Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tommorrow is the big Surgery DAY!!!

Well Folks....my time has finallly arrived. Beeen waiting on this for months and months.This liquid diet has been rough at times...ive went from 232 to 222 ... fell off the wagon a few times..lol. I am Terrified of the anesthesia...not at all of the pain afterwards. I hope everything goes well...I would love some words of encouragement..im geting sick to my stomach thinking about it. BUT so EXCITED AND THANKFUL YES!!!

I've been getting a scopalamine patch before my surgeries lately. It gets rid of the usual nausea and vomiting I get after surgery.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes!

Good luck! You will be ok, just remember to breathe :)

I just got banded on Friday... and I'm feeling better each day! It was my first surgery and I was nervous.. but everything turned out just FINE. Just relax and take each moment at a time.. the next 24 hrs will fly by!! Also we have our age and good health on our side.. I also had a lower BMI of 35 and no health risks.. but remember you chose your Dr. for a reason and that there's a reason why you trust him. In the last couple of days, heating pads have been my biggest relief for my shoulders and stomach(fyi). Good luck and God bless!

Edited by soulsista001

I am so excited for you and I wish you the best! My surgery date is October 19th. Be sure to let us know how it goes.:)

Hey! How excited. I understand the pre-surgery jitters...I'm right behind you, getting banded on Wednesday. Just remember why you're doing this and you will calm down.

Tons of luck to you and I hope you have a speedy recovery!!

Well Folks....my time has finallly arrived. Beeen waiting on this for months and months.This liquid diet has been rough at times...ive went from 232 to 222 ... fell off the wagon a few times..lol. I am Terrified of the anesthesia...not at all of the pain afterwards. I hope everything goes well...I would love some words of encouragement..im geting sick to my stomach thinking about it. BUT so EXCITED AND THANKFUL YES!!!

Me too! I have to be at the hospital at 6 am. Trying to chill out but wish it was over already. Take care and good luck! :)

Good luck it will be over be for you know it.. I go in the am as well so I can understand but in less than 24 hours this part of the Journey will be over and the next will have begun..

Best of luck

Bill

Good luck tomorrow! That is so exciting :). I am being banded next week, and I can't believe it's almost here. Best wishes!

:thumbup:MY BIG IS OCT19 2010:smile2: GOOD LUCK TOO U......

OMG! Im in tears right now reading all these posts from you guys! THe support here is unreal. I am so happy for all of you that are on this journey! I just cant believe the day is finally here. Hopefully tommorrow i will be able to post how i am doing...I really hope and pray all goes well. Good luck to all...you guys are awesome!

OMG! Im in tears right now reading all these posts from you guys! THe support here is unreal. I am so happy for all of you that are on this journey! I just cant believe the day is finally here. Hopefully tommorrow i will be able to post how i am doing...I really hope and pray all goes well. Good luck to all...you guys are awesome!

Your day is here!! What excitement!! Keep us updated! Praying for your comfort.

Good luck it will be over be for you know it.. I go in the am as well so I can understand but in less than 24 hours this part of the Journey will be over and the next will have begun..

Best of luck

Bill

Hope everything went well! Thinking of you and the rest of us who were banded today! Take care ---and tell us how you're doing when you have time. :thumbdown:

Hey all!!! Well i am officially "A BANDSTER"!!!!! Sooo excited. Surgery went as good as could be expected today. I think i was so nervous about the anesthesia that I forgot to really think about the pain afterwards. IT is nothing unbearable...Im lucky that i dont have the shoulder pain that alot do. It isnt too bad at all because i had my husband move a recliner in my bedroom and it is where i shall sleep tonight...as i cannot lay in the bed. Getting up and down..to pee...etc...is very difficult (The port site) ...so im taking that very very slowly . Some gas soreness in under ribs...so cant breathe really deeply but its not that bad. I am so happy its over and so happy and so THANKFUL to be on the otherside of this finally. Such a trip to get this far ...and now the journey finally begins!!!! And I am ready for it!!!!!! Love all you guys!!!

:thumbup: I'm so happy that everything went well for you. Keep us posted on your progress. I'm getting banded on October 19th. I am scared and excited - such an emotional rollercoaster.