Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 29th-Any others?

So I am scheduled for surgery on November 29th. I started this in August. It didn't take too long as my insurance covers Lap-Band, and I didn't need a 6 month diet. I started my journey at 265 lbs. I am now at 250 lbs. I started journaling my food and exercising more than usual. Not too bad.

I am now on the pre-op phase as prescribed by my Nut. I am not hungry but not really satisfied. I guess this will be the new normal. I think some of the problem is the pre-op liquid diet is mainly milk based and sweet, ie Muscle Milk Light, yogurt, fat free sugar free pudding, etc. I really don't have much of a sweet tooth. I look so forward to my two daily meals of Soup to get some savory. Thank God I can cook. I cooked a big pot of Soup. Canned soup is not all that tasty, but I have some to mix things up.

I found out the hard way yesterday about getting enough to eat. I was about an hour late for my evening mini-meal, and had a real soupy soup with little in the way of calories for lunch. It was canned soup...big mistake. I was sick with a headache and dizziness by evening, and I ate stuff not on my plan. I started my pre-op diet 2 days early (on Sat) and was doing okay before yesterday evening. I am back on track today and am being a lot more mindful about getting enough calories in as not to get low blood sugar and compensating by eating the wrong things. I also went for walk on my lunch break, like I usually do, which may have contributed to the incident later in the evening in conjunction with not enough calories.

I am excited about my surgery! :D My husband is "cautiously optimistic" as I have lost and regained weight most of my life. One of my sisters knows and is very supportive. My mom and best friend know but have bombarded me with failure stories as they are both jealous. I have decided not to tell most of my friends and co-workers as I am also "cautiously optimistic" about them. My co-workers have no need to know. I have told everyone I am getting my gallbladder out which my dr. does do so it won't seem odd with my dr excuse. Most of my friends are obese and I really don't need any more failure stories or other forms of acting out of jealousy.

I'll be in North Shore LIJ Syosset, on Long Island, with Dr. Geiss. I qualify for single incision, and if all goes well, I'll go home the same day instead of staying over night as I am healthy other than being obese.

I have bought most of the things I need post-op. I need to get a Fiber supplement and Vitamins.

Any one else being banded on the 29th? Good luck to all out there in Bandland.

I'm November 30th....can I join you?

Becki

I am being banded on the 29th also and I am super nervous. I am on a low carb pre-op diet that is not going so well. I am having the most severe back pain. I called my surgeons office and they told me to go back to regular foods, just eat less. I went to my family doctor to make sure that I did not have a uti or any other infection to be on the safe side. I found out today that I am all clear but the pain is still there. The closer the day gets I find myself worring about the most foolish things like...can I paint my toes or can I wear makeup? blue shirt or pink shirt? : :unsure: at the same time I am ready to start my new life.

So I am scheduled for surgery on November 29th. I started this in August. It didn't take too long as my insurance covers Lap-Band, and I didn't need a 6 month diet. I started my journey at 265 lbs. I am now at 250 lbs. I started journaling my food and exercising more than usual. Not too bad.

I am now on the pre-op phase as prescribed by my Nut. I am not hungry but not really satisfied. I guess this will be the new normal. I think some of the problem is the pre-op liquid diet is mainly milk based and sweet, ie Muscle Milk Light, yogurt, fat free sugar free pudding, etc. I really don't have much of a sweet tooth. I look so forward to my two daily meals of Soup to get some savory. Thank God I can cook. I cooked a big pot of soup. Canned soup is not all that tasty, but I have some to mix things up.

I found out the hard way yesterday about getting enough to eat. I was about an hour late for my evening mini-meal, and had a real soupy soup with little in the way of calories for lunch. It was canned soup...big mistake. I was sick with a headache and dizziness by evening, and I ate stuff not on my plan. I started my pre-op diet 2 days early (on Sat) and was doing okay before yesterday evening. I am back on track today and am being a lot more mindful about getting enough calories in as not to get low blood sugar and compensating by eating the wrong things. I also went for walk on my lunch break, like I usually do, which may have contributed to the incident later in the evening in conjunction with not enough calories.

I am excited about my surgery! :D My husband is "cautiously optimistic" as I have lost and regained weight most of my life. One of my sisters knows and is very supportive. My mom and best friend know but have bombarded me with failure stories as they are both jealous. I have decided not to tell most of my friends and co-workers as I am also "cautiously optimistic" about them. My co-workers have no need to know. I have told everyone I am getting my gallbladder out which my dr. does do so it won't seem odd with my dr excuse. Most of my friends are obese and I really don't need any more failure stories or other forms of acting out of jealousy.

I'll be in North Shore LIJ Syosset, on Long Island, with Dr. Geiss. I qualify for single incision, and if all goes well, I'll go home the same day instead of staying over night as I am healthy other than being obese.

I have bought most of the things I need post-op. I need to get a Fiber supplement and Vitamins.

I am being banded on the 29th also and I am super nervous. I am on a low carb pre-op diet that is not going so well. I am having the most severe back pain. I called my surgeons office and they told me to go back to regular foods, just eat less. I went to my family doctor to make sure that I did not have a uti or any other infection to be on the safe side. I found out today that I am all clear but the pain is still there. The closer the day gets I find myself worring about the most foolish things like...can I paint my toes or can I wear makeup? blue shirt or pink shirt? : :unsure: at the same time I am ready to start my new life.

I am just tired of eating sweet stuff. I am also suffering from intermittent bouts of dizziness and weakness from lack of food. It will get better. You will be able to do all those things you want to do and more! Good luck!

I am now on the pre-op phase as prescribed by my Nut. I am not hungry but not really satisfied. I guess this will be the new normal. I think some of the problem is the pre-op liquid diet is mainly milk based and sweet, ie Muscle Milk Light, yogurt, fat free sugar free pudding, etc. I really don't have much of a sweet tooth. I look so forward to my two daily meals of Soup to get some savory. Thank God I can cook. I cooked a big pot of soup. Canned soup is not all that tasty, but I have some to mix things up.

I have bought most of the things I need post-op. I need to get a fiber supplement and Vitamins.

I am being banded on the 30th. A little nervous, but excited too. I just hope this

works for me. Have been on the pre-op diet and could really go for some carbs

right now. Tomorrow (Thanksgiving) will be hard. But I am committed to making

this work this time !

Hello, I too am being banded on the 29th :) It has been a year of diet, nutrition consults, pre op tests, PCP appts, etc and I feel I am REALLY ready for this! Pre op liquid diet has been the toughest part and I'm trying to give myself credit that I've been able to do it! I wish everyone best of luck and prayers come Monday... soon we shall be official bandsters too!!! ;)

Susan