Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where is everyone?

I know I was MIA for a while, but is everyone else as well?! I'd like to hear from the August Bandsters and see how everyone is doing. Anyhow, as we approach our first year "bandiversary" I hope that everyone is doing well. Hope to hear from you all!

My own status update: As of today 43 lbs down, thought I'd be twice that by now :) Maybe I would have if I had found restriction early on, but I did not find restriction until 6 months after surgery. Consequently, I didn't start losing weight until 6 months after surgery as well. I am steadily losing 1 lb a week, sometimes 2 if I'm lucky. I still don't exercise as much, but I am definitely more active. Besides restriction, another big change that has worked for me was switching my diet from "average American" to almost exclusively organic and/or vegetarian (I can afford it now since I don't eat much!) I am doing it purely for the health benefits, and so far, so good. I am finally taking my daily Vitamin regularly and I have noticed elevated mood and energy and less hair loss! If you're like me and weren't remembering to take yours, I hope you do b/c it really is so important. So that is me, chugging along but very optimistic! At 235 now my goal is to be under 200 by my wedding in December... I know the only way that's going to happen is if I begin a regular exercise routine (eww) Wish me luck, because I'd really like to like to exercise :eek:

Hi I just passed my 11 month anniversary. I have reached my goal weight and decided to remove some liquid from my band. I have lost 80 pounds and feel terrific. Big fears are surfacing because I don't know how to stay at this weight. I only know how to gain..... what I do know is I love how I feel at this size and want to stay here.

I was banded Aug 24, 2009 and I'm down 70 pounds. I still have about 30 to go but it is very slow. I exercise 3 - 4 times a week and plan on increasing it another couple of days. I have more energy and looking forward to doing some of the things I have put off for years because of my weight. I feel and look better than I have in years. I'm off all precription medicines. I always take my Vitamins every day plus Vitamin D and Calcium. I just started taking Biotin because someone told me it would help my hair.

I'm looking forward to losing the last 30 pounds no matter how long it takes. It feels so good now to go into a department store and go to the misses and not the plus sizes.

Hi Vicki,

Glad to hear about your success too!. I'm off all meds as well. I believe my walking everyday has made a huge difference in my weight loss and muscle tone. I do have loose skin but I am hoping it will tighten up and redrape on a smaller frame. I just started Biotin too because my hair has been affected. Stick with it and I know you will lose the balance of your weight. Do you get fills regularly? They helped me to stay restricted. And I eat Protein every few hours to stay full.

I had my first fill in November 09 - I went from 2 cc's to 5 cc's. After that fill I couldn't keep anything down. My weight loss slowed down to almost nothing. Everytime I went back to my Doctor he suggested that I needed to have some removed but I didn't want him to do that. So needless to say I suffered till two weeks ago with throwing up either slime or food every time I ate. If my husband and I went out to eat, I would have to have him stop so I could hang my head out of the car 2 - 3 times on the way home. Not good. Two weeks ago, I went in and had the doctor remove some Fluid. He removed 2 cc's and I have finally been able to eat. I have not thrown up since the un-fill and am able to eat things I haven't ate in a long time. So far 1 fill and 1 un-fill. I go back in Aug and guess I'll see what he does then.:tt2:

AbbyPoo! prgb! Vicki!

I've been haunting through here every so often.... and I too was thinking about how everyone was doing now that we're hitting out 1 year bandiversary!

I'm currently at 236 ..... I've been losing about 5-6 lb/month, with a big stall in the 260's, and now again in the 230's. I've been sitting steady at 236 for 3 weeks now. However, my measurements have been changing, so I'll assume that the 30min/day elliptical might have something to do with it.

I've just started trying to change up my exercise a bit. So I did 20 minutes elliptical, 10 minutes abs, and 10 minutes pilates today. I can already tell that my "core" is sore :unsure:

I started my weight loss journey at 375.5, and lost some before the band as well. So, all told, I'm just about touching 140 pounds down.

Not sure where I'll land. I know I want it to be in onederland. Haven't been in the 100's since I was in my first year of college. (cough, cough..... 1986)

I remember weighing 185 in my senior year of high school. I also remember weighing 135 when I was a sophomore.

I don't think I'll ever be 135 again. My doctor thinks 150. I think I'd be over the moon in the 160s.

So..... that's my goal...... 165

So.... I need to lose 71 pounds more.

Sounds so much less daunting than the 211 pounds I needed to lose when I started my weight loss journey!

Hope all is well with everyone. Vicki..... I'll be interested in hearing about your fill.

I plan on getting one in September when the boys go back to school. I've been at 8.5cc since Thanksgiving.... I've been losing, and still having sliming/pain episodes if I'm not careful.

ABBY...... great job on the healthy diet, babe! We've done the same thing here, except, we're definitely meat eaters! I suck at getting Protein otherwise. Cottage cheese, and regular cheese tends to put my colon on lock-down..... so I have to be careful with those!

Talk to you guys soon!

Love,

Karen

Hi everyone, great to see your familiar faces! Seems like just yesterday we were all stressing and excited about our upcoming surgeries!

I have not done as well so far as I had hoped, but still very happy I had the surgery. I started at 220, and am down to 188. 32 lbs. ALthough its not alot, I really don't think I would have done it on my own, as I had been holding that weight for 10 years. My blood pressure med has been cut in half so far, I'm hoping to get it gone all together.

I must say the slow weight loss is my fault, not the band. I do not eat my Protein as I should, meat is def not my preference! I just started adding Greek yogurt into my diet... Also I have really not picked up my exercise routine. I am very sporadic. SO...all in all I have not USED my band properly. But the band is not going anywhere, and I will persevere! Will not give up. I am thankful I have the band in there and will use it better in my future. You have all done SO great, I'm so happy for all of you, CONGRATULATIONS!

Lisa

:unsure:

Wow, this is awesome, I must say my heavist was January 2009 I weighed in at 254 today I am between 215-220 depending on how much Fluid I retain. which puts me at about 30-35lbs lost which I know I would not be at without my band. I have also went from a size 22 to a solid 16 and my hips went from a 50.5 to a 47, my waist went from a 39 to a 34 so I am not complaining. I finally went shopping for smaller clothes and gave away all of my 22's and 20's and soon the 18's will have to go as well... I still have 65lbs to go to reach my full goal but I want to be under 200 by thanksgiving.

I too need to step up on the workouts and increase my protien intake, I can't eat a lot of meats they just won't go down, I have noticed if I put it in my magic bullet blender I can eat it better. Also I ended up having abdominal surgery to repair a hernia and that took me out of the loop for a while too.

Abby - Congrats on 48lbs and going vegetarian I have noticed that fruits and veges go down well with a little dressing...

Tripletmomma - Congrats you have already lost my total weight I want to lost that is awesome...

Vicki- congrats to you as well 70lbs is about where I thought I would be at this time but that is so good to see you got there.

PRGB - 80lbs is awesome I can't wait to get to the point I want to try life with less Fluid in my band just keep active and you should be fine.

LL67 - we are in the same boat but we know what we have to do get off our booties and get moving, I feel like now I have the food down now I need to get more active...

Congrats everybody

Edited by abingdongirl
needed to add more info

Wow, everyone has done such a good job! I'm so proud of everyone and might I say CONGRATULATIONS on your hard work. I think there is a big misconception out there that losing weight via lap band is effortless, we obviously know otherwise!

Hi all. Wow! EVERYONE is doing so well. Congrats! I don't post often one here, but I read the site most days. I thought today was the perfect day to post. Today is my bandiversay. I am down 68 lbs. I finally have perfect restriction as of two weeks ago and am down 3lbs since my fill. My surgeon is very conservative, so I have had alot of work to do on my own, but I guess it has force me to make some lifestyle changes. I was stuck for quite awhile (like 3 months) bounceing back and forth between 221 and 218. I pretty happy with the loss so far though. Can't wait to get to 199lb. I haven't seen that as an adult EVER!! But I can't believe the things I am able to do this summer that I could NEVER do before so that makes it worth it.

Keep up the good work.

Crystal:thumbup:

Congratulations and Happy Banniversary to everyone. I'm down 65 pounds and recently hit the plateau from hell.

I've gone from size 18/20 pants to a size 12 petite (in jeans no less). I'm still about 20-30 pounds from goal weight. My surgeon agrees that it's time for me to consult with a Plastic Surgeon - Yippee!

I'm meeting with one next week and have an appt with another at the end of next month. I hope to reach my goal in the next 3-4 months and have PS after the holidays - around Feb/Mar 2011.

This has been the toughest thing I've ever done and I'm so very happy that I took the plunge and got the band. This summer I actually swam in my own pool for the first time. I took swimming classes in November (never swam a day in my life) and now I'm in the adult 3 course learning to dive and breast stroke. I have a new lease on life thanks to the band and support I've received. My energy level and confidence is off the charts these days.

Wishing everyone success and continue determination.

HELLO! I WAS WONDERING THE SAME. I STOPPED POSTING BECSAUSE IT SEEMED THAT I WAS THE OLNY ONE HERE TALKING TO MYSELF :) IM HAPPY FOR ALL OF U. IT'S BEEN 1 1/2 YRS FOR ME NOW. I REALLY COULD HAVE USED ALL OF UR ENCOURAGEMENT ABOUT 6 MOS AGO. IM DOWN 47 LBS BUT HAVE JUST STARTED TO GET BACK ON TRACK. i NEED THE SUPPORT FROM U GUYS, AND I GUESS A LITTLE MOTIVATION. I WILL CHECK IN DAILY FROM THIS POINT ON. LETS KEEP IN TOUCH MORE OFTEN, ITS A GOOD THING. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE!!

I was thinking the same thing, I have lost a total of 65 pounds since Aug 09. The back trouble I have had has made this the hardiest thing I have ever had to do. I am currently 19 pounds from goal of 160. I am happy but it would have been so much easier if I had the support I thought I had. Send me a message. I am so proud of all of you.

HELLO! I WAS WONDERING THE SAME. I STOPPED POSTING BECSAUSE IT SEEMED THAT I WAS THE OLNY ONE HERE TALKING TO MYSELF :) IM HAPPY FOR ALL OF U. IT'S BEEN 1 1/2 YRS FOR ME NOW. I REALLY COULD HAVE USED ALL OF UR ENCOURAGEMENT ABOUT 6 MOS AGO. IM DOWN 47 LBS BUT HAVE JUST STARTED TO GET BACK ON TRACK. i NEED THE SUPPORT FROM U GUYS, AND I GUESS A LITTLE MOTIVATION. I WILL CHECK IN DAILY FROM THIS POINT ON. LETS KEEP IN TOUCH MORE OFTEN, ITS A GOOD THING. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE!!

I hope we can get back to the way we used feel about this site. I still need support and to talk about whats going on with band. Aug.4. 2009 was my 2yr bandaversary. I've only lost 50 lbs but not feeling too bad about that because I know what I havent't been doing to get to a better weight loss. today, I walked with my daughter and felt good again. Im getting myself back on track and intend to go ahead and have a mini tuck and everything else that my insurance will pay for. I've now hit my senior yrs but dont want to look or feel like it. for some reason today, the fear that I had of doing that is behind me. I always thought "well, I'm married and not a spring chicken so I dont need to do that". Well, Today I looked in a clothing catalog and saw some very pretty dresses. I havent worn a dress in many a moons. these dresses were sleeveless, so that also means that I have to have my arms done too. I'm going for it. wish me luck!!