Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2010 Bandsters out there?

Congrats to the new banders!

I'm a week and a half out and on pureed still. Ive been having chili, oatmeal and tuna mostly. OMG I had chicken lettuce wraps (minus the lettuce) and they were amazing! I'm on vacation now, haven't had any problems eating out. Just keeping portions small, and nothing super solid it seems to do well. I've been quite hungry the past 2 days though. Probably eating a little more solid then I'm supposed to, but nothing is making me sick. I just make sure it's really small.

wooo, down 22 pounds in your talk since pre-op diet...yay. Tried savoury biscuits and cottage cheese last night for first time...still no issues. Had 1ml put in (a little early, but was either that or half way through Jan!) so Im up to 4mls.

Got my band today and should be realeased from the hospital tomorrow. I live three hours away so he wanted to keep me on night for observation. I will have to make the drive back up here in ten days for staple removal, and the hospital had me shower already this evening.

I do have the typical pain in my shoulder but I've been up and walking a lot. As far as pain goes, I've been describing it as feeling as if you have done about 100 crunches more than you should have.

I must say this is an exciing new adventure in my life!

i was banded tuesday the 21st. i am still a bit sore. i was moving in the hospital more than i am at home. need to move more and i would feel a bit better. no major pain. just sore and stiff. have not been able to drink like i want to but i will not be able to down 10 oz of anything any more. i just have to remember to sip sip sip. well i am off to walk and go back to bed.

I had my first 'stuck' episode last night, really scared me. Most foods have been going down great, with no problem. So I tried half a piece of potato bread, with some hummus spread on top. It got stuck, I was panicked, walking tried drinking to get it down, it was 10 minutes of pain, and panic. I think I had a few PBs and overly full feeling, but no nausea or vomiting.

I will NOT be trying bread again.

Banded Dec 6.

I was banded on the 13th...and I am feeling pretty damn good!!! My incision is itching and my belly button is itching like crazy! I am eating mostly mushy stuff! I tried chicken salad last night and it tasted amazing. Last night was the third night I slept all the way through the night. I have felt overly full...but no stuck episodes. I have lost 9 lbs since surgery day but expect to gain a little back the more I am able to eat. I happy though! I hope this continues to work! I am hopeful but scared! Yay

I was banded 2 weeks ago roday! I am officially to start mushies tomorrow but yesterday i was SO hungry I called the Dr and he suggested trying some mashed potato or cottage cheese which I did. I had made a crock pot chicken for the family any way so I took a potato half and mushed it up, added broth and ate it very slowly. It was a little over 1 oz and it took me 35 minutes to eat. After 4 weeks of liquid (2 wks prior / almost 2 wks after) I was finally full. :)

According to my scale this morning I am down 37 lbs.... of course that may be a few lbs give or take from the Dr.'s scale but its still a loss I am pretty happy with for the 1st month. :) I am sure I wont continue to lose at such a rapid pace once I am on full solids but I am shooting for 5 lbs per week for the first 100 lbs... the I know it will slow down as i get closer to my goal.

My good friend is being banded as I type this... so I am thinking about her... :)

I have now been eating "real" food for about a week and I haven't lost a pound since...I am thinking that part of it is due to the fact that I started my TOM yesterday but I think I really need to start zeroing in on the number of calories I will need each day. Yesterday I had about 825 calories and 100 grams of Protein but I am wondering if I should be eating a few more calories to get out of this rut. Can any of you tell me how many calories you are taking in each day?

The good news is that I have noticed a huge change in the way my clothes are fitting - shirts that were getting snug are now fitting properly, my jeans which used to fit well are so big that I think I will be shopping for a smaller size soon and I even need to go shopping for new bras because the cups on my current ones are getting too big (I always lose there first).

Luckily, I haven't had a stuck episode yet (and after reading some of your posts, I won't be trying bread any time soon :unsure: ) ...

I hope all is going well with everyone - I am so glad I have made this choice and can't wait to see what the new year holds in store!

I'm like you Vickyd. I'm going to try and not weigh myself for the next week.

I've also started on more normal food this week- not so mushed up and not losing like I did the first two weeks. I need to put more exercise into my routine too. I've been very slack and the only exercise I'm getting is strolling around the shopping centers buying Christmas presents.

I wouldn't have a clue about my calorie intake. I've never been one to count calories and don't want to start now. I've only been eating whole foods and in very small portions, so I wouldn't think it was too much.

I love the way my clothes are fitting me too :) They are so much more comfortable :) Can't wait to go down another size as I might actually be able to find clothes that fit in any shop. I'm really enjoying walking around the shop and looking in the windows of clothes stores and thinking "I'll be able to go in there soon and actually buy something!" I know that my new fix will be clothes and no longer food.

Keep up the great work everyone.

Had my 1 week post op appt today, doc say things are looking good and my experiences are pretty much normal so far. Set the first fill appt for Jan 20th. She also said I could move onto purred foods/mushies I am down 10# by my home scale, and down 7 # by the Dr's from surgery day, but i do know the last couple days I have really struggled to get in my Protein and fluids, today i am feeling like I have a cold...SO onward we go, so far so good!! Merry Xmas everyone!!