Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm going for my pre op tests tomorrow. I was told it would take 1.5 hours. What kind of tests are they? After the appointment I have to schedule an appointment with my pcp to het final clearance. I wish surgery were sooner, the sooner the surgery the sooner I can eat real food, well no mushies for 2.5 weeks. Only second day of shakes and I am craving real food

I'm going for my pre op tests tomorrow. I was told it would take 1.5 hours. What kind of tests are they? After the appointment I have to schedule an appointment with my pcp to het final clearance. I wish surgery were sooner, the sooner the surgery the sooner I can eat real food, well no mushies for 2.5 weeks. Only second day of shakes and I am craving real food

At my doctor's office they did fasting blood work, went over the procedure in great detail, did a pulmonary test, and an EKG. Sounds like your doctor is pretty hands on if it'll take you that long. :)

How did your pre op visit go yesterday? My went well.. I was scared for no reason, they DIDN'T find anyway to cancel the surgery. YES!!!!!! I'm sooooo excited!! I can't wait till the 20th... sure wish it was tomorrow!!! Well hope all went well for you too!!

mine is still a green light too.....phew!!!...she was a little dissapointed that I had only lost 3 lbs on the hmr....but I think 3 lbs in less than 3 weeks since I last weighed in is just fine...esp since I have a screwed up thyroid....its getting really close....I'm getting really nervous...good luck with everything...I will be thinking of you!!!!

I am having my surgery on December 20th. also. I am also almost finished with 2 week post-op diet. The second day was the worst. I went for my pre-op testing on Tues. the 12th. and I had lost 14 lbs.! I was thrilled, especially since I found out I had been cheating all along. I thought I read the instructions but I must have read what I wanted it to say because I have been mixing the Protein with milk instead of Water. What a ditz! I decided to just keep doing it and lose as much as I can by the time of surgery. My dr. told me that I had to do the 2 week pre-op diet because I had what he called central obesity. Most of my fat is in my abdomen: right where he needs to be operating. I don't know if this is part of the reason some Drs. require it and others don't. Well, like most of you, I have had a nighttime breakdown, doubted myself, and now I am just excited and nervous. I am really ready to have it over with.

Good luck to all of us being operated in December. I will say a little prayer for all of us.

Viola

3 days to go! I am nervous but excited for the new me. Tomorrow starts Clear liquids and I have to work Saturday and Sunday, I am just going to try and drink extra of my wylers to try to stave off the hunger.

Are you guys, nervous, excited, what?

I am dying here lol. One minute I'm so excited, the next I'm trying to talk myself out of it! I'm nervous about the anesthesia mostly, not the actual surgery itself. I start Clear Liquids Sunday then when I come home (next day) I start full liquids. I think I'm going to go ahead and start clear tomorrow just bc I want to be certain to have an empty stomach on Monday! I'm also kinda worried about something. We can't eat or drink after midnight. Well, I pee right when I wake up and when I get there I am supposed to take a urine based pregnancy test. If I've had no liquids and already used the bathroom, what if I can't pee?!? lol It sounds petty I know but at this point the worry wart side of me has kicked in. I'm just ready for this to be over and be losing weight! What about you?

Went to my primary today for medical clearance. All went well. I got a call a little while ago from the hospital. I have to be there at 8am, not sure what time the actual surgery is.

I am getting a bit scared but am really hopeful about the surgery. Mine is in the afternoon so I have to go all day without eating or drinking any Water. Not looking forward to that. I posted on my blog at https://diaryofalapbandmom.blogspot.com

Wishing everyone luck! And let's all post our experiences on Monday.

All the best,

Susan

Hey Amber and all Dec 20 Bandsters,

Just browising around and wanted to wish you (and everyone else!) luck and CONGRATS on your new adventure on Monday!!!! I was banded this past Sept 27th..and I wouldn't change my decision to do this for the world!!!!!!!! You're all going to be so so so happy :) I was in the same boat...first surgery EVER (like, never had and IV before) and not going to lie..i was having those same jitters!!! Just focus on the positive and what an amazing healthy thing you are doing for yourself! I promise the IV, going to sleep..everything was a piece of cake :) (or maybe I was dreaming of a piece of cake?? lol I dunno) Anyway Monday will go so fast and youll be on to your new life before you know it! :) If any of you want to talk or anything feel free to email me!! :)

Holly

I started my clear liquids today, and I got to work a little while ago and it is horrible, I have no energy. Plus there are Cookies and chocolate covered pretzels on the counter taunting me. I just keep telling myself it won't be forever that I won't be able to have one.

Also been thinking about the post op diet and how I am going to get the Protein in, I can't use the unflavored powder, it is nasty and the clear liquid Protein drinks are nasty too. I did find one that is a little tolerable but I've only had a sip so far, the muscle milk h2o, but it is only 10 grams for 16 oz, so I'd have to drink a ton of it.

This stuff along with hunger is putting me in a bad mood

OMG I am so getting nervous now......I called for my surgery time yesterday and it is at 7:30 am they said I have to arrive at 5:45am. The hospital I am going to is almost 40miles away takes a lil' over an hour with no traffic, so we are going to have to leave at like 4:30 and doctors orders were to wash abdomen with hibiclens right before coming to hospital so I am going to have to wake up at like 3-3:30am.....I really don't care though I would rather that than 3pm. my surgery will be over b4 9am.....kind of like when I woke up for black friday except the "purchase" is a new lap band lol :) Good luck to EVERYONE I should go to bed now b/c god knows I probably won't get any sleep tomorrow night!!

I started my clear liquids today, and I got to work a little while ago and it is horrible, I have no energy. Plus there are Cookies and chocolate covered pretzels on the counter taunting me. I just keep telling myself it won't be forever that I won't be able to have one.

Also been thinking about the post op diet and how I am going to get the Protein in, I can't use the unflavored powder, it is nasty and the clear Liquid Protein drinks are nasty too. I did find one that is a little tolerable but I've only had a sip so far, the muscle milk h2o, but it is only 10 grams for 16 oz, so I'd have to drink a ton of it.

This stuff along with hunger is putting me in a bad mood

I am very "picky" with the Protein supplements too...I have hated a lot of them so I was really dissapointed to find out on here that the unflavored powders were not really "unflavored", but then I was looking through this forum and found this post on one of the threads:

I found an awesome product at bariatriceating.com. today was my first day to use it so i was a bit nervous. but you go their site and click on shop and protein powders. it is called BE Pure Isolate Protein. IT HAS NO FLAVOR AND NO TEXTURE. No Fat no or low carbs (i dont have the package in front of me). It mixes with anything. I promise. i drank it with chicken broth for lunch today and it turned it a little milky but no bad taste or grit. I praised God for this. Cause i did not want to drink a RTD shake. they are too thick and too sweet. please give this site a try. they have other flavors also. But i know that i would not make it through this pre-op plan without it. Good luck !

this poster sounds pretty confident...plus on the website one of the testimonials reads:

I ordered your PURE Unflavored Protein and I just have to tell you I am a big fan. So often people say that their unflavored Proteins are not truly unflavored and that they smell - your product is truly unflavored, top quality, no smell. I mix it with my Decaf latte and get a Protein Drink that is heavenly. Thank you – Tammy Edwards

I seriously think I might try this one, as soon as i get sick of milky/sweet shakes and Powerade zero and SF Jello and popsicles. This stuff really sounds iike it's legit and I am willing to risk my money on it. The site is www.bariatriceating.com and they also have some other really good looking shakes called "inspire" in like a million different unique flavors.

Good luck to all of those getting banded tomorrow!! I'm getting banded on Tuesday (hope you don't mind the intrusion) and I was wondering...what do you wear to the hospital? It is an outpatient procedure for me. I report at 9:30 AM for a surgery time of 11:30 and I should get picked up between 3 and 5 in the afternoon. Do I need to be aware of anything? Thanks.

Hi Lavendar,

I wore sweats, a tank top and sweatshirt. Wear slip on shoes too. Just make sure you wear something kind of loose with an elastic waist. I felt bloated afterwards. Best wishes!!!

I am very "picky" with the Protein supplements too...I have hated a lot of them so I was really dissapointed to find out on here that the unflavored powders were not really "unflavored", but then I was looking through this forum and found this post on one of the threads:

I found an awesome product at bariatriceating.com. today was my first day to use it so i was a bit nervous. but you go their site and click on shop and Protein powders. it is called BE Pure Isolate Protein. IT HAS NO FLAVOR AND NO TEXTURE. No Fat no or low carbs (i dont have the package in front of me). It mixes with anything. I promise. i drank it with chicken broth for lunch today and it turned it a little milky but no bad taste or grit. I praised God for this. Cause i did not want to drink a RTD shake. they are too thick and too sweet. please give this site a try. they have other flavors also. But i know that i would not make it through this pre-op plan without it. Good luck !

this poster sounds pretty confident...plus on the website one of the testimonials reads:

I ordered your PURE Unflavored Protein and I just have to tell you I am a big fan. So often people say that their unflavored Proteins are not truly unflavored and that they smell - your product is truly unflavored, top quality, no smell. I mix it with my Decaf latte and get a Protein Drink that is heavenly. Thank you – Tammy Edwards

I seriously think I might try this one, as soon as i get sick of milky/sweet shakes and Powerade zero and SF Jello and popsicles. This stuff really sounds iike it's legit and I am willing to risk my money on it. The site is www.bariatriceating.com and they also have some other really good looking shakes called "inspire" in like a million different unique flavors.

This is good stuff. i searched and ordered and returned till i found one i like. you will be pleased. i mix mine with broth and juice. it turns it milky looking but still no taste or aftertaste. Good luck. i have two more days of liquid pre-op then surgery on the 21st. on monday i am only allowed clear liquids no protein so my energy will zap i am sure. going from 60-80 grams of protein to nothing is going to be tough but i am going to make it. God Bless and God Speed on your surgery on Monday! I will be thinking and praying for all a good surgery and speedy recovery!:D