Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May 2011 Banders?

Tomorrow is my Band Day! I'm super excited but very very nervous as well.

What a long journey we go through to get to this point. I go the day after you!

Good luck to you! I'll be interested in reading your day to day entries to see what I have to look forward to each day!

Me too Peter!!! I will be glad when it's over ;)

How did it go? I just got home. Things went well for me,although i'm in a fair amount of discomfort.

Keeping my fingers crossed for banding on Thursday! Have a little tickle in my throat and a tiny runny nose from allergies....hope that doesn't cause a problem. Would be very disapointed to get canceled, since I was canceled on the 12th for complications from my hyperthyroid.

Plus, I have been on pre op liquid diet since May 2nd....not sure how much longer I have the will power to go.

Keeping my fingers crossed for banding on Thursday! Have a little tickle in my throat and a tiny runny nose from allergies....hope that doesn't cause a problem. Would be very disapointed to get canceled, since I was canceled on the 12th for complications from my hyperthyroid.

Plus, I have been on pre op liquid diet since May 2nd....not sure how much longer I have the will power to go.

Sending positive thoughts your way for Thursday! You and I are going to be banded on the same day! I am very impressed that you have been on the liquid diet since May 2nd! You have a strict doctor! Super good luck to you that you can finally get banded on Thursday. Looking forward to your subsequent posts.

I think my best week one advice is to find a good heating pad (for the pain from the gas they inflate you with). Everything else you are in control of.

Hi All, I'm going to be a 'May-bander' also. My surgery is scheduled for this coming Saturday - May 21st.

Re-scheduled to May 28th. T-minus 5 days and counting.

I think my best week one advice is to find a good heating pad (for the pain from the gas they inflate you with). Everything else you are in control of.

Haven't heard that before. Thanks!

I was banded yesterday. Today Im in lots of pain where my port is mostly. Hurts to move or twist. My doc told my husband that today would be the worst day of it all.. He was right. I'm hoping tomorrow is better. So far I've been able to handle Jello, pudding, broth and Atkins shakes. I've had ice over the most painful parts of my belly, but going to try a heating pad next.. Gas/shoulder pain is minimal if at all.

Good luck to those being banded after me!!!! Let the losing begin!

I was just banded on May 20, 2011. Week one of liquids done! Although I experimented a little (with foods). Looking forward to week two since I work at Whole Foods Market and the smoothies are nutritious and yummy! Thanks to two weeks of Atkins pre-op I dropped 20 pounds already. I'm looking forward to a bright healthy future and eventually (not before a year of lap band has gone by) to become pregnant!! Here's hoping!

U used Atkins shakes? I find I'm struggling through the liquid diet. Was banded on the 23. What worked for u?

I was banded on the 24th also, and I have to say was in a fair amount of discomfort until today....Today it eased alot It is much better and I am hoping tomorrow will be even better. It is definately a sacrifice that we are all making to go through this to get us where we untimately need to be. So far, I am drinking as much G2 as I can, about 32 oz. a day so far, and chicken broth twice a day, runny greek yogurt, sugar free Jello, and sugar free pops, havent introduced the Protein Shakes yet, that is next!! Im going to need them, the Protein will definately help with the extra energy im sure. Ive lost 4 lbs. in the past three days so the liquid diet seems to melt it off of you...so we shall see what is like when I get to mushies. Hope everyone is doing fine!!!!

U used Atkins shakes? I find I'm struggling through the liquid diet. Was banded on the 23. What worked for u?

Well I drink Water constantly, of course, but when I get the grumble in my tummy, I had Atkins shakes (could only drink half at a time). My FAVE thing was Amy & Brian's All Natural unsweetened coconut juice. Those have been amazing and the really hydrate you. I get those from Whole Foods Market. When I was getting desperate for something sweet I had Fla-vor-ice Light frozen popsicles. One time my hubby and I were on a date and we went to a restaurant called Golden Wok I had a cup of Egg Drop Soup that was really satisfying. I only had half, so there was enough for the next day. I'm being really mindful of eating slowly over 20-30 minutes and consuming not more than 6 oz. I'm getting real full like that. I did cheat and have tiny bites of "real" food but I chewed it to a pulp!! I had beef broth too, but got tired of it. I used Pacific Natural Foods beef broth. You'll really want to avoid Swanson broths because they have MSG. And don't forget the FDA has allowed "natural flavoring" as an ingredient which is actually MSG. Check your labels. It sounds fanatic maybe but it's true.

Today was my first day back to work from being off a week and having surgery last Friday. I had from the Jamba Juice bar a fabulous smoothie that filled me right up! It had chocolate soy milk, bananas, almond butter, spinach (I SWEAR you cannot taste the stuff and its so dang good for you) and whey Protein. I was really very good. I talked them into selling me a 12 oz. cup, the kid size) so I had it for lunch and supper.

Hope this helps!

Hi - I was banded on May 24th - exactly 1 week ago today. Doing really well, have started yogurts and puddings because I was so hungry. Haven't done much exercise yet - waiting to get back more energy.

Hey Maybandsters-

I was banded tthis morning at 9:30, so far so good. Just have to wait for the swallow test in the morning and then I can go home! :) Congrats to everyone who was banded this month!

It seems like you are doing well to be online so soon after surgery. Have a smooth and speedy recovery so we can get on with this. I had surgery one week ago tomorrow and today I have very little pain.

Hey Maybandsters-

I was banded tthis morning at 9:30, so far so good. Just have to wait for the swallow test in the morning and then I can go home! :) Congrats to everyone who was banded this month!