Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Feiz the disappearing surgeon!

:(

So I had my surgery this past Tuesday 2/8/11 and that was the first time I met my surgeon Dr. Feiz and that was for all of 3 minutes. Since I woke up in recovery, I haven't seen or heard from him. No check up to tell me how I did, see how I'm doing, nada. I've called, emailed, left messages and still nothing. I feel so alone and lacking that much needed support. Ir was nothing like the experience others have claimed to have had with him. I am more than disappointed and frustrated and desperately wishing I had gone another route. I called his personal cell and one of the office assistant's answered! WTF. I don't know what else to do at this point :(

What did the office assistant say? Someone in office should be able to provide you support. Is your surgeon perhaps out of town? I am really surprised you did not meet him prior to surgery. I hope you find the suuport you need from the office soon. Meanwhile, you have the board to ask for help and support from.

Best wishes!

What did the office assistant say? Someone in office should be able to provide you support. Is your surgeon perhaps out of town? I am really surprised you did not meet him prior to surgery. I hope you find the suuport you need from the office soon. Meanwhile, you have the board to ask for help and support from.

Best wishes!

She answered a couple of questions, but it's nothing like talking to the person who cut you open and put a foreign object in you versus the person that answers his calls. I should have pushed for meeting him before surgery too, instead of while Im laying on the gurney minutes before surgery. He isn't out of town, just 'busy'. I am so happy to have found this site, but I need my doc's support! This sucks.

You must demand an appointment, usually the first one is about 4 weeks after surgery to check you and give you your first fill. I agree you should of met him before surgery you should of pushed for this! Don't despair....he can't just ignore your pleas for support you are entitled to it, as you will need on-going appointments for the fills.

Good Luck

You must demand an appointment, usually the first one is about 4 weeks after surgery to check you and give you your first fill. I agree you should of met him before surgery you should of pushed for this! Don't despair....he can't just ignore your pleas for support you are entitled to it, as you will need on-going appointments for the fills.

Good Luck

He has finally called and informed me that my messages never reached him. We made an appt to meet on Monday and I hope that all will be corrected and I can move forward on this journey and actually be happy. Is that asking too much? I hope not. Thank you all for your amazing support. I would be lost without it.:rolleyes:

Hopefully happy, don't despair! When you meet with him ask him what the usual routine is and how often will you be seeing him as opposed to his office staff. It is not unusual to not see your surgeon after surgery, however usually you will have an appointment with him/her within 7 days. Take care.

my surgeon is one of the most respected surgeons in Ohio. he's the reason i chose to drive 4 hours to his office and hosptial for my surgery. i met him during my initial consultation and liked him on the spot.

i saw him for a few minutes before my surgery and then never saw him again. i thought for SURE he'd check up on me in the hospital but he didn't. i thought for sure i'd see him for my first post-op appointment but i didn't. i admit, i was a little pissed off. after all the money i spent, i expected to see my surgeon.

then i thought about it. his job is to perform the surgery to the best of his ability... not necessarily post-op care unless there are complications. i wanted HIM to perform my surgery... and he does a lot of surgeries a week... he just doesn't have time to do the follow-up care.

but, he does answer all his emails himself and they're usually answered within 24 hours. i've had some scary episodes that i needed his advice on and he WAS there when i needed him. he surrounds himself with the best office staff too.

so, i was upset in the beginning about not seeing him post-op but now i understand that he needs to continue to do what he does best... surgery!

my surgeon is one of the most respected surgeons in Ohio. he's the reason i chose to drive 4 hours to his office and hosptial for my surgery. i met him during my initial consultation and liked him on the spot.

i saw him for a few minutes before my surgery and then never saw him again. i thought for SURE he'd check up on me in the hospital but he didn't. i thought for sure i'd see him for my first post-op appointment but i didn't. i admit, i was a little pissed off. after all the money i spent, i expected to see my surgeon.

then i thought about it. his job is to perform the surgery to the best of his ability... not necessarily post-op care unless there are complications. i wanted HIM to perform my surgery... and he does a lot of surgeries a week... he just doesn't have time to do the follow-up care.

but, he does answer all his emails himself and they're usually answered within 24 hours. i've had some scary episodes that i needed his advice on and he WAS there when i needed him. he surrounds himself with the best office staff too.

so, i was upset in the beginning about not seeing him post-op but now i understand that he needs to continue to do what he does best... surgery!

I completely disagree. Although his title and primary job is to perform the surgery, the majority of the surgery and it's success depends on the follow up. Not with the receptionists, but with the surgeon him/herself. Surely my insurance didn't pay 10s of thousands of dollars to speak to the women that take his meesages and have no legal standing to provide medical advice other than what is provided by the SURGEON. It all goes back to him. I barely even recognize him. I could just kick myself for not meeting him beforehand and not doing more extensive research, however, that doesn't excuse the fact that I chose him and there are certain things I expect from my surgeon pertaining to this procedure.

Thats it? A sad face? What happened? How did he/she just disappear? I would be livid! What do you do now? Where do you live? When were you banded? So many questions. LOL, you were a little,,ummmmmm, short on your info.

The computer is a wonderful tool, just like your band, jump on it and see what you can find as far as other surgeons or fill centers to help you along. Maybe someone on here is close to you and could give oyu some suggestions. Give us some more info on your situation lets see if we can help.

It really sux that you can find your surgeon.

Thats it? A sad face? What happened? How did he/she just disappear? I would be livid! What do you do now? Where do you live? When were you banded? So many questions. LOL, you were a little,,ummmmmm, short on your info.

The computer is a wonderful tool, just like your band, jump on it and see what you can find as far as other surgeons or fill centers to help you along. Maybe someone on here is close to you and could give oyu some suggestions. Give us some more info on your situation lets see if we can help.

It really sux that you can find your surgeon.

LOL. It was a repost. I posted the whole story in the Introductions forums. I was actually trying to delete this one because I didnt want to have double posts. LOL

Dr. Feiz is also my doctor, and I've had a different experience with him. I met him in June 2010 at his informational meeting. I loved everything he had to say and loved his straight forward approach. I just had my surgery on 2/4/11 at Cedars Sinai Medical center, he and Dr. Misrah did my surgery and both of them came to my bedside before I had the surgery and talked with me for about 10 minutes. They both were so supportive. I had my pre-op appointment last Friday (2/11/11) and I did not see him, I saw another Dr. in the office. I saw him as I was leaving, he asked me how I was doing and talked with me and my husband for awhile because I was having shoulder pain and I have been drinking too fast. I like him, and I think that he may not have been getting any of your messages.

I think that the surgeons job is that...surgery...my surgeon is super busy she not only does bariatrics, but she does other surgeries as well. Its like a car salesman, they may get you the best deal, be super nice, set you up real good, but they really don't know about car maintence. That's where your mechanics come in to play. The PA's are there to keep you tuned up, and answer any and all questions that you have. Good luck, I hope that you become more comfortable with the total staff, nurses, PA's, receptionist and everyone.

So I met with him again yesterday and I do feel better. We were able to talk and clear the air. Bottom line, I think that he is an excellent surgeon and despite the minor setbacks I had, I feel great about my decision. This initial post was made in hast during a time where I couldn't reach him and was also going through a few problems in my personal life. That coupled with my anger about not reaching him, having to get his number from another patient wondering why I didn't get the same after treatment sort of got to me more than it should. I apologized to him and am now apologizing for this post. The fact of the matter is my surgery went great, I feel great, my incisions are tiny, and most of all he did a great job! I shouldn't have let my break-up which happened a couple of days prior and the feelings of abandonment from that influence such a hasty decision. The post should have been titled 'Tony the disappearing boyfriend" since he broke up with me 2 days after surgery and has ignored me since. LOL. Not to mention the fight I had with a very good friend of mine that same day. I was alone, sad, frustrated, upset, and vented. Bottom line it was wrong, I was wrong. I'm very happy with the decision that I made and for the record, Tony can kiss my soon to come tight ass!

Glad u are feeling better!!!! Tell Tony to call Tyrone when he start calling you..LoL... Take Care

So I met with him again yesterday and I do feel better. We were able to talk and clear the air. Bottom line, I think that he is an excellent surgeon and despite the minor setbacks I had, I feel great about my decision. This initial post was made in hast during a time where I couldn't reach him and was also going through a few problems in my personal life. That coupled with my anger about not reaching him, having to get his number from another patient wondering why I didn't get the same after treatment sort of got to me more than it should. I apologized to him and am now apologizing for this post. The fact of the matter is my surgery went great, I feel great, my incisions are tiny, and most of all he did a great job! I shouldn't have let my break-up which happened a couple of days prior and the feelings of abandonment from that influence such a hasty decision. The post should have been titled 'Tony the disappearing boyfriend" since he broke up with me 2 days after surgery and has ignored me since. LOL. Not to mention the fight I had with a very good friend of mine that same day. I was alone, sad, frustrated, upset, and vented. Bottom line it was wrong, I was wrong. I'm very happy with the decision that I made and for the record, Tony can kiss my soon to come tight ass!