Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been a lurker more than a poster to this forum...and have decided I want to post more...but I am curious..I was banded on July 19, 2010..I have lost a total of 41 pounds so far. I was wondering how other July bandsters are doing. :thumbup:

I was banded on Sept 13, 2010 and have lost 11 lbs so far, I have to admit that I thought it would come off faster. 41 lbs is great. How did you do at first, how much do you usually lose each week? Do you ever "cheat" and I mean like eat chocolate or ice cream? just curious. I had some chocolate today...and right now ice cream is the only thing that satisfies. I am still on the mushy stage.< /p>

Hi I was banded on July 15th. So I am almost three months out also. I have had three fills and I am hoovering around 32 lbs lost. Your 40+ is awesome. Congrats. keep up the good work

Hi there! I was banded July 8th - 3 months ago today. I have had 2 fills and I'm at my sweet spot. I have lost 41 lbs as well :biggrin:. I'm very happy with my decision to get the band!

Edited by pollywogg

I was banded on Sept 13, 2010 and have lost 11 lbs so far, I have to admit that I thought it would come off faster. 41 lbs is great. How did you do at first, how much do you usually lose each week? Do you ever "cheat" and I mean like eat chocolate or ice cream? just curious. I had some chocolate today...and right now ice cream is the only thing that satisfies. I am still on the mushy stage.

I do cheat once in a while...not much though, but a couple of times I have stolen a couple M&M's from my little one, and oh they tasted to so good...LOL...but I do pretty good..I could do better though..I havent really paid to much attention to weekly weights...I weigh about every 10-15 days I guess...never really been a scale hopper...I like to see big results, a pound here or there is hard for me to see..like it when I can see 5-8 gone. Works for me. Stay strong and it will come off! Some lose it faster than others..atleast that what I see by reading here.:biggrin:

Hi there! I was banded July 8th - 3 months ago today. I have had 2 fills and I'm at my sweet spot. I have lost 41 lbs as well :thumbup:. I'm very happy with my decision to get the band!

VERY COOL! :biggrin: I have only had 1 fill so far...but due for another one in the next week or so...I am glad to hear you are at your sweet spot...what are you eating??

Hi I was banded on July 15th. So I am almost three months out also. I have had three fills and I am hoovering around 32 lbs lost. Your 40+ is awesome. Congrats. keep up the good work

3 fills so far??? WOW...well great that 32 has come off!!:biggrin: as long as I see my weight coming down..I am happy!! LOL

I was banded on July 15 and so far only 27 pounds:( I didnt have but a couple of days of liquid diet prior to surgery.I'm kind of bumbed.I work out 4 times a week and I seem to stay in the same spot on the scale.Let me knw your secret.Oh yeah I had 3 fills already.:biggrin:

My surgery was 7/21 and as of this morning I have lost 54.8. First fill 9/2. Second fill was 10/7. I'm very happy with my band.:)

I am a JULY bandster.

My weight is listed below. I have lost 24-26 lbs but it has been a struggle.

1st fill results were nothing - bread began to be somewhat of issue but I could eat easily.

The 2nd fill brought to light the perils of eating too fast and the need to chew my food about 36 times.

The psychological yo-yo for me has been after about 12 days after my second fill it seems to have loosened up. I go from feeling like I am pushing the envelope in my eating (guilt/failure), it is easier. However, if I eat to fast or do not chew the band will let me know (so it is working?).

My therapist told me to give myself a break and allow myself, mental and body, to adjust to the band. I know she is right but I am scared of failure and I know how much I still love food and sweets.

I even gained back to 280 after the first fill and came down to 272 after the second fill. BUT the scale was a little higher today 274.

I am on an emotional rollercoaster and I am scared I will not succeed with the band and wonder if I should have had a more aggressive surgery?

I knew I had issues with food before surgery but I also had health problems. I was aware it would still be work and challenging. However, since the surgery it is like both the volume and brightness was turned up on my food issues. They are more in my face than ever. I am trying to read Women Food and God by Geneen Roth and do the workbook but it is slow going.:)

Hey polly and lovin,

I was wondering, around what calorie level are you eatting? I struggle between 1000-1300. The dr want me to eat around 800-1000. Any advice. I was wondering if you would share a day of what you eat.

Like I said I have had three fills. I am not sure how much I got on the third. They had alot of trouble getting the needle in (flipping port). I lost 3-5 lbs last week then got a steriod shot and gained like 6 I am so mad. Think I should go to Protein Shakes?

Jdulac

I am a July bandster. I was banded on 7/22. Congrats on those 41 pounds!! I have only lost 24 pounds. 15 of them being post op. I have been struggling with my addiction to food. Surprisingly I didn't realize that I had an obession with food until after I was banded. I have a problem eating 3 meals a day and drinking enough fluids. I have to force myself to eat Breakfast and most of the time I lose and don't eat until around noon, then dinner around 6 and a snack around 8. With this, I have a problem getting all of my 60 grams of Protein and 64 oz of Water. I dont have any health problems outside of the fact that I am still obese. I try to exercise at least 4 times a week and I have been at the same weight for 2 weeks now but I go to get my 3rd fill on Wednesday the 13th and am hoping that this will help. I am afraid that I will never get to my goal. I try to make small goals for myself and I have a hard time even coming close to reaching them. I hope that everyone is doing great! Keep up the good work lovinmyband!

My surgery was 7/21 and as of this morning I have lost 54.8. First fill 9/2. Second fill was 10/7. I'm very happy with my band.:puke:

WOW WEE!! Impressive!! How are you doing it??:):thumbup:

Hey July Bandsters! I was banded on July 30th and have lost 34lbs since. I didnt have to do a pre op diet but now I wish I would have to give me an even better jump start. Iv been struggling for a few weeks though in bandster hell..feel like Im doing this on my own most of the time but Iv been doing weight watchers and joined the gym a couple weeks ago and the weight loss is slow but still losing..I have only had one fill which was 4 weeks ago. that did nothing. My 2nd fill is oct 19th and I really hope I have more restriction. my dr only allows fills every 6 weeks which sucks!!! Im selfpay to anxious to get a return on my investment! Good luck to all and its nice to check in on july bandsters every so often!!

Hey ya'll....I really try not to focus on the band. I try to just go on with life and change my lifestyle. I stop eating when I feel that full feeling no matter how much food has gone in. Sometimes I almost feel like I have way over eaten, and sometimes I wonder if I ate enough..but either way. I am full and the food has done what it needed for my body. For me if I focus on all sorts of stuff I will get stressed and then worry about what I am doing wrong or right or how to tweak it. So, I just go woth the flow. I also dont weigh all the time...to frustrating to me...I eat regular stuff...stay away from rice, bread and Pasta all together...my bariatric coodinator says those are big no no's. I eat everything normal, just in small servings now. I do need to bring my Protein intake up some I think...I am also supposed be on 110 calorie diet...not sure if I get all that in...I drink a lot of Water and there is just not enough room for so much food. But I feel good...thew weight is coming off and that makes me feel even better..:puke: