Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2010 Bandsters!!

Day 3 post-op for me. Started mushy foods yesterday. Each day gets a little better. I have one incison that is still really sore and makes it still hard to sleep in the bed so I'm staying in the recliner at night. Eating diluted creme Soups and pureed veggies and having no problems. I feel I'm over the worst and on my way to a healthy body. Down 8lbs since surgery.

OK....so here I am on day 3 of my pre-surgery diet. I'm sooooo excited for Tuesday, the 5th. I'm wondering something, though....has anyone had a moment of feeling a bit panicked over what its going to be like to be thin? I've been heavy for so long and food has been such a crutch and big part of my life, that I have no idea what that's going to be like. Believe me, I'm not scared of it....bring it on!! But just the idea of losing this weight, once and for all, is overwhelmingly exciting. I don't know...call it a thought for the day...hahahahahaha!!!

Good luck to all of us Boo-tiful October bandsters!!

HI - my friend had gastric bypass about two months ago and I asked her yesterday what was the hardest part with food and she told me that the liquid phase is easy bc basically that's all you can handle..it got hard for her when she introduced solid foods. Thats' when she had to bite the bullet and start making smart choices etc.

Stupid Vitamin question --

I can't take my Centrum Women's Multivitamin for a while after the surgery - they are just too huge (as it is they get stuck in my throat occasionally now), even if I break in half, they're still big but doable... but to be on the EXTREME safe side I'm switching to all chewable Vitamins for the first 30 days or so (except Iron, it's tiny - i have Gummy Bcomplex, Calcium and got Flinstones Complete)

So, here's the question - most people and one page in my Pre-Op info booklet says TWO Flinstones Vitamins but the bottle says for adults (and kids over 4) to take one whole vitamin... i know it won't hurt to do 2, but don't want to overdo it if I dont have to... anyone know?????

They sell chewable Centrum viatmins..try those maybe?

I just realized that I haven't even thought about what to wear coming home from surgery! Someone posted to wear loose clothing. Like what? I don't want to wear a nightgown, all my pants will most likely irritate the incisions. What's everyone else wearing? Also, I have an hour drive home.

I am wearing some lose jogging pants and a big t shirt for the ride home. I already have a pillow in the car.

When I had my hysterectomy, the pillow helped with my walking too. I would hold it against my stomach when I walked.

----------------------------------

Started day 1 of my liquid diet today. Not bad so far, but I can smell my office coworkers heating up their lunches as I type. I may have to go outside while they eat so I don't smell it all lol.

Good luck Boo Babies!

Good luck to you today lil dog!!

Well I am OFFICIALY banded!! I was just thinking I can't believe that part is over and done with and now my whole life will change. I checked in at 7am and was out by 1:30. The nurses were great and very thorough and I met with the doc one more time and ( I suggest writing these down) asked him any last questions. Next thing I know, I was being wheeled in the OR and luckily I didn't have my contacts or glasses on bc that could of been a lil overwhelming to see all the instruments etc. They put oxygen on my face and then I woke up crying and in pain and I was in the recovery room. I had already been in there 30 mins and I rolled over onto my left side( to relieve the gas) and they gave me some meds and I started to feel a lil better.. I was in there prob another 30 mins and went back to the other room. I got up, went to the bathroom, and next thing I know leaving the hospital =)

Throughout the rest of the day the pain in my shoulders and upper stomach was really bad. It feels like needles going in. With the pain meds I've been taking 1/2 of one every 2 hrs and I took whole ones every 4 hrs when I slept which was great! I’ve been sleeping through the whole night! Also, a heating pad on my shoulders and stomach is a huge relief! Today, the pain in my shoulders is still there but my stomach is feeling a lot less tender. I’ve already at a bowel movement which is a great thing and I’ve been able to keep my fluids and shakes down. However, remember to drink slooow.. I wasn’t at first and got really nauseous. Good luck and keep up the good work with your pre op diets!!

Hope this helps in what to look expect.. and again my BMI is 35 and I’m at 202... thx for the support and prayers!!

Puppy- I would wear draw string pants or something with an elastic band.. flip flops.. sports bra.. lose t shirt.. and bring a zip up sweatshirt.. and also you'll prob want to sleep in the outfit etc bc you most likely won't want to change.. so breathable fabrics =)

My surgery is TOMORROW!!!

I'm excited, but today's been a bit hard because I'm getting nervous. Problem is, I know too much!! I have performed surgery (although not banding), and what happens in the body is quite traumatic, despite there being only small incisions.

Then, I also got freaked out over, "What if I die on the table? Should I even be risking leaving my sons motherless just so I can be thin?"

I know I won't die from a LapBand, and I'm not trying to scare anyone. I'm just really nervous today...

I'm excited, but today's been a bit hard because I'm getting nervous. Problem is, I know too much!! I have performed surgery (although not banding), and what happens in the body is quite traumatic, despite there being only small incisions.

Then, I also got freaked out over, "What if I die on the table? Should I even be risking leaving my sons motherless just so I can be thin?"

I know I won't die from a LapBand, and I'm not trying to scare anyone. I'm just really nervous today...

Good Luck tomorrow, I think being in the healthcare field makes it so much more difficult. I will be praying for you tomorrow! My day is Friday...and I find myself in panic mode...then peaceful...really up and down! Looking forward to hearing about your success!

good luck, my surgery is 27th - let me know how you go, every day write how you're feeling and what you're eating/drinking..... amazed1

Hey Boston! I know how you feel..getting banded on Wednesday..I keep asking myself "ok are you ready? are you ACTUALLY ready?" I'm freaking myself out, makes no sense. Be sure to write about your surgery day and how you're doing.

TONS of luck to you! We'll be praying for your speedy recovery!

I know I won't die from a LAP-BAND®®, and I'm not trying to scare anyone. I'm just really nervous today...

Oh my goodness, I swear I just said those exact same words yesterday "what if something happens to me and I leave my two boys without a mother all because I want to lose weight"! I am also in health care and I swear sometimes I hate the info I know. I am very emotional right now, one minute I'm very excited and the next I'm freaking out. My surgery is Wednesday. I just need to calm down. I know everything will be fine, but I still just can't help getting the jitters. This is totally normal, right?

Two more days to go! Morning of the 6th I will be banded! I am going to miss my coffee for a while...I think i might cheat tonight and have some icecream for old times sake...just one last time.....:)

weight.png

I also get banded on Wed. Getting nervous but staying as calm as I can. I am thinking of the first day home and how I will be eating. Instructions say have something (liquid) every hour. Will anyone else be doing the same?

Hey Boston! I know how you feel..getting banded on Wednesday..I keep asking myself "ok are you ready? are you ACTUALLY ready?" I'm freaking myself out, makes no sense. Be sure to write about your surgery day and how you're doing.

TONS of luck to you! We'll be praying for your speedy recovery!

Will be praying for you...I am having my Realize Band on Fridaynervous...freaking out a bit...but so ready...I will be praying for you.

Never heard of public waiting list, what country are you in?

:D 2 years is a long time to wait, congrats!

I'm in Australia. The public waiting list is for people that can't afford the operation and don't have health insurance. I know 2 yrs is a long wait, but there are alot of people like me that event though we work just can't afford the money out of our own pocket, so we go on the public waiting list and it is paid for by the Government (well out taxes really)

I have taken a bit longer than some as I don't have any heath issues apart from being over weight (blood work comes back perfect as does blood preasure and ecg) so just the waiting game.

But I'm nearly at the end of the wait :)