Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

dilation/slip

Hi all. Let me give you some background. In July I was having heartburn and reflux so I called the Dr. Went in & had a UGI & it showed a very very small esophageal dilation (stretched pouch). They removed some Fluid and gave me some heartburn meds and said we would do a check-up in Sept to see if it helped (unless symptoms got worse). Well the symptoms didn't get worse, in fact I thought I was getting better (no nightly reflux and less heartburn), so I went for my 2nd UGI in Sept. This time the pouch is HUGE! It is so large they aren't sure if I am that stretched or if the band slipped. They drained my band empty and I go back AGAIN Nov 18th for another UGI to see if draining helped at all or if I need surgery. Don't you get sick with a slip? I never threw up and I could and can still eat. In fact I have had my band 9 months and only ever threw up once or twice and that was way back in the beginning. I am so scared I will lose my band and that I will gain weight back. Have any of you heard of this "fixing" itself? I am a natural worrier and waiting until Nov is KILLING me!!

How are things going for you now? I have a similar but varied story. In Aug- I had wicked heartburn that kept me from sleeping at night. All that went away with drugs and an unfill. Went back for a refill last week having had no issues at all in 3 months. Now they are saying my pouch is draining too slowly without any restriction in my band. I asked about slippage, since that seems to be so common, and I was told that wasn't it. And they said my pouch size was fine. I have had no recent vomiting and am not in pain but I am on liquids until I can go for another fluro next week.

Hi all. Let me give you some background. In July I was having heartburn and reflux so I called the Dr. Went in & had a UGI & it showed a very very small esophageal dilation (stretched pouch). They removed some Fluid and gave me some heartburn meds and said we would do a check-up in Sept to see if it helped (unless symptoms got worse). Well the symptoms didn't get worse, in fact I thought I was getting better (no nightly reflux and less heartburn), so I went for my 2nd UGI in Sept. This time the pouch is HUGE! It is so large they aren't sure if I am that stretched or if the band slipped. They drained my band empty and I go back AGAIN Nov 18th for another UGI to see if draining helped at all or if I need surgery. Don't you get sick with a slip? I never threw up and I could and can still eat. In fact I have had my band 9 months and only ever threw up once or twice and that was way back in the beginning. I am so scared I will lose my band and that I will gain weight back. Have any of you heard of this "fixing" itself? I am a natural worrier and waiting until Nov is KILLING me!!

How are things going for you now? I have a similar but varied story. In Aug- I had wicked heartburn that kept me from sleeping at night. All that went away with drugs and an unfill. Went back for a refill last week having had no issues at all in 3 months. Now they are saying my pouch is draining too slowly without any restriction in my band. I asked about slippage, since that seems to be so common, and I was told that wasn't it. And they said my pouch size was fine. I have had no recent vomiting and am not in pain but I am on liquids until I can go for another fluro next week.

Things are hmmmm ok lol. I went back for a UGI and the pouch was back to normal everything was good (this was about 2 weeks ago). They gave me a 4cc fill that day and said we would go very slowly from then on. Ever since that day I have had chest tightness so I made an appt for ANOTHER UGI for Dec 16th just to make sure all is ok (eating and drinking are going just fine). Well...last night I had IDK what! Some kind of heartburn?? I was in so much back pain that I was in tears and my husband wanted to take me to the ER. I feel fine today (except for the slight chest tightness), but called the Dr anyway. I was told that I could wait until my scheduled appt (unless I wanted to come sooner), but they are worried because there are some people that after a slip/dilation their body never really accepts the restriction of the band again. So I am right back to where I was with the possibility of losing my band again