Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

I dont know how everyone made it with the 10 day fast, I have completed 2 days and am hungry. The food isnt that bad. Oh and I am short 1 meal thanks to my yorkie!! She got on the table when I was outside and helped herself.

Hey everybody!!

I posted here a few times and I've read everyone's updates every day while I waited for an approval. I finally got an approval yesterday and I will be banded on Oct. 12th. I was hoping to be banded in September, but unfortunately that didn't happen. I still feel like a part of this group even with an October band date. I will still keep up with everyone while I wait for my date to approach. I think being on the computer might help when I start my liquid diet :wub: Ha ha!

Hey everybody!!

I posted here a few times and I've read everyone's updates every day while I waited for an approval. I finally got an approval yesterday and I will be banded on Oct. 12th. I was hoping to be banded in September, but unfortunately that didn't happen. I still feel like a part of this group even with an October band date. I will still keep up with everyone while I wait for my date to approach. I think being on the computer might help when I start my liquid diet :wub: Ha ha!

Crecia, you are still part of our club! Not to worry!

Brenda

Crecia, you are still part of our club! Not to worry!

Brenda

Thank you Brenda.

I appreciate that. I really like reading what is going on with this group. I never have a lot to say (I'm a very shy and quiet person), but I've jumped up and down as I've read all of the September approvals and surgeries. I feel like I know everyone and I'm happy for them. I'll still read the updates every day and I'll say what's going on with me :wub:

So I called my insurance (healthnet) today to check on my authorization for surgery, and I was APPROVED! :thumbup:I will still go in on the 21st for surgery.:alien: I am so so scared, I am afraid that my anxiety is going to kick in and they will have to re-schedule me.:eek6: Any advice would be so helpful. Good luck to everyone!:wub:

Hi Cathy !

Sorry to hear about your house but better the house than you ! I hope all else is well.

Out of curiosity what phase / diet are you on now ? I am still on liquid. Tonight I finally also started incorporating different Soups also ( instead of just broth ) .. I added Tomato and tomato & Basil and now also onion. I was getting alittle sick of chocolate Protein Shakes and wanted a non-sugary taste. The Tomato Soup was good but not something I would have every night... a little too tomatoey for me to have every night but a change of pace nonetheless. Any other suggestions ?

-Brian :wub:

Hi! I get banded September 22; I am on day 8 of the pre-op diet and all is well! Best of luck to everyone, I need to go back and catch up on previous posts.

So I called my insurance (healthnet) today to check on my authorization for surgery, and I was APPROVED! :thumbup:I will still go in on the 21st for surgery.:alien: I am so so scared, I am afraid that my anxiety is going to kick in and they will have to re-schedule me.:sad: Any advice would be so helpful. Good luck to everyone!:wub:

Hi Had Enough ! Don't worry yourself about it. I see you are in L.A. too... my advice make sure you have a great surgeon. Mine is Beverly Hills based and has done over 1000 plus Bands plus does 10-15 a week. I am one week post op and feel 100% ( actually more like 95% my belly button is still a little bit sensitive from the port / hiatal hernia surgery. ). Don't worry you will be fine and in a few month, you will be great. :eek6:

-Brian

Brian,

I'm with ya; I too have incorporated some light Soups to replace the sweetness of the shakes. Healthy Choice and Progresso have some fabulous low cal/fat/sodium choices that I've used. GNC has a delicious 100% whey Protein banana Cream shake mix that is yummy and I think so much better than chocolate.

:alien:

Hi Cathy !

Sorry to hear about your house but better the house than you ! I hope all else is well.

Out of curiosity what phase / diet are you on now ? I am still on liquid. Tonight I finally also started incorporating different soups also ( instead of just broth ) .. I added Tomato and tomato & Basil and now also onion. I was getting alittle sick of chocolate Protein Shakes and wanted a non-sugary taste. The Tomato Soup was good but not something I would have every night... a little too tomatoey for me to have every night but a change of pace nonetheless. Any other suggestions ?

Hi Cathy !

Out of curiosity what phase / diet are you on now ? I am still on liquid. Tonight I finally also started incorporating different Soups also ( instead of just broth ) .. I added Tomato and tomato & Basil and now also onion. I was getting alittle sick of chocolate Protein Shakes and wanted a non-sugary taste. The Tomato Soup was good but not something I would have every night... a little too tomatoey for me to have every night but a change of pace nonetheless. Any other suggestions ?

Hey Brian-- I noticed that V-8 has a section of cream soups in my Walmart grocery section, and we also have Pacific brand organic cream soups. It looks like they have lots of variety-- a brocolli cream Soup, butternut squash soup (yum). Here is the link to Pacific's website to see what they look like: Pacific Natural Foods , and here is the V8 website: V8 Soups - Healthy V8 Soup Home Page.

Any soup you can run through a blender or food processor to take out "chewable" chunks would probably work-- potato and "chowder" type soups would puree really well I bet.

Edited by stateofzen
more stuff to say

Our Special Dates:

Today: September 16

sunny day, fldanny, kimmila, onceuponaband, matzobeans, sugarmoma, stephanie24p, lauravarley, donna niemi, cortneyhughes

THIS WEEK: Good luck too those of you having your surgery this week. Let us know when you get a chance how you are doing after your surgery. We will have you in our thoughts.

September 17 - Stateofzen, blondeej, vega1star, helgainaz, AnnaOz, MrsFitand42, maxi2010, risenhour1, jakealta, CdnBlondie

NEXT WEEK:

September 20 - RACandler, mytrice, Natalka, lbtss16, shellyh

September 21 - angellegna29, krieck, wishful-thinking, ledgins, HAD_ENOUGH

September 22 - ebonykisses, kittykat56, papoose, mom05, teach830, highlojack, Scarred4Life, highlojack, Tsaleen, girlbanded*

September 23 - emsbugbug, cicigirl, kierstyun2010, hocuspocus, mrsmontero12607, sarwenc, sourmissg

September 24 - ctrose, kmckinleyrn, South Dakota Girl, cocoabeanie03, hserra

September 25 - candy Rain

FOLLOWING WEEK:

September 27 - babyk, LisaA (leaving for Mexico on the 26th), ocbutterfly, david314, wendyhart, panna

September 28 - Zippy74, kosy2, ebeeze824, newbs, Marte80, Paigey, tk07

September 29 - wanna.b.healthy, Foxracing1201, chriper, Marte80, latin_starr*

September 30 - mrsbure, cndalbs, qtney1

*newest additions

I want everyone to be recognized for this journey, so please let me know if I overlooked you.

Those approved/self pay and waiting for dates:

TheLovelyMissJ

desperatelyw.loss

HeatherinCA

phershey

PitPat

bayareanan

Bugaboo77

71 have crossed over to Band Land:

1reign - from FL

ahlmanfamily - from MA

aliciaj - from PA

ally UK - from England

Angel82 - from MN

angelpix - from MN

bandalley - from Alberta Canada

BandedNellie - from CT

Brian-LA - Brian from LA

Butterfly2010 - from NC

CalaCake - from PA

cece1967 -from CA

ConB113 - from FL

cortneyhughes - from TX

CSinTX - Cathy from TX

danide - Danielle from NY

debrarh - from GA

Desiree1972 - from GA

donna niemi - from FL

donnalys - from AL

drm1123 - from NY

Esin - from London, England

fldanny - Danny from FL

Freshstart2010 - Christi from CA

glitteryvampiregirl - Catherine from AL

gracerev - Pastor from GA

ILUVFOOD - from NJ

jlr58 - from NJ

jmariedel - from VA

jshort - Jennifer from MO

matzobeans - from CA

melonie - from MO

KAS1971 - from MA

kimmila - from CA

kydman - from KY

Kysmith72

LadyT39 - from FL

Lanah - from TX

lauravarley - from TX

leeblewb - from VA

lemonchick - from TX

lillyegg - from NY

lovemysgt - from TX

Loyalfriend - from NC

Mandyrae - from TX

missjoany - from NC

motherbear - from NH

msmith73 - from NH

Nani4five - from MI

NYsLegend78 - from NJ

Olsweetmusic - from FL

onceuponaband - Paige from OH

piperboo - from AR

playermimi - from MA

pooky032281 - Erin from OK

purplevic -from FL

ready4change10 - from PA

rkwilliams1013 - Rebecca from GA

RN.Violet - from KY

Run Girl Run - from MO

sannersplace72 - Sandy from MD

SarahMarie123 - from WA

shushuandanniesmom - Jamie from IL

spitfireleo - from MA

stephanie1975 - from Victoria, Canada

stephanie24p - Stephane from IL

sugarmoma - from IL

sunny day - from NY

swissnis - from IL

TheMaxwellFamily- from IN

WAH.MOM - from WI

Edited by Banded-Sept-2010

September 1st :alien: was my date , ive lost 16 lbs and ive gained a pound :wub: kinda frustrated at this point hoping first fill will make the difference that will be october 6th . I wish you all luck the surgery wasnt bad just remember to walk as soon as you can and as much as you can . Looking forward to making new friends on this new journey .:eek6:

Firstly good luck to all my fellow Sept 17 Bandsters tomorrow! Stateofzen, blondeej, vega1star, helgainaz, MrsFitand42, maxi2010, risenhour1, maxi2010, jakealta, CdnBlondie - Hope it all goes well!

hserrra - sorry to hear bout the date change but really glad you have kept a positive spin on it!

And I hope all of those that have crossed to the band this month already are doing great!

So I am getting ready for bed... it is 11:30pm in Australia at the moment and I have to be up at 5am for my surgery tomorrow morning.

Have had a strange week waiting for tomorrow. It felt so long away at times, especially when I was frustrated with the two week pre-op diet. And now it’s here I can’t believe it.

I had a bit of an emotional night last night. :eek6: It all caught up with me, it became totally real and I realised that I am having this surgery and although small, there are chances of complications and there are risks. I also sort of grieved for my eating habits of old... started to realise "wow, I won’t ever go out with my Hubby or friends and family to enjoy a 3 course meal at a restaurant! I will only be eating an entree sized meal".

But now that my mini-meltdown is done (partly due to the support of my amazing hubby!), I am ready! Ready for this change and my new life! :wub:

Be back soon, to let you all know how it goes!:alien:

Youll do fine the surgery is quick , i woke up a lil groggy but soon as i did they ask if i had pain the gave me meds for it and all was great . Ive had several surgerys in my past and this wasnt bad at all. Talk to your dr about your anxiety and they will probably give you something to relax soon as you get there or to take before you get there that will help . Here's hugs and wishing you luck !

Hi all, hard to believe most of us have already been banded. About pureed Soups, I googled lowfat pureed soups and found how easy it is to make your own. A great one is butternut squash Soup. In a pot put 4 cups peeled cubed squash, 1 small chopped onion, 1 peeled cubed med potatoe, in pam or a tiny bit of oil saute to bring out flavors then add 2 cups chicken broth and simmer until soft season w/salt pepper a little nutmeg and puree . yummo!