Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

EUREKA! I've found it! I think...maybe?

I had my second fill a couple of days ago and i'm crossing my fingers and toes that this was it and not just initial swelling. I think I might have found my sweet spot! Before fills and even after my first fill, I could pretty much eat anything I wanted to and wasn't feeling any real fullness. I was stopping at what I felt was 'not hungry', but was hungry again not long after and white-knuckling it. After this second fill (all together 6ccs in a 10cc band), I definitely feel full faster (although I can still eat about a cup or a little more a sitting) and if I eat too fast or don't chew really well, I can feel it slowing down and getting a little stuck for a bit. and it takes about 2-2 1/2 hours to me to feel hungry again. Along with adding more Fiber to my diet, I'm seeing the scale moving down again...yay!

Here is the problem (maybe self created), but is this REALLY it? if I get a LITTLE more, will it be even BETTER? Will I be able to go mabye 3- 3 1/2 hours before hungry instead of 2 -2 1/2... will I feel full after 1/2 a cup to a cup instead of a little MORE than a cup at a time? Am I ALMOST There...but should maybe get a little more to hit the real one..or should I just accept this as the right amount and be happy with what I have now?

I'm thinking that I could have REALLY good success (even more than now) with a little more....but I also am scared of what if it pushes me over the edge and now I"m overfilled and having to unfill and start all over again trying to find it? I'm thinking that it's not necessarily as easy as just going back to the exact same amount I have now if I miss the mark next time?

What do you guys think?

See how you feel with this fill. Give yourself a week or so and see how long you stay satisfied. This reminds me of another girl on another forum who said she got "greedy" with her fills and ended up having to have not only an unfill, but a slip that led to her needing a whole new band.

Now! I'm not saying that you'll even experience that, but give yourself time and see how it goes. It does go to show that sometimes people take their fills a little bit too far. If you think an extra .2 or .5cc may help, go for it, but only after you've given this fill a chance.

Good luck and here's to hoping you've reached your spot!

That's one of the same threads I think I read too and what scares me about overdoing it! I do think that I probably need to give it a little more time...but oh how wonderful it would be to finally not feeling like I went through surgery only to feel on my own anyway. I really hope this is it although I think that we all probably feel like well if THIS is good....maybe just a LITTLE more will work even better...

Maybe I should stop being greedy ha!

That's one of the same threads I think I read too and what scares me about overdoing it! I do think that I probably need to give it a little more time...but oh how wonderful it would be to finally not feeling like I went through surgery only to feel on my own anyway. I really hope this is it although I think that we all probably feel like well if THIS is good....maybe just a LITTLE more will work even better...

Maybe I should stop being greedy ha!

How is it going? I was too full after my 2nd fill.... but I think it was swelling. So now I'm doing tiny fills every 3 weeks.... not losing... and SO frustrated. Keep us posted!

How is it going? I was too full after my 2nd fill.... but I think it was swelling. So now I'm doing tiny fills every 3 weeks.... not losing... and SO frustrated. Keep us posted!

I've been doing ok! I don't have as much of the fullness, so I think some of it was swelling. I do realize though that some of it is also me just WANTING to keep eating even though I'm already feeling full. Old habits that you have had for so many years sure are hard to break! My calories were down because I just really couldn't eat a lot, but now that the swelling is down, I am feeling some of the hunger coming back..although it's still a matter of phys hunger vs. head hunger that I have to sort out. I'm still working out a ton and because of that raised my calories up some, but MAN..even with all the working out, I think I REALLY just might be one of those folks that NEED a really low amount of calories to actually see the weight loss. Bummer for me....but I guess the point of all this was to eat less anyway. I'll have to live with it...

I lost some weight since that second fill, but am finding that it's at a stand still again. I'm thinking of going back to doing the liquids for a few days to jump start things again...