Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am wondering if anyone has had there Lap-Band done at a military treatment center and received a referral to plastics. I had my Lap-Band placed at Madigan Army Medical Center January 2008. I have had a referral to plastics before but due to my husband deploying, and having no-one to help me I had to decline the surgery. Well my husband is due home from deployment this Sept. and I am going in to talk to my surgeon Aug. 18 for a referral to plastics again. I know I will accepted, but my question is, has anyone had their TT done by a Army plastic surgeon? I want to know if the procedure is as good as if I went to a private practice and paid out of pocket. I am ready to this for several reasons but the main reason I want it done now is that we are leaving WA soon and the only way Tri-Care will cover the entire cost is if I have my TT done at the original treatment center that placed my Lap-Band. Is it worth it to have an Army plastic surgeon do it, or should I just wait until we get settled at our new post and pay out of pocket?

Sorry about the long post but thought I should clarify a few things. Thanks....

I had my TT done at Madigan last Sept. and was very happy with the results. I didn't have my band placed here, I was in KS when that was done.

Small world, my husband is also coming back in Sept. If you would like to get together sometime or just email or IM more to talk about it please feel free to contact me. My email address is ALionberge@aol.com.

WOW! Really small world, btw you look fantastic and congrats on the weight loss:thumbup: I would love to get togather or talk through email. Sept. cannot come fast enough, only another military wife really gets it lol If you don't mind me asking, which surgeon did your TT? I won't really know anything until I meet with my surgeon and get the call from plastics but it would be nice to hear from someone who has actually had it done here. We are PCSing to a post that doesn't even have a hospital and you know Tri-Care always looking for loopholes so I need to get it done soon. How long were you on the waitlist before you had your TT?

Thanks, you do as well!

Dr. Martin did my TT, he is currently deployed to Afghanistan. I was not even on a wait list. I went in to see about having my port stitched back down, it was moving all over the place, and the doctor asked me if I had thought about having the skin removed. Of course I thought about it, just didn't think it was possible through TriCare. He sais that since they were already going to be in there, they might as well do it. Had surgery less than a month after that.

I did see a memo hanging in the nurse's room saying that as of July 1st they would be charging $1800 for a TT as they are not medically necessary.

I am waiting for a call from plastics myself now to get my arms and legs done.

I also have Yahoo IM if you want to chat there: unimk2

That's awesome you didn't get stuck on a wait list. I was on a wait list for 4 mths before my name came up and don't you know it my husband had deployed 3 weeks before that! Just my luck! That sucks about the $1800, although it's much cheaper than going off post. I was looking into the Avalon clinic in Lakewood and to get a TT there was somewhere around $8900, too much for me. I'm sure I could gather togather $1800 for one :rolleyes: Thanks for the info,

my email address is chrisavalos@hotmail.com

I know every doctor is different but as long as they "write it up" to TC that it is medically necessary to have the procedure, then TC just might approve it! I have a good friend who got her TT and Implants covered from TC after WLS. My breast reduction was covered a few years ago but we were in KS and there wasn't any PS on post so I was referred out to a civilian but it was still 100% covered, no out of pocket!

Good Luck to both of you!!