Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BANDED ON MONDAY - 5 INCISIONS

SO WE WERE BANDED ON MONDAY THE TRADITIONAL WAY OF 5 INCISIONS, CAN ANYONE RELATE TO THIS ON HERE? IF YOU WOULD PLEASE DESCRIBE UR ACHES, PAINS, GAS PAINS, BACK PAINS ETC, I FEEL THE BAND AND ACTUALLY SHOWERED TODAY AND FELT IT BY MISTAKE, IT SORT OF FELT WEIRD THAT IT IS RIGHT UNDER MY RIGHT BOOBIE....OUCH.....WILL THAT GO DOWN ONCE YOU LOSE THE WEIGHT SO THAT YOU CANT SEE THE LUMP FROM THE PORT? UGHH GEEZ SO MANY QUESTIONS...I DO FEEL MY BELLY RUMBLING ALOT...AND I MEAN A LOT...GAS DOES COME OUT BUT NOT ENOUGH FOR WHAT SEEMS TO BE IN THERE RUMBLING...

The rumbling is your belly empty. You must stay on your instructed diet but eventually, when you can eat, that'll take care of the rumbles. Meanwhile, embrace them, it means you're skrinking!

Feeling the band in there goes away once you heal. You may feel it a bit when you get fills but it's not painful.

My surgeon used 5 incisicions and can see my port lump when I suck in or lay on my back. He explained that he used to put the ports in deeper but it seemed to cause more problems reaching it for fills and stuff. At this point, I'd have preferred the old way but heck, I weigh less than I did in high school so I ain't really complaining!

Best of luck!

I was banded last Tuesday and I have 4 incisions. I am full of gas as well. I am constantly rumbling and passing gas. This is not pretty so far!!

yea the rumblings are def not pretty at all. it seems to get stuck in the left shoulder in my back and it gets stuck in the center of my belly....i wanna move a round more freely but that will happen in due time i guess. i thought id never get this done and here we are its done...lol

i am eating mushies so just had homemade chkn Soup and for Breakfast had a chobani yogurt in vanilla. i guess later i will have some Jello or something. is it bad if you eat inbetween meals? you look great!!!!

honestly i don't care that it sticks out, but can u notice it with something that your wearing that may be a little snug on you.. i mean i dont know about wearing a bikini but like does it bother you wearing a bra?

the rumblings are annoying but you were banded last week and you still have them? are you walking? i am trying to do laundry and little odds and ends around the house to keep me going...keep moving around nd eating and you notice the rumbles moving out..

I was banded on 11/15/10. I only have two incisions. For me, it was walk, walk, walk. I hate to walk, but it made the gas and soreness feel so much better. I took at least 4, 10 minute walks. My back hurt a lot and I used a heating pad on it while sitting in a recliner. I'm 2 weeks out and feel much better now. I can feel my port pulling at my stomach muscle, but I haven't felt the port with my hand through my skin. There's a lot of fat there. :D Anyway, from those I've talked to, it is more noticeable when you lose the excess weight, but I don't think it protrudes out. They can just feel it if they rub over the area.

As for the growling stomach, mine does it the worst at night. I don't feel that hungry, but it sure sounds that way. It seems to be settling down with each day though. Good luck!!

SO WE WERE BANDED ON MONDAY THE TRADITIONAL WAY OF 5 INCISIONS, CAN ANYONE RELATE TO THIS ON HERE? IF YOU WOULD PLEASE DESCRIBE UR ACHES, PAINS, GAS PAINS, BACK PAINS ETC, I FEEL THE BAND AND ACTUALLY SHOWERED TODAY AND FELT IT BY MISTAKE, IT SORT OF FELT WEIRD THAT IT IS RIGHT UNDER MY RIGHT BOOBIE....OUCH.....WILL THAT GO DOWN ONCE YOU LOSE THE WEIGHT SO THAT YOU CANT SEE THE LUMP FROM THE PORT? UGHH GEEZ SO MANY QUESTIONS...I DO FEEL MY BELLY RUMBLING ALOT...AND I MEAN A LOT...GAS DOES COME OUT BUT NOT ENOUGH FOR WHAT SEEMS TO BE IN THERE RUMBLING...

I was also banded on 11/29 and i am having the same symptoms as you. I guess they go away in time. I have tried walking, but that just seems to move the gas around. I find bending over difficult as it seems to pull on the incision , so i need to use a grabber.

Diana

I was banded on 11/29 and I can relate. I have been walking and I have found that it is helping my gas pain a lot. I am still very sore and trying to take it easy. I have 4 incisions and I had a hernia removed at the same time. I plan on keeping with my pain meds for the rest of the week to make sure that I get the proper rest. I am notorious for not keeping still.

I had mine on 11/22 and didn't have much pain or gas. I simply found myself uncomfortable. I find it interesting that you all can feel your band. Maybe that is what I have felt and seen. My largest incision is about 8 inches under my right breast. I know that is where my port is located, but I also feel something else that is larger. Would that be my band?

Hello Folks! I too was banded 11/29/10 and still aching this Thursday 12/2/10 but getting better. Gas, heartburn feeling, bending, hiccups and sometimes severe pain by the largest incision is felt. The liquid diet is a killer and i'm running out of things with flavor to drink down. My biggest issue is distinguishing discomforts from fullness, eating too quickly or temp of foods (liquids). I also despise the feeling of hunger and rumbling of my stomach.

Best of luck to us all!

I was also banded on 11/29 and i am having the same symptoms as you. I guess they go away in time. I have tried walking, but that just seems to move the gas around. I find bending over difficult as it seems to pull on the incision , so i need to use a grabber.

Diana

Hello Folks! I too was banded 11/29/10 and still aching this Thursday 12/2/10 but getting better. Gas, heartburn feeling, bending, hiccups and sometimes severe pain by the largest incision is felt. The liquid diet is a killer and i'm running out of things with flavor to drink down. My biggest issue is distinguishing discomforts from fullness, eating too quickly or temp of foods (liquids). I also despise the feeling of hunger and rumbling of my stomach.

Best of luck to us all!

My stomach is also grumbling/rumbling, but I think it is the gas.

LMAO, yeah could be. I've been embarrassed by it all but what are we going to do right?! Nice to meet you Diana. I decided upon the surgery because I was afraid of getting any larger and becoming diabetic. I hope to drop to 170 of lean muscle because i continue to exercise. I don't know what happened to my body but all of a sudden although I exercised I kept on putting on the lbs. Thankfully this is reversible and hopefully i will get back to my original weight through this method while completely changing my diet of the foods I have been eating. Im at 290 lbs now so I am shooting for June 2012 to be at my goal weight. I spoke to the Dr. today and he tells me all the symptons we have been mentioning are normal and that not everyone get the same ones or combinations but to relax. He actually suggested that I monitor my breathing because part of the issue may be due to the breathing in combination with my movements so I figured i'd let you know that since no one else has mentioned it.

Well best of luck. Keep me posted on your progress and know that support is always available to those who ask.

Luis

LMAO, yeah could be. I've been embarrassed by it all but what are we going to do right?! Nice to meet you Diana. I decided upon the surgery because I was afraid of getting any larger and becoming diabetic. I hope to drop to 170 of lean muscle because i continue to exercise. I don't know what happened to my body but all of a sudden although I exercised I kept on putting on the lbs. Thankfully this is reversible and hopefully i will get back to my original weight through this method while completely changing my diet of the foods I have been eating. Im at 290 lbs now so I am shooting for June 2012 to be at my goal weight. I spoke to the Dr. today and he tells me all the symptons we have been mentioning are normal and that not everyone get the same ones or combinations but to relax. He actually suggested that I monitor my breathing because part of the issue may be due to the breathing in combination with my movements so I figured i'd let you know that since no one else has mentioned it.

Well best of luck. Keep me posted on your progress and know that support is always available to those who ask.

Luis

Luis, That is interesting about the breathing. i will have to pay more attention to it. I have always been told that muscle weighs more than fat. I know we are suppose not to weigh our selves until we go back to our docs for the follow up visit, but I had to the day after I had the surgery. I actually weighed more then when i went into the hospital!!! I am really not paying attention to the scale though, i just thought it was amusing.

Has anyone noticed that their belly's are swollen after the procedure? Sees like it would be a natural thing to happen.

BTW, where can I find one of those charts most everyone has tracking their weight loss?

Thanks