Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So what's for dinner??

So what's for dinner tonight? We are having burgers on the grill. They want french fries and I will have broccoli salad. So what is everyone else having?

So what's for dinner tonight? We are having burgers on the grill. They want french fries and I will have broccoli salad. So what is everyone else having?

Is it the broccoli salad type with bacon bits in it an nuts?? If so can you post the recipe....:thumbup:

04948749-FFAB-E84C-90A7-1D94AFDDA05E

Alot of times I don't even measure when I make this. It's sorta by site and taste for me. I don't like alot of dressing. And I just make what I need at that time because if it's there I might want to eat more then I should lol.

Broccoli salad

Ingredients:

• 2 large bunches raw broccoli, cut into flowerets sometimes i will also use cauliflower
  • 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 1 c. grated Cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 sweet onion, finely chopped
  • 1/4 c. splenda
  • 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
  • 1 c. Mayonnaise, FF, lite, reg, whatever your preference. can also sub yogurt

Directions:

• Mix mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar together.
  • Add onion, bacon and cheese.< br />
  • Pour over broccoli in a bowl. Stir until broccoli is lightly coated.
  • Chill for a few hours, or overnight.

Making chicken in the crockpot with breadcrumbs and then my favorite marinara sauce on top. And some lowfat shredded cheese on top.

spaghetti , homemade spaghetti sauce , grew the tomatoes and all,lol real parmesan cheese grated on top. I know noodles are bad but hey sometimes you just gotta say......u know

Just had 1cc put in my band, taking me to 7cc and I'm not feeling any pain...I mean hunger. So I'm having a bowl of homemade lentil Soup and *maybe* a small slice of homemade french bread.< /p>

Amazed that you can eat raw broccolli. I can only eat it really soft. Mind you I don't think I would want to eat it raw!

I had slow cooked beef in red wine casserole with mashed potatoes, all cooked by hubby cos I worked today.

broccoli doesn't bother me but give me cole slaw and man oh man i'm hurtin!! the only beef i can eat is ground beef. weird i know lol

I made Shelly's Chorizo Casserole from this blog site.

theworldaccordingtoeggface I have found a lot of great recipes from her. It was really easy to make and delish! I added a little cheader cheese to the top. It is high in Protein with the chicken Chorizo and Beans.< /p>

Making chicken in the crockpot with breadcrumbs and then my favorite marinara sauce on top. And some lowfat shredded cheese on top.

I love, love, love, crockpot meals! This sounds like a good one, do you mind posting a recipe?

Tacos

ground turkey, FF cheese, lettuce, Tomato, etc....

Looking forward to it...

mine has changed 3 times today lol. was to be crock pot lemon roasted chicken and i realized i forgot the chicken at the store. so i put in a pork roast. well that puppy is taking ALOT longer then i thought it would so i have (it was frozen) dinner for tomorrow now. but dinner tonight is baked cod, kiddos are having baked boneless skinless chicken breasts and twiced baked taters.

2- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts halves

1/2 c bread crumbs

1/4 parmesan cheese

1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning

1 teaspoon black pepper

1 Tablespoon olive oil (or I use pam)

1 beaten egg(I use egg beaters)

sliced lowfat mozzarella cheese(i used american slices)

favorite jar marinara sauce

Directions--

--Spread the 1 T of olive oil into the bottom of your crockpot

--whip the egg with the fork in a seperate bowl

Serve with your favorite Pasta for family. I just ate it without Pasta.< /span>

--mix the bread crumbs with the seasonings and the parmesan cheese in another seperate dish

--dip the chicken into the egg- coating both sides and then into the bread crumb mix coating both sides as well

--place the chicken breast in the bottom of the crockpot

--layer 2 -3 slices of mozzarella cheese on top

--cover with entire jar of marinara sauce

--close lid and cook on low for 6-7 hrs or high for 3-4-if your chicken is frozen it will take longer

Seve with your favorite pasta. I used penne pasta. enjoy!

Edited by marie8-2010
needed more information