Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Vomit

Day 23 :confused: It finally happened.... horrible pressure, panic, and then vomit. I ate a hamburger and Tomato the night before... just cut, chewed, and went slow... no problem. I had birthday cake... slow, just a little, going great! This morning I was running late, took a big drink of Water and bite of my son's birthday cake..... spent the next 20 minutes jumping (do you think that helps it go down?), freaking out.... and then it came back up! *and I'm dealing with that huge custom cake sitting in the kitchen that I'm afraid to even nibble on. So my "new relationship" with food is now FEAR. :scared2:

Dawn, The same thing happened to me last week. I had a couple bites of potatoe salad, and I suddenly needed to vomit. I'm sure it'll be a long time till I eat that again.

Finally us July 2010 bandsters have a place of our own.

Im going for my 1st fill tomorrow. Excited & hopefully will feel some restriction. I lost 10 lbs 1st week after surgery but have not weighed myself at home so tomorrow I will see how well I did. Been eathing pretty healthy then of course the weekend b4 dr's appt I have a wedding Sat & family B-day BBQ on Sun. Did pretty good but did eat a cupcake on sat & few cornchips (delish) wth guacamole on sun. Today is a new day :cursing: I am also happy July 2010 bandsters have a home. We can do this together one day at a time. :thumbup:

Yay!!!! I got my 1st fill. I just found out I had 4.5cc put in at surgery & he added a little over 1.5cc today. That puts me just over 6cc in a 10cc band. When I took my sip of Water I felt the difference. So liquids for 2 days then mushie foods 2 days & then SOLID foods which Im quite nervous. Ive lost 19lbs since 1wk b4 surgery & 1lb away from my Labor day challenge. Sooooo very happy :biggrin: Had to share!

Im wondering why you would want the cake if you are trying to lose weight. you are only 23 days post op and able to eat hamburgers allready?

Avoid the cake !!!

I have been really down on myself here lately as well. I have been slacking in the exercise department and I can feel it. I weighed at the gym last night and it said 297.4 which is a pound up from last week...but, still 19 lbs. down from surgery. I know I am eating way more than I should be able to...I have a little less than 3cc's in my 14cc band. My next fill isn't until September 30th! I am going to call tomorrow and see if I can come in sooner for a fill. I don't want to get too off track. Hopefully, the fill will help me out with my Portion Control. I really am trying to make healthier food choices and I do get to the gym at least 2-3 times a week (I work my butt off when I am there)...but, I was walking at least 1 mile everyday and I have quit doing that. So, I have got to get back to it. I was losing so well while I was doing that and since I have not...I feel like such a slob! Guess I am trying to convince myself of what I need to do! LOL...Good luck and hang in there! I'm trying to as well! Also, WTG Isa Bella! You are doing great! =)

Surgery Scheduled: June 28, 2010 ~ 316 lbs.

Banded: July 8, 2010 ~ 308 lbs.

First Fill: August 19, 2010 ~ 298 lbs.

(a little less than 3cc's in 14cc band)

Second Fill Scheduled For: September 30, 2010

I have been really down on myself here lately as well. I have been slacking in the exercise department and I can feel it. I weighed at the gym last night and it said 297.4 which is a pound up from last week...but, still 19 lbs. down from surgery. I know I am eating way more than I should be able to...I have a little less than 3cc's in my 14cc band. My next fill isn't until September 30th! I am going to call tomorrow and see if I can come in sooner for a fill. I don't want to get too off track. Hopefully, the fill will help me out with my Portion Control. I really am trying to make healthier food choices and I do get to the gym at least 2-3 times a week (I work my butt off when I am there)...but, I was walking at least 1 mile everyday and I have quit doing that. So, I have got to get back to it. I was losing so well while I was doing that and since I have not...I feel like such a slob! Guess I am trying to convince myself of what I need to do! LOL...Good luck and hang in there! I'm trying to as well! Also, WTG Isa Bella! You are doing great! =)

Surgery Scheduled: June 28, 2010 ~ 316 lbs.

Banded: July 8, 2010 ~ 308 lbs.

First Fill: August 19, 2010 ~ 298 lbs.

(a little less than 3cc's in 14cc band)

Second Fill Scheduled For: September 30, 2010

Hi Rachel, Glad to hear from you. We all have our moments. I had a wedding & family BBQ this weekend & struggled. Not to bad at the wedding. I did have few sips of wine & bite of cupcake. SUNDAY my sisters makes the best pulled pork with all these yummy sides. I took carrots sticks, celery, jicama & hummus but forgot I even took it. Did not eat too bad but gave in to few chips wth guacamole & baked Beans. I swam most of the day but i felt horrible. I kinda slacked on my exercise this week also. I used to walk my dogs 2miles am & 2miles eve & go swimming 5 times a week. Well....I have not done the eve walks & swam 3 times this week. I need to kick start the cardio. You have done well. You have lost 19lbs since your surgery, thats awesome. You are averaging 2lbs a week which is how you should be losing. Stay positive. Take it one day at a time. Im going to start my evening walks again & you will start your daily walks again. I love to walk outdoors. It really makes me feel real good. It's the "feel good" endorphines working. sooooooo lets get started on our walks again together. As I always say. "we can do this together one day at a time" You are really doing a great job! :biggrin: Isabel

Im wondering why you would want the cake if you are trying to lose weight. you are only 23 days post op and able to eat hamburgers allready?

Avoid the cake !!!

Wow, Bunny. Sounds like you need a bit of sugar and a nap. My doctor and I work out what I can and cannot eat ... and chopped up with Tomato, the hamburger was great. I'm not on a DIET for now, I'm trying to change a lifestyle forever. And that means there will be birthday cake. *However, after the vomit episode, I may CHOOSE to remove it from my choices. I was happy that I knew what was happening and I had no problems with breathing (that worried me... feels like the same path for food and air...LOL). I am sure if anyone had been looking through the window.. me jumping up and down... hoping it would go through the banded area faster that way.... they would think the fat lady had lost her mind. :biggrin:

we have all been there, my experience is cake does not work, no way no how. Once I had restriction, it is always a recipe for tossing my Cookies. So I avoid it like the plague. Hang in there.

Wow... so nice to see a post from someone a year out and doing well!! I'm a bit freaked over how hungry I am, what I can easily eat, and that I'm only down 10 or 12 pounds after 2 weeks of liquids! I keep reasoning that the swelling has gone down and the band is empty .... my doctor says that's it, but I have my first fill in one week. I sure hope it helps... but I'm also headed on vacation 4 days later.... I hope I can eat something. (those ladies don't know about my surgery).

Anyway.... you are an inspiration! Thank you for posting!!

I am a bit delayed in my loosing as I had to have my port replaced 6 mos in, it was leaky and would not hold liquid, I would get a fill, I would deflate, very funny now, not so much then! I guess my best advise is to always go slow after a fill, each time I have one (once i got restriction) what I can and can't eat changes. So although you may be able to eat say scrambled eggs now, later maybe not. It took me a bit of time to figure it out, as gee just last week it worked, then suddenly it doesn't.

This is a lifetime of eating behavior that we have to change, so it is something you have to be in for the long haul. I have learned a lot about myself and my eating addiction, when and why I eat and feel I have a lot more to learn.

:thumbup:I just had my surgery on Oct 1st and I wanted to see what everyone else was thinking about the first weeks. I am 3 days out and can have an ounce of liquid at a time. I dont feel hungry and the smell of feed makes me feel sick.

Thanks everyone and I am glad I found this site.

Surgery Oct 1, 2010

Wow nice to see more July bandsters here. Rcain - we were banded the same day at similar weights! I totally agree that this is a lifestyle not a diet - well said! I'm lucky that cake is one food I don't care for, but now knowing that it'll probably get stuck I'll stay far away. On the way to thin - sorry to hear about your repeat surgery, 63lbs down is fantastic. Thanks for your experiance.

Day 23 :confused: It finally happened.... horrible pressure, panic, and then vomit. I ate a hamburger and Tomato the night before... just cut, chewed, and went slow... no problem. I had birthday cake... slow, just a little, going great! This morning I was running late, took a big drink of Water and bite of my son's birthday cake..... spent the next 20 minutes jumping (do you think that helps it go down?), freaking out.... and then it came back up! *and I'm dealing with that huge custom cake sitting in the kitchen that I'm afraid to even nibble on. So my "new relationship" with food is now FEAR. :scared2:

I just had my first vomit/regurgitation with scrambled eggs of all things. I am about 4 months out from my surgery, I have been eating eggs with no problems so i don't really understand why this happend. I could feel it coming up, I kept trying to gulp it back down, and I took a few sips of Water too. But, nothing....next thing I knew it was coming up. I have since eaten eggs and had no problem...so I am not traumatized by the incident...actually don't know what to think.

Hello all

I have just seen this area for July 2010 bandsters. Is it ok if I join in? I was banded by Dr Chris in Belgium July 31st 2010 and to date I have lost 6 stone (84 pounds) and my target is 106.5 pounds to get my BMI under 25 and be able to have further surgery to sort the top half of me out. Feel free to follow the link to my weightloss journal.

I would love a T-shirt that says "been there, done that etc" as I have had the awful vomiting episodes, the restriction that has lasted from October to March and where I have lived on Soup, Soup and more soup because I found eating solids so difficult.

I am 22 pounds off of my target and look at this as a stroll in the park. I am very focused and want to achieve this target so much as my life has become so much better since the surgery and I know that I will feel a lot more positive about myself once I have had the other surgery. I have 5.5mls in my band and am due to go for another fill in two weeks. I am hoping that will be my last one but then that could be wishful thinking.

Anyway lovely to see other July bandsters here and look forward to reading their experiences.

Take care

Claire