Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP Liquid Diet!!!!!!

You need to try the PROTEN shakes from Cost Co. They have 30 grams of Protein and only 5 carbs. I also bought Isopure drinks from GNC. They are a crystal light clear fruit drink and have 40 grams of Protein in a 20 oz bottle. Orange tastes like tang. If it weren't for these I would not have gotten through my two weeks post op. I am 7 weeks post op and am down 38 lbs. I still drink a shake for one meal a day.....great source of Vitamins and minerals and low cal. Good luck.

oh I love the isopure drinks!! try the blue raspberry!! YUM...pricey tho..like 3.50 a bottle....they are my after gym treat..if I can do 2 hours at the gym, I can splurge on myself, right?

I bought a couple of these today! i got grape and alpine punch...couldnt find orange. But youre right, they are pretty good! There is a weird aftertaste, but it passes pretty quickly and really diminishes the colder the drink is. I think I might check a different GNC and see if they have anymore variety....there was a blue one too. have you tried that?

YES!! its blue raspberry, and its great!! pricey but I love it!!!! I make it an after gym reward! to be honest tho...I know the Protein is there, but it doesnt fill me up much, like when I make a shake with the eas mix, the Protein Powder, the pbutter, and banana, but a really nice change!>..

also try looking for a sugar free caramel or hazelnut flavored Syrup. It's something made to go in coffee usually. It took me forever to find the sugar free kind, believe it or not I came across it finally at the dollar store. I was very excited. It just gives the yucky shakes a little bit of a better taste. hope this helps!

During the liquid phase for me, I was told anything I can drink through a straw consistancy. So I took chili, blended it well with extra broth and ta da.. liquid! My advice is don't have the same thing day in and day out or you will surely go mad :blink: Make your blender your best friend during this time. Liquifying meats was not appealing to me, so I blended everything else + bought some unflavored Protein powder and added it to everything, it really helped with keeping my satisfied. U can use this powder in hot and cold foods. Someone also posted a yummy reciped, using frozen hashbrowns, chicken stock, ff sour cream, milk (I tend to add seasonings I like & some shredded cheese)... toss it in a crockpot then blend it up .. I was in the liquid phase during thanksgiving and that was my meal while everyone else was eating the goods.. I enjoyed sipping my yummy potato Soup :rolleyes:

Guest pancakes4life

Since I work 40 hours a week, I needed a shake option that was premade and I could just grab and go. I would highly, highly highly, recommend the Atkins shakes. They really kept me satisfied and they taste good. I tried slim fast and honestly, two seconds after drinking them I would feel like my stomach was eating itself. I was starving. The atkins shakes are wonderful.

liquid diet was so much easier for me than the puree stage. For the liquid diet I had three Protein Shakes during the day. I bought the new Monavie Protein Shake and added chia seeds to the blender. Just make your own chicken and beef broth at home. My mom made chicke Soup with vegetables but I only had the broth and the same thing with the beef. She used beef shanks to make caldo de res but I just had the broth. Sanapple and muscle milk Protein Water helped during the day. You can also have Jello any flavor as long as it is sugar free.< /p>

I am in need of liquid diet options. I am on day four. I keep drink the same thing everyday! I know that I will be tired of this routine soon!

Each physician has their own diet plan pre and post op. My physician had me on Clear liquids (broth, sf Jello, sf popcicles, low cal juice) plus the Optifast for two weeks prior to banding. My banding was on Dec. 29th. I have followed a clear liquid diet since the banding with no Optifast. Tomorrow I have my first post op visit. I will then be able to eat creamed Soups, sf pudding, low fat yogurt, cream of wheat, and vegetable juices.

One thing that was very helpful....I have a small ice cream freezer (one that sits on the counter). I freeze the container so it's aways ready. Put the vanilla Optifast in and blend for about 10 minutes. The result tastes just like a Wendy's Frosty. It is delicious. That was my treat every evening.

I have two cases of the Optifast left and will not use it. If you are interested, or know anyone interested, I would be glad to give a good deal. (Case vanilla + case chocolate).

Good luck with you new way of life.

Is it normal with these shakes to have cramps and runs?