Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Available Lap Band Buddy / Mentor Looking For New Friends

Hi there, Im in Melbourne Australia.........I'm 51 years old and have had my lapband since August 2008. I saw the thread for Lapband Buddies/Mentors and thought what a great way to make some new friends! I travel overseas every year and would love to start making some friends in another country so if there is anyone interested, please let me know........I wou;d love to help out and swap stories:thumbup:

I am 44 and will be banded August 3. I felt very confident since beginning the process, but not that I am two weeks away, I am beginning to get a bit nervous. Would love to correspond with you here from the great state of Ohio.

I'd be happy to correspond with you both- is that Kosher? I am 55, have had my band since March 3, 2010. I'm down thirty pounds, but struggle with drinking liquids while eating, carbonated beverages, and too frequent forays into the world of ice cream and fast food, though I have cut way, way down on both. I do my weekly weigh-in on Mondays and stand on the scale with my teeth gritted until the numbers quit moving. So far no gains, but occasionally no loss either. I tell myself slowly but surely and that I don't have to conquer all my bad habits at once- but I'd sure like to eliminate at least one of them soon!

And there's my current story. Too much information?

Count me in, too!!:scared2:

I'm just beginning my journey. Going to the first seminar next wednesday. I've spoken to my PCP, my insurance company and to a Surgeon - so that is where I am.

I've been many places but not Australia! Would LOVE to go one day!

Talk to you soon!!

~Lisa

So Llyra, how has the beverage thing been going for you since last time? Have you had any luck with the scale? SuzieK informed me that she is no longer visiting the site, but I still communicate with her via email. Good luck to you Lisa - the time will go by fast! I am set to go in 6 days . . . starting to get more and more excited! What a great combination of ladies we have here - we are all in various stages of our journey. Hope to hear from you all soon!

Kelly

Hi Everyone......I did say I would not be back here, but hey what the heck.......don't worry about carbonated drink, I found that if I just sip it, then it's okay. I did gulp it down once and boy the reaction was not a good one, I thought I was going to die! Bottom line, if you can live without it, then leave it alone. Ice cream is something I am only just getting into but you know what ladies, it dosent matter if yiour scales fluctuate by a couple of pounds because bottom line is.......you are still losing weight or at the very least not gaining any. That in itself is a good thing. Hope to hear from you all again soon.

Good Morning!

Kelly - 6 days (well, 5 now!)? I'm so excited for you!! I can't wait to hear about your experiences. Please keep us posted!

~Lisa

Hi Everyone......I did say I would not be back here, but hey what the heck.......don't worry about carbonated drink, I found that if I just sip it, then it's okay. I did gulp it down once and boy the reaction was not a good one, I thought I was going to die! Bottom line, if you can live without it, then leave it alone. Ice cream is something I am only just getting into but you know what ladies, it dosent matter if yiour scales fluctuate by a couple of pounds because bottom line is.......you are still losing weight or at the very least not gaining any. That in itself is a good thing. Hope to hear from you all again soon.

Hey Suziek!

I guess I won't need to worry about carbonated drinks! That's one of the things that I can live without - and won't miss if I "leave it alone"! But... Ice Cream, on the other hand.. That's gonna be a tough one!! I'm already trying to limit my ice cream intake - summer months are the hardest!

But, as you say, the scales aren't going up - and for now, that's a GOOD thing!!

Talk to you soon!!

Hooray! I am thrilled that you decided to come back to LBT Sue! Like I said before, we have a good thread going here and I think you have a lot of LB experience to share with all of us!

I gave up sodas about a year ago and subtituted them with decaffinated tea made with Splenda and mint and I also like to drink Minute Maid Lite with strawberries. As I told Llyra, if you give up something, find a good subtitute that you can live with.

Well, I have my classroom about all unpacked now and all I need to do is decorate and do some filing. I have never been this far along so early - the start of the new school year should be a breeze!

I bought two new books to read over the next two weeks as I recover - The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and The Help. I have heard that they are both excellent reads and I can't wait to get started. I am getting excited for this surgery, partially because it will give me an excuse to take it easy for awhile. I have been so busy working at school and getting my house all clean to prepare for it that I have have worn myself out! It has caused me to be a bit more active though and I am starting to see my scale move again. Woo Hoo! Wish me luck gals!

Kelly

Edited by steggegirl

Hey Kelly!

Good for YOU with all that prep work!! Now you'll be able to take some "Kelly time", read the books you bought and just heal nicely!!

You're getting close - almost there, actually! I'll be thinking about you and saying a prayer that all goes well!

I have my second sleep study tonight..... We gotta do what we gotta do!!:(

And as for the soda - I've become completely addicted to Pellegrino - kinda like Perrier. It's Water with the BUBBLES!! I usually drink it cold, straight up, with a twist!

Keep us posted!!

~Lisa

I'd love to have a buddy! I was banded 5 days ago and I'm having a rough go of it!

I'd love to have a buddy! I was banded 5 days ago and I'm having a rough go of it!

Hi Banded!!

Welcome to our little group!! I hope you're feeling alright and that things are beginning to go smoothly for you! Keep us posted, please?

I might be the first guy here :0). Ladies I an getting my band on sept 8 and I can't wait to start this journey

I might be the first guy here :0). Ladies I an getting my band on sept 8 and I can't wait to start this journey

Welcome NYsLegend!!

Sept 8th?? You're getting close!! Are you ready?? Good luck to you and keep us posted!:)

Hey All, I made it through with flying colors! It's been a week now and I am already down about 7lbs now - WooHoo! The biggest challenge for me is learning how to eat slowly. I also miss eating a typical family meal with my husband, but I know that will come in time. So, BandedKraut, what kind of problems have you been encountering so far? I have had just a few, but that is to be expected. Let us know how we can help! Welcome NYsLegend. It will be interesting to hear about your journey from a guy's perspective - keep us informed!

Kelly