Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2010 Bandsters!!

I am getting banded Oct. 15th and I am terrified now! I was so ready but I'm so nervous. I have no tolerance for pain and I am already a finicky eater. I want this so bad & just try to keep in mind the end results.

Congrats! What is a fluroscope? I'm getting banded on the 15th and I'm terrified now!!!!

My Dr & Nurse said to double the adult dosage. So if it says one it would be two. Good Luck!!!!

Surgery date is this Thursday 10-7-2010, am now on the 2 days of all clear liquid. This seems to be the toughest so far out of the 2 weeks with all liquid. Anxiety filled not with the surgery but success....all kinds of crazy thoughts.:thumbdown:

OK....so here I am on day 3 of my pre-surgery diet. I'm sooooo excited for Tuesday, the 5th. I'm wondering something, though....has anyone had a moment of feeling a bit panicked over what its going to be like to be thin? I've been heavy for so long and food has been such a crutch and big part of my life, that I have no idea what that's going to be like. Believe me, I'm not scared of it....bring it on!! But just the idea of losing this weight, once and for all, is overwhelmingly exciting. I don't know...call it a thought for the day...hahahahahaha!!!

Good luck to all of us Boo-tiful October bandsters!!

Are you kidding?!? I have stressed about this for months! I never realized how much I use food for everything and how freaked out I would be just thinking about becoming thinner. Who would I be? I know that sounds dumb but seriously when you see yourself as one thing - even if you want to change for your health - it can be terrifying. I am scared and excited at the same time. I think it's ok to be both. :thumbdown: Hope things go well with your surgery!

I will be banded this time tomorrow and its weird. Im not anxious in the least bit. In fact Im so relaxed, Im accusing my parents for slipping some Xanex in my Gatorade :thumbdown:

Good luck to everyone getting banded this week! I have you all in my thoughts and prayers as you recover. My date is quickly approaching and I am currently going through the lovely clear liquid diet until Monday.

The nerves are starting to set in! :]

Good luck October bandsters! :thumbdown:

Day 5 post op for me. I feel so much better today. I'm down 10lbs since surgery. No regrets at all here! Good luck everyone

OK did anyone else screw up bad on their pre-op? I have done 15 days perfectly and last night I started thinking about the things I would never likely have to eat again and panicked and went on a binge, a chocolate bar a bag of swedish berries 3 handfuls of cashews and 2 slices of rye bread with butter. As I type this I can't believe I did it. I still have 6 days until surgery to undo the damage but seriously how could I get this close. I am definitely going to get counselling for food addiction when this is over.

Day 5 post op for me. I feel so much better today. I'm down 10lbs since surgery. No regrets at all here! Good luck everyone

Congratulations you are doing great! I can't wait until I can say I'm down 10 lbs more. Glad to hear it's not a super long recovery.

Surgery is over!! I'm banded....I think! I'm doing so well that I'm not sure they did anything other than cut me 5 times and then stitch 'em up! lol Seriously, surgery went smoothly. The gas is really moving today and my incisions are tender, but I'm in very little pain. I'm not going to get on the scale for awhile, because I know that this month is not about weight loss. I hope recovery keeps going as well as it started.

My only problem right now is the Vitamins that I have. I bought them from my dr (the bariatric kind) and I hate them. I almost gagged and I want to avoid throwing up at all costs. Any suggestions? I know I need them, but I can't eat one more of those.

Good luck to all you that are waiting for your surgery. Not much longer and we'll all be on the post-surgery side! woo-hoo!! :thumbdown:

Well got my band yesterday.. Glad it is over.. Tender today just taking sips fell a bit of restriction as I am over 300lbs which usually gets the bigger of the 2 bands but my surgeon was able to get the smaller one on. Also I had a Hiatal hernia which got repaired. I knew nothing about that but glad it is done. Now to all those who hate that pre-op diet, and I was one of them, I had fatty liver pre-op but that diet made my liver so much easier for my surgeon and safer for me. SHe said that there was hardly a trace so it was worth it. To all my fellow October Bandsters Keep you chin high YOU CAN DO IT :thumbdown:

Thank you! Looking forward to updating all of you. Went for pre opt today took 4 1/2 hrs. Seminar and lots of information passed onto to the group having surgery. Then off to the hospital for admitting. Now tomorrow is another big step!!!

Well, I am officially banded! Surgery was yesterday morning, and I spent last night in the hospital.

I'm home now, and am pretty sore in the surgical area, as well as swollen. I get a sharp pain when I try to breathe deeply, but most likely, it is gas.

I was allowed Clear Liquids and yogurt today, and also Carnation Instant Breakfast, as much as I wanted. However, I have not been hungry at ALL yesterday or today. What a change from the pre-op diet! Today I had c up of apple juice and a Carnation just for the Protein, but I felt like I had to force it down.

I've been taking liquid Precocet for pain, and using heat and ice, and resting a lot.

Here's hoping each day is a little better than the last.

Good luck again on all your upcoming surgeries!

I finally got my date today!! Woohoo! Feel like I have been waiting forever. October 18th they offered me the 5th but b/c of my work schedule I could not do it :thumbup: I feel so much better though that I have a date and can now make plans, with time off work etc...

Who else is getting banded in October? I think it will be nice to have others to compare feelings and stories with, as we are going through this.

Good Luck to everyone! New Chapter here I come :thumbup:

My band surgery date is October 25th. I am excited and so ready to do this but have to admit a little nervous.

Edited by Pattypwk
not lap-band brand will be realize band