Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd fill-will it get looser or do I need an unfill? Please help!

Hi all,

I went in for my second fill yesterday. My first one was fine, I didnt feel that much restriction at all. This one, I feel so much restriction. While I was in the office, he had me drink Water after the fill and it went down fine. Well, yesterday I could barely even get water down. By the end of the day I was able to get a tiny bit of Soup down and some water. Even when I am drinking something, it tries to come back up and there is a little bit of slime with the soup. I also feel incredibly full after a few bites of soup. We are now on day #3 after the fill and it hasnt gotten much better. I can get a little more water down without it coming back up. Im supposed to start mushies today but there is no way I will even try because even with water, I get a little reflux and feel so full. Is this normal due to swelling? What is everyones experience with their fills? does the band loosen a bit from the swelling a bit after the fill? Should I call my dr to get it unfilled a little more or should I wait it out. Im not in extreme pain right now, its just I feel a little weak from no food and not a lot of water. Oh, also once I take a few sips of soup I get so full to the point that I start to hiccup. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I am kind of feeling the same. I just got a fill for the first time in over a year. I literally just got it about 2 hours ago. But Water isn't going down well and I almost feel like I have heartburn. I know it is really soon after my fill, but it is a really uncomfortable feeling for drinking just a little bit of liquid. And I NEVER get heartburn. I also keep burping a little and the Water comes like halfway up but goes back down. HELP!

Hi all,

I went in for my second fill yesterday. My first one was fine, I didnt feel that much restriction at all. This one, I feel so much restriction. While I was in the office, he had me drink water after the fill and it went down fine. Well, yesterday I could barely even get water down. By the end of the day I was able to get a tiny bit of Soup down and some water. Even when I am drinking something, it tries to come back up and there is a little bit of slime with the soup. I also feel incredibly full after a few bites of soup. We are now on day #3 after the fill and it hasnt gotten much better. I can get a little more water down without it coming back up. Im supposed to start mushies today but there is no way I will even try because even with water, I get a little reflux and feel so full. Is this normal due to swelling? What is everyones experience with their fills? does the band loosen a bit from the swelling a bit after the fill? Should I call my dr to get it unfilled a little more or should I wait it out. Im not in extreme pain right now, its just I feel a little weak from no food and not a lot of water. Oh, also once I take a few sips of soup I get so full to the point that I start to hiccup. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

please don't wait it out! call your doctor and go in for a slight unfill. you should have NO problems drinking liquids after a fill.

even a slight unfill of .25cc could make all the difference!

Yeah call your dr and get a slight unfill.. I 'm kind of in the same boat as you and I have had an unfill on Feb 7th. I'm able to drink liquids and shakes but I'm not doing to well with solid foods.. It's a very uncomfortable feeling going down, a little pain. I might have to go back myself. But since you can't keep anything down, you need to go so you want get dehyrdated.. Good Luck!!

Believe it or not... After my second fill I had to go back and have a little taken out!! After the 3rd day post-fill I could barely swallow Water, Its was terrible! They said when your tight like that it can actually get tighter if your wait, and that it was not unusual, but after taking just .3cc out I was great. Just reached that "sweet spot" easier than most. I had great restriction after that for 3 months, and lost great! My doc actually told me that after losing alot of weight you need a slight adjustment to maintain the restriction! So here I am, with a little too much restriction from my last little fill... its not an exCt science and you have to just be patient and keep in close contact with your Doctor!!

Good Luck!! Re-post and let us know how your doing!

I go in for my 2nd fill in a few weeks - good information to have!

Actually, it is loosening a bit but Im still having a hard time with anything that is not liquid. Again, its only been 3 days so my question is -is this normal due to swelling? How long should I wait?

Spoke to my Dr and he wants me to drink hot Water for a few hours. I have had a band for 3 years, and I dont think that even if swelling lessens, that I will be able to eat the minimum amount of food.< /p>

If you cannot swallow Water, or liquids without throwing up you need to see your Dr! This happend to me so I know what it feels like to be too full with saline. But, I had to go in twice to have some taken out each time and now I am much better! It is good to wait a few days if you can because your stomach is irritated after fills BUT if you cannot swallow liquids and are not getting any nutrition, you need to go see your Dr!

technically, even after a fill you should be able to eat solid food but you shouldn't because of the swelling.

the swelling isn't major like it was after surgery so if you can't eat solid foods by 3 days after a fill, you are too tight!

surviving on liquids because your band is too tight it NOT the way to lose weight... i know because i lived that way for 3 months!

I'm in same boat as you but this will my 4th fill. I am soooo tight happened to me with my last fill too. For me it was just the swelling and 4 days later I was fine.

Great info. I have my fourth fill scheduled next month, but I am feeling restriction now, but it wanes as the day goes on. In the morning, I can only do liquids, but as the day passes, regular food is okay.

Good luck everyone!

Hi all,

I went in for my second fill yesterday. My first one was fine, I didnt feel that much restriction at all. This one, I feel so much restriction. While I was in the office, he had me drink Water after the fill and it went down fine. Well, yesterday I could barely even get Water down. By the end of the day I was able to get a tiny bit of Soup down and some water. Even when I am drinking something, it tries to come back up and there is a little bit of slime with the Soup. I also feel incredibly full after a few bites of soup. We are now on day #3 after the fill and it hasnt gotten much better. I can get a little more water down without it coming back up. Im supposed to start mushies today but there is no way I will even try because even with water, I get a little reflux and feel so full. Is this normal due to swelling? What is everyones experience with their fills? does the band loosen a bit from the swelling a bit after the fill? Should I call my dr to get it unfilled a little more or should I wait it out. Im not in extreme pain right now, its just I feel a little weak from no food and not a lot of water. Oh, also once I take a few sips of soup I get so full to the point that I start to hiccup. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I am in the same boat. I had my second fill this past Wednesday and today is Saturday and I should be able to eat soft/solids.It hurts when I drink Muscle Milk. I been having Soup but all I eat is like 3 teaspoons and I'm so full that I feel it coming back up. Today I had one chicken nugget and I had so much pain I couldn't eat anymore or drink till an hour later. I'm not sure if this is normal? Any advice??

Hi all,

I went in for my second fill yesterday. My first one was fine, I didnt feel that much restriction at all. This one, I feel so much restriction. While I was in the office, he had me drink Water after the fill and it went down fine. Well, yesterday I could barely even get Water down. By the end of the day I was able to get a tiny bit of soup down and some water. Even when I am drinking something, it tries to come back up and there is a little bit of slime with the soup. I also feel incredibly full after a few bites of soup. We are now on day #3 after the fill and it hasnt gotten much better. I can get a little more water down without it coming back up. Im supposed to start mushies today but there is no way I will even try because even with water, I get a little reflux and feel so full. Is this normal due to swelling? What is everyones experience with their fills? does the band loosen a bit from the swelling a bit after the fill? Should I call my dr to get it unfilled a little more or should I wait it out. Im not in extreme pain right now, its just I feel a little weak from no food and not a lot of water. Oh, also once I take a few sips of soup I get so full to the point that I start to hiccup. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I am in the same boat. I had my second fill this past Wednesday and today is Saturday and I should be able to eat soft/solids.It hurts when I drink Muscle Milk. I been having Soup but all I eat is like 3 teaspoons and I'm so full that I feel it coming back up. Today I had one chicken nugget and I had so much pain I couldn't eat anymore or drink till an hour later. I'm not sure if this is normal? Any advice??

Hi all,

I went in for my second fill yesterday. My first one was fine, I didnt feel that much restriction at all. This one, I feel so much restriction. While I was in the office, he had me drink Water after the fill and it went down fine. Well, yesterday I could barely even get Water down. By the end of the day I was able to get a tiny bit of soup down and some water. Even when I am drinking something, it tries to come back up and there is a little bit of slime with the soup. I also feel incredibly full after a few bites of soup. We are now on day #3 after the fill and it hasnt gotten much better. I can get a little more water down without it coming back up. Im supposed to start mushies today but there is no way I will even try because even with water, I get a little reflux and feel so full. Is this normal due to swelling? What is everyones experience with their fills? does the band loosen a bit from the swelling a bit after the fill? Should I call my dr to get it unfilled a little more or should I wait it out. Im not in extreme pain right now, its just I feel a little weak from no food and not a lot of water. Oh, also once I take a few sips of soup I get so full to the point that I start to hiccup. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!