Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just want to eat a hamburger...

I usually love my restriction, but this morning I forgot my normal Protein drink for Breakfast and I've been hungry ever since. I went to Wendy's and got a hamburger, and I just want to eat it all. I don't want it to take 2 hours to eat it with little mouse bites, I want to take HUGE bites and gobble it all up NOW!! :P

Maybe I just to keep my Protein shakes on hand... :)

I totally understand what you're saying. But, sometimes I look at other people eating that big hamburger and think, wow how do they do that? And sometimes, it's kind of sickening to see what people are able to do to themselves eating that way. I am soooo glad I'm banded!:rolleyes:

I usually love my restriction, but this morning I forgot my normal Protein drink for Breakfast and I've been hungry ever since. I went to Wendy's and got a hamburger, and I just want to eat it all. I don't want it to take 2 hours to eat it with little mouse bites, I want to take HUGE bites and gobble it all up NOW!! :P

Maybe I just to keep my Protein shakes on hand... :)

Even at 7.5 cc in a 12cc band, im able to eat a whole jr.cheeseburger with normal bites! how big is your band? and even with Protein Shakes im still starving, i hate that!

I totally understand what you're saying. But, sometimes I look at other people eating that big hamburger and think, wow how do they do that? And sometimes, it's kind of sickening to see what people are able to do to themselves eating that way. I am soooo glad I'm banded!:rolleyes:

A-Men sista, if you look at most of the people eating them, just love your band all that much more!

my band is 10cc, and I have 8 cc in it. It feels pretty tight. I can usually eat one 1/4 cup meal and then another 1/2 or 3/4 cup meal at the end of the day.... small bites, and even then some stuff goes down wrong... like I said, I usually love it, but I think I'm just craving Protein right now.

seknj, when I read your post it was just about time for me to go to lunch. I started thinking about a hamburger. LOL I thought about the burger that I wanted but had to think smaller because I knew it would be too much. When I thought about the smaller burger I knew that even it would be too much. Since I didn't bring my lunch to work today I knew I was going to have to think of something. Took me about 30 minutes ... I went downstairs and got a salad with chicken. Oh well, it's not a juicy, tasty cheeseburger ... but it's much more likely to get me to my goal.

All in all, I am glad I made the healthier choice ... but I certainly know how you feel! :D

I want to eat that burger, i could eat that burger, and about a month ago i did eat that burger, and it was gooooooood..........

But the guilt that followed was awful.

There's nothing wrong with a hamburger if you leave off the bun. I had a Wendy's single cheeseburger for lunch while out shopping yesterday. Just the burger with lettuce and Tomato. It's a great low carb meal.

Hardees and Burger King both make low carb burgers. I ask for a fork and have eaten them for lunch a few times along with an unsweet tea and felt like I was in heaven. LOL

I do eat a hamburger every once and awhile (without the bun of course), but I hardly eat fast food so it is usually a grilled one from home. I have been wandering if I will ever be able to eat a hamburger with the bun ever again. Not that I really miss eating bread, but sometimes I miss taking big bites and eating the whole burger. LOL.

Jessica,

I make 'low carb' Buns. this recipe makes 6 half buns. So you put 2 together for a real hamburger on a bun. I was in heaven when I discovered these although I do limit them to just one 'whole' (two of the rounds) bun per day.

Here's the recipe:

6 lg eggs

dash salt

1/4 tsp cream of tartar

6 oz cream cheese

scant tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp onion powder

1/4 tsp garlic powder

Separate the eggs while still cold (yolk is more stable). Let them come to room temperature. I let the cream cheese sit out during this time as well.

Using the whip attachment, I whipped the eggs with the salt for about 1 minute, then added cream of tartar and whipped for 4 more minutes (soft peaks). You should be able to turn the bowl upside down without the egg whites falling out. In a separate bowl with the flat paddle, I beat the egg yolks, cream cheese, baking powder, and seasonings. It will still have little flecks of cheese throughout. Then I slowly folded the whites into the yolk mixture until most of the whites were incorporated. It wasn't perfectly mixed in but that's not possible without breaking down the whites.

Preheat the oven to 300 deg oven and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Place a large scoop of the mix onto the parchment paper and do this 12 times. Then place another dollop of mix right on top of the previous ones and sort of shape them into a circle. Don't flatten them too much. Bake for about 35-45 minutes (switching the pans so they'd cook evenly after about 25 minutes -- didn't want them to fall). You can also use english muffin molds or a muffin top pan to make them a little more consistent.

I let them cool on the pans though just in case the centers needed that residual heat to finish cooking.

My surgery date was Nov. 8th and I am still waiting for my first fill. I have no restriction right now when I eat but I do have to chew my food or it can get stuck. I am very much looking forward to my first fill on Dec. 29 as I have not lost any weight since. I am back to eating normal food and I feel horrible with the things I eat. :(

My surgery date was Nov. 8th and I am still waiting for my first fill. I have no restriction right now when I eat but I do have to chew my food or it can get stuck. I am very much looking forward to my first fill on Dec. 29 as I have not lost any weight since. I am back to eating normal food and I feel horrible with the things I eat. :(

Just 'food' for thought since your band is already giving enough restriction that you're getting stuck on some things. Are you eating because you're truly stomach growling hungry...or eating because you have no physical restriction to limit how much you can eat?

I ask because way too many people end up overfilled because they're looking for the physical restriction...which doesn't happen for everyone without being overfilled (as evidenced by regular 'stuck' episodes)...and some of us never had it even when we were overfilled.

What we should be looking for is a cessation of that constant 'hungry' feeling.

I just thought I would clarify a little. I don't count calories, or deny myself anything I want to eat, so the problem yesterday was not guilt or mentally not wanting to eat the hamburger. I cannot eat a hamburger, because I physically cannot eat the hamburger. My band is so tight that I will get stuck if I eat too fast or take too big of bites. That is how my surgeon says my band is supposed to work. If I try to defeat the band, I throw up. This has resulted in a greatly decreased desire for food, and even my taste buds have changed. However, yesterday when I originally posted this I was Protein deficient, so I wanted to gobble beef. :)

I ended up eating about half the burger, but it took over 2 hours... :P