Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Been in a bad mood since getting banded????

Has anyone else experienced a mood change since getting banded? I am not sure what is going on with me but I seem to have very little patience with anything and have been quick to get angry with other people. I have not yet gone to a support group meeting at the dr office...Maybe I am just feeling alone in my journey. :thumbup:

I had my surgery on 07-06-10 and my first fill a couple weeks ago.

Anyone else have a change of some kind????:)

After all of my surgeries I was never in the best mood. That is one of the reasons why I didn't want anyone around after my surgeries.

I find my temper is short and I get annoyed really easily. This only lasts for a few days and I think had something to do with the meds I take after the surgery.

I hope you can find the support you need on here. This is really a great website.

Good luck!

Has anyone else experienced a mood change since getting banded? I am not sure what is going on with me but I seem to have very little patience with anything and have been quick to get angry with other people. I have not yet gone to a support group meeting at the dr office...Maybe I am just feeling alone in my journey. :(

I had my surgery on 07-06-10 and my first fill a couple weeks ago.

Anyone else have a change of some kind????:biggrin:

You're not alone.... but I keep thinking it's post-op/no good comfort food... and then PMS.... then adding exercise :mad2:.. and now I've only lost 10 pounds and I'm hungry and I am afraid I wasted 15K and I'm too weak to do this... and back to PMS again. *and I live with two teenage boys and a very fit husband. But yes, in general, I am moody. I hope you and I are both feeling nicer soon? Having my instant comfort taken away is difficult... and I stopped smoking a month pre-op also... so everything is gone. :scared2: :thumbup: *really mixed emotions. LOL

Your mourning the loss of your previous lifestyle. Even though you gave it up voluntarily, you still have to readjust your brain. Change is scary.

Don't worry, soon you will feel physically better too, the toxins from bad foods will leave your body, your new foods will start nourishing your body in a way that hasn't happened for a long time, exercise will be helping flush bad stuff out and you will feel lighter, fresher and younger than you have in years. Then you wont even remember this period of doubt. It gets better I promise.

Your never alone, there are thousands of people who are going through or have gone through the same things here, no matter what you post, someone else has done it, ate it, or PB'd it. :biggrin:

Your mourning the loss of your previous lifestyle. Even though you gave it up voluntarily, you still have to readjust your brain. Change is scary.

Don't worry, soon you will feel physically better too, the toxins from bad foods will leave your body, your new foods will start nourishing your body in a way that hasn't happened for a long time, exercise will be helping flush bad stuff out and you will feel lighter, fresher and younger than you have in years. Then you wont even remember this period of doubt. It gets better I promise.

Your never alone, there are thousands of people who are going through or have gone through the same things here, no matter what you post, someone else has done it, ate it, or PB'd it. :biggrin:

Thanks for the heads up. Never thought about mourning the loss of lifestyle. I think you are right and because I am now aware that it might happen I will be on the lookout for it realize that it will pass in time.

When I was first banded I used to get really mad really easy, I remember a co worker who got tired of me fussin she yelled out "Somebody get her a sandwich!!" I had to crack-up it was then I realized that food had been my life and I lost my friend, it was awhile before I got better but I did when I started feeling better losing weight.:biggrin:

This is a great blog and great comments. Your not alone I was banded Aug 24th and just recently have been in a bad mood. I have 2 little girls age 3 and 7 and I am becoming short with them and have no patience. I also have a fit husband who is getting on my nerves at times. I went off the deep end when I could not find my girls box that I keep barrettes and ponytail holders in and I feel bad mainly because I took it out on hubby. I'll have a better day tomorrow. Found the box (the little one hid it) LOL. But it's those little things that can make you lose it among everything else I've been through this past week and a half. Well it feels good to write about it and I sure the mood will get better. Thanks for this blog.

I'm sorry to hear this and hope you start to turn around soon.

I am the opposite. I was miserable and hopeless before my surgery but since I've been banded on 8/16 I have hope that I won't have to die obese with a stroke or heart attack.

I feel better mentally. I have not had the peace at home that I thought I would have because of illness in the family and having to have houseguests at the most inopportune time but I made up my mind to not have an attitude so I wouldn't have tension in my house and it has been good.

I've lost 19 lbs since being banded and I feel so much better. I still have about 90 lbs to lose but I feel so much more confident and like I'm ready to just do this and reach goal.

It is so great to hear from all the people going through these emotions too. I am better since I first did the post - It is really comforting to know I am not alone - We are in this together... :biggrin:

oh yeah... same here !

First 3 weeks was a nightmare... the smallest things started annoying me, then I'd cry, then I'd get apathetic... who knew what was going on !!

Luckily everyone I know, knew about the surgery so they were all super understanding.

4th week that was gone thank goodness!!

Rach.

My boyfriend got his lap band surgery in December and yeah...he gets into really bad moods and any little thing sets him off. He's noticed it too, and the people at his work have comment on it as well.

Your never alone, there are thousands of people who are going through or have gone through the same things here, no matter what you post, someone else has done it, ate it, or PB'd it. :)

I loved what you said, especially at the end! LOL!