Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters!

:smile2:Hey everyone! I was banded on the 9th of September!! I am new to this blog/forum thing too...so I dont really know what I am doing! haha.

I started the "mushy" food stage today and it is going ok...feeling a little hungry so far, but I am pretty sure that is because I am not getting in my Protein. Anyone have any easy ideas on how to get all your needed Protein in?!

One more thing....How do I get one of those ticker things that tracks your weight loss?

I bought some whey Protein powder to put in my smoothies and I mix it with sugar-free kool-aid like frunt punch, orange, cherry, etc. and since I use the vanilla flavor it tastes like a Dreamsicle! I also add some fruit also, to give me some of the added fruit flavors like a banana or strawberries, blend and YUMMY! I bought the whey Protein Powder at wal-mart for like $15.00 for a 2lb container. Body Fortress is the brand.:biggrin:

Hi everyone!!! I get banded on Monday (9/27) :biggrin:!!!!! Im on liquids now and my mind is playing games with me, I swear! I know I'm not hungry but I can't stop thinking about food :).

I had my post-op check with my doc today and everything is looking great. I am now allowed to go to the gym for cardio ( we get a 3 months free membership to a great place in town!)

I started on mushhhhiiiiieeeessss and enjoy it very much! Even though I did not get a fill yet I can feel a restriction if I eat more then 1/2 cup...so good news for me! Still taking Protein Shakes to get all my Protein in! No more pains at allllllllllllllllllllllllllll! Scheduled for my first fill in 2 weeks!

I am also trying to weigh only once a week...it's hard!

Good luck to everyone!

Greetings from NC!

Banded on 9/20 and doing better each day. Until today, even Clear Liquids were difficult. I find that mid day I can get cream Soups and yogurt down, but morning and evening I start to feel restriction even with Water. I am constantly sipping on water all day to attempt to stay hydrated. The gas pains were so much more than I ever remember with any other surgery, and that has been the most difficult part, but I just keep walking :lol: Prior to surgery I was doing about 45 minutes of cardio on the elliptical, and worried that the lack of exercise will lead to a weight gain, but I am sticking with the doctors orders. I am very excited to continue this journey!

Hi! I am having surgery on September 29th. I can't wait! I am getting used to the liquid diet but find the weekends the hardest. I have lost about 10 lbs this week on the liquid diet so that makes me happy. I am down 18 pounds since i started this process in July. So glad to find this web site and virtual support group.

Christine

Hi :biggrin: I was banded 9/22. Surgery went great with really no gas pain afterwards. I had a sore abdomen mostly and pain in my incisions, but minimal. Hunger pains hit me yesterday afternoon, but I made it through. I need to get my Protein shakes in, I know that would help greatly!

Congrats to everyone on their new band or upcoming surgery! :crying:

I was banded on 9/22/10. I was on the liver shrinking diet for 1 week befrore. I lost 12 pounds in that time but post surgery I've gained. I'm bloated, is that normal?

Hey being banded Tuesday! In a total panic. My husband is going on the 7th of October.

Hi ya'll! I'm brand new to this, but excited to chat with other September Bandsters! I was banded 9/21, still experiencing pain at the port site, all my other incisions are fine. Still have some gas pressure at my shoulders.

Is anybody else getting this clinching feeling in your stomach when you go from sitting to standing?

Also, the muscles around my port site feel like they are moving by themselves sometimes- I know they are healing and such, but is that normal? It feels like someone is poking me!

I'm excited to start mushy foods tomorrow! I am so over this liquid diet!

I am getting banded on 9/27 also. I'm actually not as nervous as I thought I would be. Being able to read about other patients' experiences and the advice they give has helped me feel even more comfortable about my decision to have lap-band surgery.

Hey guys, glad to see a September group! I was banded on the 16th. On the mushy phase now which isn't so bad, having some emotional issues right now but I will get through them too!

I was banded on 9/21...Still a little sore. Not felt hungry yet, but have had low blood sugars, so I have had apple juice to bring it back up. On full liquids right now...get to move to mushy foods in another week..Did slip a bite of my husbands mashed potato's last night with no problems...of course I thinned them down with a little of my Tomato Soup.< /p>

I was banded on the 14th and felt exactley the same way but it does pass and I feel much better.

I was banded on September 24. I am in horrible pain. Lost 5 pounds in the hospital. Crushed pills are the worst! Trying to stay positive

HI all,

I was banded on Sept. 7 and have lost a total of 22 lbs. (8.5) was pre surgery. I really haven't lost anything for the last week. Has this happened with anyone else. I don't get my first fill until October 18th but I feel hungry all the time and seem to be able to eat what I want:frown:

Edited by Sunnyerin
added ticker again