Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

My surgery is Tuesday the 21st and I just have to do a 1200 calorie diet for 5 days and then full liquids for 2 days. I started this last Friday (a few days early) and as of this morning I have lost 6 pounds! Woo Hoo!! I told my husband its crazy but, I have never done so well and why now when I am about to have surgery? I cannot wait to get this going!!

Melissa

I dont know how everyone made it with the 10 day fast, I have completed 2 days and am hungry. The food isnt that bad. Oh and I am short 1 meal thanks to my yorkie!! She got on the table when I was outside and helped herself.

I'm on day three now and I am starving too.

I think I am going to cheat this afternoon and have some won ton Soup for my lunch. I just don't see how you guys are doing this for the whole two weeks. I already feel kind of weak.

I'm still running a low grade fever, but I am hoping to kick it by this weekend.

Hi Everyone!

I recently found this website and just today found your page. I am so excited to have found all of you. I have been reading all the posts and it is incredible to see how the posts start with the anticipating the approval, to setting a date and in some cases the post op.

I started my journey a couple of months ago and got insurance approval on August 19th. They set my date for Sept 23rd and on Sept 7th they changed it to Sept 20th. So I have been on the pre-op diet since the 8th and have lost 9 lbs. Today my Doctor told me that I have to be on a 3 day Protein diet starting tomorrow until Sunday. Then Monday is the day! I can't believe how fast all this has happened and am ready for my life change.

As soon as I am able, I will let you guys know how the operation went and how I am doing.

Thanks,

Moni :wub:

weight.png

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is doing good!

Im doing better day by day! I think Im healing pretty fast and so happy about it!

Moni- Welcome!

Had Enough- Yay CONGRATULATONS on the approval! What a relief.

Anna- Good luck with the surgery, heal fast! As far as the dinners out, don't worry so much. You will still be able to go out with your family and friends and have the 3 course meal, just with moderation... Once you learn where your limits are you will be able to better judge when you go out. You can have a bite or two of the first course, bite or two of the second and bite or two of the third- so you wont miss out and the best news is that you will have tons of tastey left overs! :alien: OR you can save tons of money by just having the course you enjoy most and literally taste a bite of your hubbys other courses! But this is a GOOD thing, try not to think of what you will not be able to do, but what you CAN when you feel good and look good! :wub:

GOOD LUCK surgery goers for today!

:wub: I've been on liquid diet since last monday 9/6/10.. my surgery is scheduled for monday next week 9/20/10 !! woot woot.. hospital just called me here at work to pre register me yikes!! asking me if i want a clergy to come in and see me while in patient.. NO TY lol and do i have a living Will .. NO.. OMG lol i don't like those questions.. but i know they have to ask them.. To be honest the liquid diet isn't that bad after a few days it becomes same ole same ole.. i'm surprised at myself.. but please try and NOT cheat.. it'll be so much easier and better for you if you stick it out!! remember we are changing our lives!! and we have to start somewhere.. to regain our mindset.. i have faith in your guys/gals.. big hug no matter what you choose to do.. !

Edited by shellyh

Hi everybody! Wow it sounds like we are all just chugging along... I'm thinking of all our September Sweeties and Studs every day this month and how great of a community we are here. I'm looking forward to my day next Thursday (one week! :alien:) but am feeling nervous etc.!

Oh, you all might be interested to read some recommended items my friend suggested I get before surgery (he had his band put in in August I think and he's doing great!). He suggested I get:

-Chewable Vitamins

-Gas-X

-Have the doc prescribe Fenergen (sp?) for nausea

-Low sodium broth

-Sugar free jell-o

-Ensure (or similar)

He also recommended that, since my surgery is being done as an outpatient, I have my husband run fill my Rx's while I'm in surgery or recovery so I don't have to deal with that on the way home.

I'm adding to that list stretchy pants that are nice enough for work (I'm a secretary) but comfy on the tum-tum area.

Hope that helps all of you like it helped me. Anybody have any other pre-op preparation tips? I'm going to be cleaning my house thoroughly so I don't feel stressed at not being able to do as much housework after surgery.

Take care everyone and good luck!:wub:

Thanks Melonie and Danielle for the support and best wishes.

About to leave for the hospital now! Will keep everyone posted when I get get home from hospital!

Hope all of you are doing well on you journeys! xoxo :wub:

I am turning 40 on Saturday.

I have been conquering my addicitons for the last 6 months. I stopped smoking in March, Diet Coke in July, Caffine in August, and now compulsive overeating in September..... My surgery date is Sept. 23rd and I have been on 1 protien shake(breakfast) 1 shake(lunch) and 1 lean protien 2 vegies at dinnertime since August 23rd. I am now getting anxiety about my surgery next week and fighting off all of the above listed addictions!!!!:alien:

Is this some sort of self sabotage??????? Ahhhhhhhh!!!!:wub:

I am glad I have a place to vent!!!

thanks melonie and danielle for the support and best wishes.

About to leave for the hospital now! Will keep everyone posted when i get get home from hospital!

Hope all of you are doing well on you journeys! Xoxo :wub:

good luck !!:alien:

I am turning 40 on Saturday.

I have been conquering my addicitons for the last 6 months. I stopped smoking in March, Diet Coke in July, Caffine in August, and now compulsive overeating in September..... My surgery date is Sept. 23rd and I have been on 1 protien shake(breakfast) 1 shake(lunch) and 1 lean protien 2 vegies at dinnertime since August 23rd. I am now getting anxiety about my surgery next week and fighting off all of the above listed addictions!!!!:eek6:

Is this some sort of self sabotage??????? Ahhhhhhhh!!!!:wub:

I am glad I have a place to vent!!!

Hey Cici, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! ...I don't think it's a self sabotage i think it's just plain nerves! I'm scheduled for surgery this monday the 20th and i'm wicked nervous lol. I quit smoking in may, diet coke and coffee last week, and food last monday, i've been on liquid diet since then. Today they called me to pre register and yikes did i want to run to the work kitchen and eat just one cracker or something OMG .. and smoke.. ! i've been thinking about that all week this week. I'm thinking nerves! but we can do it.. we WILL do it , hang in there !:alien:

AnnaOz, best of luck!!! You're gonna do fantastic!

Thanks Melonie and Danielle for the support and best wishes.

About to leave for the hospital now! Will keep everyone posted when I get get home from hospital!

Hope all of you are doing well on you journeys! xoxo :wub:

Hi AnnaOz,

I'm so glad your surgery is probably over. l hope it goes well and you are released fast and recover fast. I hope mine goes smooth tomorrow. Still waiting for my call informing me about the time of surgery.

You are sooo lucky Australian time is earlier than NY time!!!! Your op is already over! Mine is about to start!!!!

I know I should not be nervous as Dr. Fielding is definitely expert in this field. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your journey. I'll let you know how mine goes.:alien:

Maxi

Edited by maxi2010

Hi everybody! Wow it sounds like we are all just chugging along... I'm thinking of all our September Sweeties and Studs every day this month and how great of a community we are here. I'm looking forward to my day next Thursday (one week! :w00t:) but am feeling nervous etc.!

Oh, you all might be interested to read some recommended items my friend suggested I get before surgery (he had his band put in in August I think and he's doing great!). He suggested I get:

-Chewable Vitamins

-Gas-X

-Have the doc prescribe Fenergen (sp?) for nausea

-Low sodium broth

-Sugar free jell-o

-Ensure (or similar)

He also recommended that, since my surgery is being done as an outpatient, I have my husband run fill my Rx's while I'm in surgery or recovery so I don't have to deal with that on the way home.

I'm adding to that list stretchy pants that are nice enough for work (I'm a secretary) but comfy on the tum-tum area.

Hope that helps all of you like it helped me. Anybody have any other pre-op preparation tips? I'm going to be cleaning my house thoroughly so I don't feel stressed at not being able to do as much housework after surgery.

Take care everyone and good luck!:thumbup:

Hi Sarah !

Get Gas X STRIPS ( dissolvable strips ) , Probably DON'T get Ensure as a Protein Drink ( aren't they for senior citizens ? ) but try Premier Protein shakes at costco or EAS Myoplex shakes or similar shakes ( DON'T get Atkins Diet they sucked bad !!! ) , wear something like a sweatshirt plus stretchy sweat pants for your operation & go home clothes ( nothing tight - your tummy will be sensitive ), get chicken Broth & Beef Consume for your liquid phase , Tomato Soup / onion Soup & the like for liquid phase, a chewable Vitamin ( I use Centrum chewables ), Tums for Calcium, Biotin vitamin supplement because Bartiatric surgery does and will effect your hair , and DEFINITELY sugar free Popsickles because they simply rule and are probably the best liquid phase stuff you can eat. My doctor also recommended GATORADE C2 ( the low cal version ) because you don't want to get dehydrated. I used the Gatorade C2 Low Cal for a few days but then found Powerade Zero Grape which is zero cals plus has electrolytes plus its only 78 cents for 32 oz. !!!

I highly recommend the Premier Protein chocolate shake from Costco, It has 30 g Protein, 1 g sugar and was pretty low on the calorie side. Plus it was 18 for $24 or around that.

-Brian :smile:

Hi MAxi2010 !

Are you ready for your big day tomorrow ??? :smile: Don't worry you will be fine. Got all your stuff / supplies ready ?

-Brian :w00t:

I just restocked some stuff last night. Wow !!! I bought a few days worth of my " food " and I will be saving money because I only paid around $40 ( $9 was for a magazine I read too ). I usually spent $120 a week on groceries alone and that isn't counting my go out & eat / restaurants / fast food money. At this rate I will pay off my surgery is no time. :thumbup:

Hi Everyone!

I recently found this website and just today found your page. I am so excited to have found all of you. I have been reading all the posts and it is incredible to see how the posts start with the anticipating the approval, to setting a date and in some cases the post op.

I started my journey a couple of months ago and got insurance approval on August 19th. They set my date for Sept 23rd and on Sept 7th they changed it to Sept 20th. So I have been on the pre-op diet since the 8th and have lost 9 lbs. Today my Doctor told me that I have to be on a 3 day Protein diet starting tomorrow until Sunday. Then Monday is the day! I can't believe how fast all this has happened and am ready for my life change.

As soon as I am able, I will let you guys know how the operation went and how I am doing.

Thanks,

Moni :thumbup:

weight.png

Wow! You did get through the process quickly. I will be banded on the 27th and am on Protein Drinks until the day of surgery. I wish you the very best with your surgery!