Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much fluid for your first fill...and how much do you have now?

Hi ! I am now almost 6 weeks post op and feeling great. Once i had my first fill..things started moving quickly. i love my band and am so happy i made this decision. I know there are going to be slow months and bumps in the road...and its not magic. My question is...how much did you get for your first fill..and how much do you have presently. Is it your sweet spot. My first fill was 4.5 cc and i think its great. Restriction is awesome even tho doc says it will loosen and i will probably need more to get to my sweet spot! Thanks for any advice :blushing: :w00t: :)

Hey! I had my first fill on Monday and I only got 3.7 cc's. She told me that that would be my largest fill. I feel NO difference...so I'm extremely jealous of your 4.5! LOL

I hope the future fills give me some sort of restriction, I'm going on sheer will power right now and I don't know how long it will last. :blushing:)

I was banded 7/23/10 and had my first fill about 6 weeks later adding 4cc's to an 11cc band. At first I could feel a very small amount of restriction but that quickly subsided. Four weeks later I had another 2cc's added and again had some restriction that lasted only about a week. My third fill I had another 2cc's added and that gave me the most restriction I had had at that point. It seemed to last a little longer than the others, but I just didn't feel I was quite to my "sweet spot". Today I had my fourth fill of .5cc's. I am hopeful that this will be the one to reach that point.

Good luck on this journey!

First fill 4 CC, second 2, third 1. After the third I had some restriction but that has pretty much subsided; now almost two weeks out.

I came out of surgery (20 months ago) with about 3cc's already in my band.

6 weeks later I got a 1cc fill.

All the others since then have been .5cc or less.

I am currently at approx 5.5 cc's and have pretty good appetite suppression most of the time. last fill was in Sept & .2cc's.. debating on whether I'll need more in Dec.

Wow!! I am so jealous of all of you all.. I had surgery on the 15th of Oct. I went today for my first fill and I only got 1.5cc. I thought that was a big jump because I was only expecting to get 1cc..

Ugg, I am sooo ready to fill some major restriction. At this rate it will be spring before I actually see any true restriction. So basically I guess I need to mentally and physically prepare myself to do it on my own until then.

THank you All for your responses!!! I like to have some feedback ...i know all Dr.s are differnt. until i had this first fill...i was going on sheer willpower and it was very hard..but once i had the feel...it was awesome. Im still ok...but hoping the restriction stays. Good luck to you all!!!

Hi ! I am now almost 6 weeks post op and feeling great. Once i had my first fill..things started moving quickly. i love my band and am so happy i made this decision. I know there are going to be slow months and bumps in the road...and its not magic. My question is...how much did you get for your first fill..and how much do you have presently. Is it your sweet spot. My first fill was 4.5 cc and i think its great. Restriction is awesome even tho doc says it will loosen and i will probably need more to get to my sweet spot! Thanks for any advice :thumbup: :) :)

I was banded on 10/5/10 and got my first fill today - 4 cc. He started with 5cc but had me drink Water while the needle was still in. 5ccs was too restrictive - I had a hard time drinking the water so he removed 1 cc. I'm on liquids today, pureed foods tomorrow and regular food starting Saturday. He said my next fill would be in 8 weeks. I am so happy that I got the band! I'm doing great. :)

My doc follows the guidelines provided by the manufacturer of the band. He showed me the chart that he receives from the company. I'm not sure why so many other docs just do what they want, and don't follow the chart. Anyway, the company says...1st fill 3CC, 2nd fill 1CC, 3rd fill .5CC (This is for a 10CC band)

This has worked quite well for me.

Hope that helps.

My first fill was 4.5 cc. After a couple of days, anything I felt from it vanished. My second fill was 4 cc. Again, the effects were short lived. I don't know how much my subsequent fills were---I stopped asking. I did start to get some restriction with my third fill. I think I probably have somewhere in the vicinity of 9-9.5 cc at this point (after 6 fills, I think)---and they're just about right.

wow, my doctor is quite conservative. I only get 1cc/fill. I had 2.2 in at surgery and after 2 fills I'm at 4.2. Sometimes I feel restriction, sometimes nada. I don't think I'm "there" yet

Well I was banded on Aug.3, 2010 They did put a tiny amount in at surgery, but I sure did not feel it! I have since had two tiny fills, I certainly don't think I am at my sweet spot. I go in 4 days to get my third, and am really looking forward to it. I pray he gives me enough to last a while because I was self pay.....and with that I only get three fills for free, after that they will charge me!:) BOOOOO

But all in all I still Love,Love,Love:wub::thumbup::wub: My band:biggrin:.

I have had a 14 cc Allergan lap band since 4/15/10. There was no Fluid added at the time of surgery. I received my first fill on 5/26/10 and it was 6.5 cc. I am now at 10.8 cc and do have restriction.

I just had my first fill today... I already had 3.2cc in the band that the dr. had put in at surgery which was a little surprising. They put in .6 more but I couldn't drink Water, so they took most of it back out and only bumped me up a little bit. Even with just a little bump, I can tell a big difference today, but probably won't last long. Going back in two weeks for another small bump - going on vacation in Dec so being nice to me :-) Said that in Jan I'll probably have a bigger bump up. But so far, so good... I'm down a little over 20 lbs in the past 6 weeks and have only had a couple of days where I was really hungry (and that was in the first week). No trouble eating anything I've tried. Been really easy so far, but think it might be harder as the fills start and will be harder to eat some things with more restriction. Just taking it a day at a time!

Hi ! I am now almost 6 weeks post op and feeling great. Once i had my first fill..things started moving quickly. i love my band and am so happy i made this decision. I know there are going to be slow months and bumps in the road...and its not magic. My question is...how much did you get for your first fill..and how much do you have presently. Is it your sweet spot. My first fill was 4.5 cc and i think its great. Restriction is awesome even tho doc says it will loosen and i will probably need more to get to my sweet spot! Thanks for any advice :blushing: :w00t: :)

I was banded on 10/25/10 and had my first fill of 4 CCs at 3 1/2 weeks on 11/18/10. I was expecting to notice a big difference but I really didn't notice anything. I go next week 12/02 for another 2 CCs and am hoping to feel more restriction. I find that I do get full very quickly but after about 3 hours I start to get really hungry...groaning stomach hungry, so I think the food is leaving my stomach too quickly at this point. I am trying to stay on track by writing down everything I eat, the calories and the amount of Protein, which is keeping me in control. It is amazing how everyone's body reacts so differently!