Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

Oh another Zumba girl!

I have the Zumba on video as well. Its fun but challenging. I haven't done it in about 3 months but I plan to start it again. It takes a lot of coordination to get it right, which I don't have, but either way, still fun.

I went to my pre-testing today! Woohoo! Just spoke with the anesthesiologist (sp?), had blood taken and reviewed my health history. I thought there would be more but guess not! So excited!

QUESTION- Do you really see yourself as fat as you are?

I was thinking about it today and well, the truth is, mentally I don't see myself as fat until I look in the mirror or pictures. Its really odd. Can't wait for my body to fit my mental image.

Hey fresh start, I also am with Ortiz on the 27. your date is coming, how's your pre op diet going?

I had my pre-op this morning!! I love my surgeon, she talked with me for at least 1/2 hour answering any questions I had. I am starting my liquid diet tomorrow,for 2 weeks I will have 1 shake for Breakfast, 1 shake for lunch, and a small lean protien dinner with vegies. :( I can do this!!! It may not be easy but this is about change right?

I scheduled my surgery for September 17th (a birthday present, as my birthday is the 16th)!

I could have done an August surgery, but since I have so much to lose I want to get a good head-start before the surgery and make sure I hit the ground running. My doc doesn't do a pre-op diet, so I'm doing one of my own for the next month (low carb works for me in the short term, and actually improved my cholesterol/got me off my meds).

My WLG is to lose 100-125 lbs (125 would put me at a BMI of 24.9). But really, *any* weight I can lose and then freaking keep off will do me some major good so I'm going to try really hard not to worry about the number.

My goals are to have less back and foot pain and to not worry about whether the airplane seat belt is going to buckle around my lap. This is a weird goal, but maybe some of you gals will understand-- I want to stop ruining every shirt I have because food cannot help but drop straight on the huge shelf of my chest. :(

stateofzen-omg it is crazy that is exactly my goals to, of course I wasn't brave enough to tell anyone... till now. I'm not kidding, my exact list, that I kept thinking, why is that your list. I know why, I've been on a plane who's belt didn't fit- and all of my shirts are stained- plus the back and foot pain just keeps getting worse- oh yeah and the kneee. I know I'm behind on this thread, still reading and responding to page 5 stuff LOL

Hi cicigirl, congrats- yes you can- that's what I keep telling my self, I start on Monday. Have bought all the stuff, including a new scale. and I booked my flight now, wow.

I bought a Protein drink called Reset, I hope it's ok, it comes in the mail soon.

Oh and do I think of myself as fat- I've always puzzed over that.

In my mind no- but yes when I see pictures I just cringe, I can't believe it's me. so bizarre.

Hmm,I probably should actually do some work- but I have one more thing- I like the clothing exchange idea- but right now I am no smaller so I have nothing. I'm in 2x- 3x

Maybe there is a way we can list things or at least size and description of a group of things we'd like to give away. I also can't help but wonder if it's not better to have the person receiving to pay for the shipping- that way there is no danger / expense if you never find something you want- (although that might be difficult to handle?)

hmmm maybe there is a way we can put photos of clothes up in a photo album with our profile.- hmm.

I just found out that I have been approved for surgery and can choose either Sept 13, 20, or 27. My surgeon is Dr Feng in Redwood City, CA and he is connected to the Palo Alto Medical Foundation. I have been going back and forth about whether to have this done, but I realized that is exactly what I have been doing with trying to keep the weight off...going back and forth. I totally agree with Freshstart2010... enough is enough! I do have to admit, now that I have the approval, the abstract idea of surgery very quickly became concrete. I look forward to sharing our experiences as we go through the ups and downs of this new adventure and this new lifestyle.

danide -- "QUESTION- Do you really see yourself as fat as you are?" I still picture myself and feel the same as I did in college (23 yrs ago). So no I absolutey don't see myself as FAT until I see the pictures then I'm OMG.

Hmm,I probably should actually do some work- but I have one more thing- I like the clothing exchange idea- but right now I am no smaller so I have nothing. I'm in 2x- 3x Maybe there is a way we can list things or at least size and description of a group of things we'd like to give away.
I was looking into this last night thinking the same thing and trying to figure out how to add pictures. The only thing that I came up with is to do a group email. I'm game. I'd rather give my clothes to my family here and the local goodwill.

david314 -- We look forward to hearing your adventures (up and down) through this process as well. Welcome and glad to have you.

I was thinking about it today and well, the truth is, mentally I don't see myself as fat until I look in the mirror or pictures. Its really odd. Can't wait for my body to fit my mental image.

Danide

When I look in a Mirror, I don't look like my mind tells me. My mine says girl you got it going on, My mind is not telling the truth. I just look OK. But BOOOOy when I look at a picture of my self. Oh that can't be. It is something how the mind sees what it want to see.

I had my pre-op this morning!! I love my surgeon, she talked with me for at least 1/2 hour answering any questions I had. I am starting my liquid diet tomorrow,for 2 weeks I will have 1 shake for breakfast, 1 shake for lunch, and a small lean protien dinner with vegies. :( I can do this!!! It may not be easy but this is about change right?

Oh Cicigril, You are right you can do it. And we are here as your support. Just a little longer and you will be banded.

Hmm,I probably should actually do some work- but I have one more thing- I like the clothing exchange idea- but right now I am no smaller so I have nothing. I'm in 2x- 3x

Maybe there is a way we can list things or at least size and description of a group of things we'd like to give away. I also can't help but wonder if it's not better to have the person receiving to pay for the shipping- that way there is no danger / expense if you never find something you want- (although that might be difficult to handle?)

hmmm maybe there is a way we can put photos of clothes up in a photo album with our profile.- hmm.

LisaA: I'm all for the exchange. If we are able to have one it can be helpful to everyone. At one of my Support Group meeting, a couple of people was saying that they drop weight so fast that by the next 4 or 5 weeks there in another size or two or three.

I just found out that I have been approved for surgery and can choose either Sept 13, 20, or 27. My surgeon is Dr Feng in Redwood City, CA and he is connected to the Palo Alto Medical Foundation. I have been going back and forth about whether to have this done, but I realized that is exactly what I have been doing with trying to keep the weight off...going back and forth. I totally agree with Freshstart2010... enough is enough! I do have to admit, now that I have the approval, the abstract idea of surgery very quickly became concrete. I look forward to sharing our experiences as we go through the ups and downs of this new adventure and this new lifestyle.

david314, Congratulations on your approval.

yeah lisaA!!!!!

I have never seen myself as fat....I know I am by the scale and size of clothes I wear and most importantly my bloodpressure. But I have a healthy self-esteem which is why I believe I can succeed on this journey.

P.S. I love this group...thank you for being here...:(

Edited by cicigirl
spelling

Warning !!!!! Watching top chief on an all liquid day makes one hungry.

I too don't see myself as FAT until I look at pictures or I pass by a full size mirror. I use to think I looked the same as I did when I was in my early 20's but that's was when I was a size 7/9 and can you believe I thought I was HUGE...!!!!!

When I first was thinking if this was the right thing for me or not I asked my mom for her advise and she said to me "well don't you see yourself and how fat you are" that was very devastating for me and knew I had to do something about my weight. I can't even walk up a hill without running out of breath. Plane rides I dread because just a little more and that belt won't go anymore:( We are taking a trip in December and I know I won't have that problem:thumbup:

David314: Congrats!!!!!!

I am starting to freak out now. I have so much going on. I think the world is trying to stop me from going under the knife.

I'm going to vent a little feel free to skip this post:tongue2:

Work has been crazy. I am a home care nurse and both of my bosses got fired I am working 50 to 60 hours a week. I am looking forward to the banding so I can have some time off.

We are in the process of adopting children from the foster care system. I am really excited bot our home study (the final step before the adoption is Monday).

Should I be considering bring children in to my home right ofter getting banded? I have always wanted to be a mother but have been unable to stay pregnant. One of the reason I am getting banded is to control PCOS. In hopes that some day we can have biological children.

Sorry for ranting. Does anyone else feel as if thing are going crazy as the big day come closer.