Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been struggling to lose since day 5 post op. I have been journaling all food/drink calories and exercise. I currently average around 400 calories burned per workout. I am averaging around 800 calories a day. Many people have told me they think my body has gone into starvation mode. I have tried twice now to get in around 1200 calories....and I feel so sick and at one point, had so much pain, I couldn't sleep. To date I don't really have any restriction and my first fill is scheduled Oct 21. I read over and over that most women are averaging around 1200 calories a day with exercise. How do you do that follow the guidelines? My doctor has indicated that I should not be consuming more than a 1/2 cup at a sitting and trying to avoid "snacking between meals". I am still on the mushie stage and am allowed Protein supplements between meals if needed. But my doctor also recommends the protein supplements have less than 4 grams of carbs and 5 grams of fat, which means they are overall low in calories as well. How do you get your calories in???? I am at a loss.

I'm only able to consume around 1000 calories a day most days. I don't think I've ever gone above 1100. I actually have to have Snacks in between meals to get to that point. Other wise, I would be around 800. I wasn't losing weight at 800 calories. I was gaining it. I just make sure that my snack is around 100 calories and has Protein. Every once in a while I will throw in a piece of fruit instead.

You say you don't have restriction, yet you get sick on 1200 calories. That sounds like restriction to me. I would talk things over with your doc. Hope you see that scale move soon!

I rarely get more than 700 calories a day. But I do drink 2 - 4oz servings of Nestle optisource Protein Drink. That helps A LOT!!! Mid morning and mid afternoon.

I only get in 800-900 calories a day, sometimes less. I make sure to get in enough Protein (I do use supplements for this), make wise food choices (so that everything I eat gives a bang for its nutritional buck), and take a good-quality bariatric Multivitamin.

I exercise daily, often twice, and have not had a major stall since banding.

The loss doesn't seem dramatic on a day-by-day basis, but it really does add up.

Go at your own pace the first couple of months you may not be able to get all your calories in... I could not.. however it will come trust okay... smile so be encourgae and know that you will get there take advantage of it while you can ..keep Protein in your body