Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability thread for October Bandsters!

I was banded 10/1/2010 and I want to thank you guys because reading about your successes has been a real inspiration for me.

Hi Chica,

Welcome to the thread. You`ve been on the losers` bench for two months now. How is it going? Hope you`re doing well. Keep us updated good luck for the rest of the journey. Just imagine where you will be during your 1st surgi-versary if you keep up the good work.

Hi everyone,

So far I have lost 25 lbs but I'm feeling great. I just started a gym and it's kicking my butt so far. But I'm loving it. My clothes are starting to fit better and I can see a difference. I can't wait till my surgi-versary to see how I'm doing. :D

Good morning Claire,

I have been wondering about you, I was afraid the new site ran you off. I haven't been posting much but I have been reading.

I ate crap the whole 4 day holiday weekend and I haven't gotten on the scales yet. I am about to get ready for work and I guess I will see... I have to say I am glad that the egg nog is gone!

Still fighting with my husband, we have an appointment with the therapist on 12/20. Maybe that will help. Who the hell knows.

I will post later, after I face the scales with an update!

Oh the new site has been challenging for me. I still don`t get the site from my office and it took a while for me to be able to make entry at home. It was coming up with "read only" for a long time. I still don`t receive email updates which is a pain because I never get to know of replies or updates until I visit the site. I was ever so scared that I was going to lose all of you so imagine how relief I am!

Leigha, I know you`re saying you ate unhealthily during the holidays but isn`t it what "normal" people do? They Celebrate and resume to their usual eating pattern when the celebration is over. My only hope is that you enjoyed yourself and every single sip of the egg nog too. I`m waiting for the the christmas period to enjoy egg nogs and mulled wine.

How are you preparing towards christmas? Sorry to hear that the issues between you and your husband is not settled yet. It`s great that you`re seeing a therapist on the 20th. At least he is willing to work with you to resolve the situation. Provided he realises in the end that you were right all along, right? LOL. I`m counting on it working out well for both of you. Keep me updated, hun and always know that I`m here for you.

In regards to being on the scale, you may surprise yourself. Let us know how it goes anyway.

Hey Girl, I`m the tiniest I`ve ever been post early teens! I fitted perfectly into a pair of jeans that I`ve never been able to fit into throughout my yoyo experience. It feels good, great! This process has been my best investment ever because if it was not because of the op, I would have lost and gained a lot of weight within the past 14 months through the numerous faddy diets. Oh and the ability to look at the scales (in every bathroom in the house and 1 in the office!) and walk by defiantly feels good.

Hope everyone else is doing great and managing. I want to hear from you all.

Hi everyone,

So far I have lost 25 lbs but I'm feeling great. I just started a gym and it's kicking my butt so far. But I'm loving it. My clothes are starting to fit better and I can see a difference. I can't wait till my surgi-versary to see how I'm doing. :D

Hooray, I got the notification through my email this time! We`re getting there.

Chica, you`ve lost 25lbs within 2 months. That`s great, congrats hun. I`m glad you`re enjoying the exercise because it helps a lot. I bet you feel better already and Girl, a year soon comes around and I`ll be keeping an eye on your progress and do the happy dance with you in October. You will br fine. You know where I am if you need support, hun. Keep up the good work.

Chica--Looks like your 25% of the way there! Congrats.

Claire! Early teens! Way to go! I'm so happy for you.

I weighed yesterday and was 135 on the dot! (Glad I skipped Monday, it would have hurt my feelings to be over that) and then I was 134 this morning so apparently if the fat hasn't had time to settle in its is easier to get rid of. :D

Hello ladies....this new site has completely lost me. I've only now just figured out how to find this thread, LOL.

Leigha - I'm right there with you - I ate loads of crap over the holiday weekend too...and guess what? I didn't do any damage - just remained the same (which is fine by me). I didn't weigh myself until this past Monday morning (felt like I had to face the music so I could get back on track....being that I didn't gain, now I'm thinking I shouldn't have weighed because my mind is now telling me I can eat what I want and not gain....luckily, I know not to believe that logic :huh: ).

So here's my goal for the month - I MUST get back on my exercise routine....I have been such a sloth lately, haven't been doing anything - I really need to get my act in gear, LOL.

Glad everyone is doing well (good luck on the counseling Leigha - let us know how that works out....I wish I could get my husband to even go...he keeps saying he would but every time I actually go to make an appt, he backs out and says he'll make more of an effort, blah, blah, blah).

Leigha, way to go! Still being at 134lbs means that your maintenance plan is working even when you over-do it a little???? during holiday periods. That`s inspirational.

HDmama, good to read from you. Whoever thought about the change obviously did not think about us, the techno / IT-phobs. The only notification of entry that I`ve received so far since the change was chica`s. It`s good that you maintain your weight after the holidays` feast. Hope you enjoyed yourself. In regards to the exercise, same here, I haven`t been exercising for a while now as well. We`re still snowed under this side of the pond.

I have a feeling I`m at goal so I`m going to weigh next Friday and let you know.

Just an update. By the feel of the clothing and reflection in the mirror, it seems like I`m still losing weight! it feels good and exciting but still waiting till Friday to weigh myself. Who knows I could be disappointed as it could just turn out to be inches lost. If that`s the case, it will be a miracle since I`ve not been exercising lately. Nevertheless, who cares? All I know is I`m feeling wonderful but it could only be that I`m in a manic state and will soon fall flat. I just want the feel good factor to last until Friday!

Are you all preparing for Christmas or it`s not a big deal that side of the pond? I`m running a bit late but I`m usually a last minute person so it`ll get done eventually.

Let me know how you`re all doing. Has anyone read an entry from Cindylou? I`ve not read from her since she spoke about the TT. I`ll pm her to find out how she`s doing.

Weighed tthis morning. 2lbs lost in about 3 weeks but not complaining because I feel really good. Not got to goal yet which means that I`m not the lowest in weight I`ve been since my early teens. I`m definately skinnier though so I don`t know how that works! I`m going to get to goal but probably not this side of christmas but I`m not complaining.

Hope you`re all doing well.

Hi everyone,

Kcg- sorry I've been out of pocket for a while. but I'm doing fine havn't lost any more weight but have maintained during the holidays. But I've been dealing with a 7 year old son that has ADHD AND ODD. Finally broke down and went to the doctor with him. The Doctor put him on meds oh i've had mixed emotions about that. But so far its turned out to be a good thing. Not over medicated. The teacher said he has had a great, great week so something must be working. Plus at home I can tell a difference. He said mama now I feel like I have more control over myself. So yall keep him and me in your prayers. Cause mama don't know how much more she can takeeeee!!!!!!! LOL but I do LOVE My Boy!!

Good to read from you, Cindylou. Sorry to hear about the issues you`re experiencing with your son and I`m glad the med has started working. I`m praying for both of you. It`s good that amid all that you`ve managed to maintain the weight.

I`m doing brilliantly. Hope you`re all doing well.

Banded August 2009

Start weight 265

Current weight 185

Sounds like a lot but I'm 5'6" tall and almost walking out of my size 12 pants. I'm pretty muscular underneath what's left of the fat I have to lose. I've always been strong. No one every believes I weight as much as I do, even at my largest they didn't believe it. I say they must have been blind, but whatever. Even when I was in the Army I never made weight. They always had to test my body mass and I'd pass with flying colors. So, to me, weight is just a number. Measurements count.

Total loss 80 pound in 15 months. Low and slow. Goal weight 150.

10 cc band. 5 cc fil and pretty tight, I might add but I like it that way.

I don't compare myself to other's progress anymore because I know I'll get there when I get there. B)

I love my band. It's my best friend. It is helping me understand and overcome my food addictions so that when the day comes when I have to handle food all on my own (bandless) I'll be prepared and healed from all my old food demons.

My philosophy....

The band...it's an assist. Weight loss....it's a process. Overcoming food issues....a lifelong journey. :D

Hey Cindy, I put my son on meds when he was 7 or 8, he was sooo hyper. But now he is 16 and has learned enough coping skills that he doesn't need medicine any longer. He still loses stuff and talks too much but at least he doesn't drive the teachers crazy anymore. Don't worry it gets better. I have never regretted putting him on meds.

Largemediumsmall-- Welcome to the thread, you doing great!

Claire-- I'm glad your in a good place.

I have been eating crap, eggnog, Cookies, the works. I have gained 2 pounds and I am having a ball. I am going to try and rein it in during the week so that I don't outgrow my clothes by Christmas but I am going to enjoy the Holidays this year without worrying about my weight. (Unless I get to 140, then I will get serious!)

Hello ladies - it's been a little while - not losing, just maintaining and that's fine with me (considering I have been eating Cookies and candies and stuff I should NOT be eating, LOL). I need to rein myself in a bit, which I think shouldn't be too difficult as I have a cold coming on and I always get tight when I have one, so I doubt I'll be able to eat much if this gets any worse, LOL.

Cindylou - can I ask what type of behaviors your son exhibited with the ODD? I have often thought perhaps my daughter has that, and last year, I took her to counseling, but it didn't prove to help and the counselor was not that great and didn't really give us any helpful feedback. She seems to be getting somewhat better, but now my 4 year old might be taking over, so I'm just curious what he was doing that made you know it was time to take him for help (I know for me, I was just about to have a nervous breakdown with my daughter and her behavior, I was completely lost)....

Claire - 2 pounds is great! Glad all is going well for you (hope you are managing to keep warm, we have family over here now and it was miserable when they left London last week.

LargeMediumSmall, welcome to the thread. You seem to be in a very good and peaceful space. Good weightloss as well, congrats. 5cc and you`re feeling tight? That`s great bcause I`m at 8cc and still feel slightly loose but I`m alright with that, especially now that X`mas is approaching. I`m 5.7ish and pretty athletic looking as well so one always looks slight as compared to weight. I love your spirit, hun. Keep up the good work.

Leigha, you know I`m a fun, right? You`re inspirational, 2lbs gain and all. Hun I`m glad you`ve enjoyed the eggnog, Cookies etc.

You and I now need to get our act together in preparation towards X`mas. I`m setting a mini challenge for us. You lose the 2lbs before the x`mas and I`ll lose 5lbs. Deal? Let me know. I`m however starting tomorrow so looking forward to you joining me.

HDmama, Missed you loads. Maintenance is good. Still cannot maintain as well. Either going down or up, bummer!

Rein it in with us from tomorrow. Mini challenge, you say no to the cookies and candies and I`ll say no to the excessive carb I`ve been eating recently. Deal?

The weather`s been pretty miserable this side of the pond. Good escape for your relatives. Still in the minus but the snow has melted where I am but there is another forcast at the moment so we are bracing ourselves for that. I guess I`m keeping warm with all the carbs I`m eating at the moment.

Well it stops tomorrow so I`m meeting my challenge by X`mas. Watch this space. I`ll let you know.