crampy and gassy...oy...not fun while I'm at work.

Anyway, I just needed to share and get that off my chest...which has gone down a full cup size btw...:angry:

Thanks for listening!

Peace and best wishes to all!

Ally

Two days ago while I was alone in bed, and depressed because I was alone in bed :unsure: I ate the rest of the half of gallon of ice cream in the freezer. Mind you, it was about half way full. Boy, did it feel good :rolleyes: until I woke up the next morning anyway. The guilt kicked in, I did an extra 30 minutes of exercise, and I have moved on. Today is another day, and another chance to get it right. By the way, I had my surgery in January of 2010, and have lost 70 pounds. I tell you this to say that we will make mistakes, have slip ups, but the success is getting up and moving on.

I started taking "gummy fiber" They are like dots... 2 a day. Can't tell you how much it has helped me. I poop everyday now and it was more like every 4 or 5 and that was hard. I also try to eat more fiber in vegitables or have a fiber One Bar as a snack. Good Luck

And one day I ate an entire box of girls scout Cookies.

I started taking "gummy fiber" They are like dots... 2 a day. Can't tell you how much it has helped me. I poop everyday now and it was more like every 4 or 5 and that was hard. I also try to eat more fiber in vegitables or have a fiber One Bar as a snack. Good Luck

And one day I ate an entire box of girls scout Cookies.

Girl scout Cookies are the devil..... i ate my share of them too.....

That's great you've gotten back on track! Everyday is an opportunity to make healthy choices. Don't dwell on the past, it's done and over with. Best wishes!

It doesnt matter, if you just get back on track, everyone has days like this! Put it behind you and look ahead.

I had a day like this yesterday, I've been so good, I've not gained an ounce since being unfilled five months ago. Anyway, yesterday was chemo day, and chemo makes me feel sick, but like pregnancy, it also makes me crave weird or specific things at various times. Anyway, I've not even thought about Mcdonalds in five months, but yesterday i wanted it. I had a small Big Mac meal and I really really really enjoyed it. No problem, I"m not overweight, I'm living my long term life now and it didnt bother me. But three hours later, I wanted the licorice allsorts on top of the fridge. Then I wanted a few shortbreads with my coffee, then I wanted chicken schnitzel and chips for dinner! The whole day just spiralled downhill! I have an ileostomy at the moment, so everything I eat exits my digestive system only half way through the journey and that combined with chemo also makes my tummy very sensitive and easily upset. I didnt sleep last night, lol, the activity in my abdomen even kept DH awake and I was up every hour emptying my bag out.

This coming from a successful bandster who would say she has changed her eating habits for life. I still say that, even after a day like yesterday because this morning, I am back on track. No Oh, I've blown it, I'll start a diet on Monday crap, today is a new day and yesterday is history.

Been there, done that ... HATED IT! Seems like only yesterday .... why yes, it WAS yesterday. :lol:

It happens to the BEST of us ... and I mean that! We are the BEST. Why? Because we get back on track and move forward. YAY Bandsters!

Here's to a better food day tomorrow.

~Fran

We sure do. I had a really trying day at work yesterday, and was being really good all day. But when I got home I kept replaying the day in my head and lost it. As soon as my husband walked out the door to walk the dog, I snuck into his stash, stole a bag of M&Ms, then went into the bathroom, locked the door, and guzzled them down before he came back from the walk. Then the guilt hit me, and today I've been mad at myself - not for giving in to temptation, but for letting people at work get me so upset that I'd hurt myself (which is basically what I did) over stupid work crap. Then after work today, I stopped off at my mom's, and she went on and on about how my shirt was way too big and I need to get smaller clothes and I look so much healthier and all I could think about was sneaking those damned M&Ms last night.

Oh, I'm with you today!

Protein bar for Breakfast. Small piece of pizza and a side salad for lunch. And then I came home, and in the process of making food for some guests we had over, just picked and picked until now I am stuffed and feeling gross. It was mostly healthy stuff I picked at-- homemade fruit salad and Pasta salad (though I try to low carb so both of those are a bit of aproblem). But there were 3 or 4 kettle chips that made it in my craw and one small but delicious chocolate chip cookie.

I feel gross. But I tell you what-- I'm not feeling guilty. It actually makes me feel pretty accomplished since this is the first time I've grazed to the point of ick since surgery. I count that as a victory-- and tomorrow is a new day.

Ahh I had one of these last Sunday; popcorn, a few chips, and a dark chocolate PB egg. I did feel guilty however; still working on that.

I had one of those days yesterday. I was so hungry when I got out of the gym that I gorged on lunch. I had no room calories left for supper but I ate anyways. Then I snacked. I really need to take a healthy snack with me to the gym so I don't do that again. And as for fiber, I like to eat baked Beans. It has Protein and fiber.

I had a binge/gorge day yesterday!! I needed to read the above posts today. I ate anything with sugar I could get my hands on!! Brownies, choc Easter eggs, ice cream bars,etc. But I agree with the philosophy that long term success hinges on how we recover/react to the not so good eating days, not that we give in to our desires to eat the junk food in the first place.

I had a binge/gorge day yesterday!! I needed to read the above posts today. I ate anything with sugar I could get my hands on!! Brownies, choc Easter eggs, ice cream bars,etc. But I agree with the philosophy that long term success hinges on how we recover/react to the not so good eating days, not that we give in to our desires to eat the junk food in the first place.

I feel so much better after reading these posts. I was beginning to think that I was totally crazy and there was no hope for me mentally. I too, have those awful days were I eat nuts till I drop from being stuffed or chips until I can't eat another one before exploding. I was banded 12/20/08 and down and maintaining 90 pds but still have those days. I felt so guilty this weekend after eating a whole can of nuts and sesame sticks that I worked in the yard for over 5 hours trying to balance out the calories put in my mouth. But like you all said, tomorrow is another day and I am good with moving on, but thinking that I was the only one that could not control my thoughts on eating all the bad food I have been so good keeping away from, has totally baffled me. I thought I had this under control but I guess we will always have this fight on our hands. Thank you all so much for letting me know that we all fall off the wagon and we can continue this journey forever by just being supportive of everybody else. It is true, letting this out makes you feel so much better than holding it in and making it fester in your mind to make yourself a failure. We are not failures and I believe we deserve the best of what life has to offer. This makes my day and I want to continue to thank each and everyone of you for sharing and not making me feel all alone.