Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

at sweet spot-now WHAT CAN I EAT?

:confused:I was terribly frustrated at the fact that I wasnt loosing weight. Infact, my doc even acknowledged that I was "behind pace" (only lost 16lbs in 6 mo!).

I was beginning to give up hope and thought that I might just be one of a tiny few who this procdure didnt work for, but NOW have been feeling elated because 2 weeks ago, I finally felt it when I got my last adjustment . My sweet spot is here!

my only problem is that this past week I have noticed that I can hardly eat ANYTHING except for stuff that is so soft and seems more unhealthy. chocolate, ice cream, creamy Soups. I have tried Proteins like my old usual of mostly lean meats and veggies and now that stuff gets me stuck! surely, there must be some SOFT healthy alternatives? I feel like I am finally loosing weight because Im finally eating dramatically less but I dont want to eat tiny portions of stuff thats bad for me!

any suggestions or shopping lists?

the only things that I have are:

-veggie and fruit juice smoothies

-yogurt

-healthy soups

-oatmeal

-apple sauce

thanks o wise bandsters!

I make turkey chili. That is soft and Protein packed.

I am so there with you about not being able to eat anything. I got my 4th fill 2 months ago and I'm pretty sure I've hit my sweet spot, but can't eat anything hardly. Everything I try just keeps coming back up. Very discouraged

I don't know, being a NEWBIE and all, but it sounds like to me, your band might be too full. Everything I read says at your "sweet spot" you should be able to eat 2-4 ounces and feel full, but not so full that you vomit.

If you can't eat solid foods you might need a slight unfill. A few weeks ago I was getting stuck on random foods that I've eaten a million times and having reflux so I went to the doc. He only took out 0.1ccs of Fluid but it made a huge difference.

Or maybe try only liquids for a few days then slowly progressing to regular foods to give your swelling some time to go down. I get really swollen after pbing and can't do solids for at least the rest of the day.

I also try to have a sauce on almost everything to help it go down. I seriously put Heinz 57 or low fat sour cream on everything! :)

Foods to try:

- tuna or chicken salad

- medium rare filet mignon (any other cut is too hard for me to chew thoroughly)

- any fish as long as it's not overcooked

- Beans

- Chipotle burrito bowl (I only eat about 1/3 at a time)

- crab cakes

- baked chicken

There's also a recipe section of the forum that you might want to check out.

Good luck!

Brocolli is a nice soft vegetable. Crab and most fish are good for me. chicken that is cooked in a sauce makes it easier to go down. Also chewing for food to a nearly puree consistency will help you to be able to eat a lot of different foods. I forgot soft lowfat cheeses such as laughing cow are good with lowfat crackers. Lowfat Peanut Butter. That's if you're allowed to snack. sugar free Jello pudding, sugar free popsickles. Egg salad w/lowfat mayo.< /p>

Edited by W8TYGIRL

thanks for your replies, all. I have been able to eat mostly Soup and tiny amounts of chicken and fish. I am really struggling with my veggie and fruit intake. I still feel I am not getting enough becaue they still get stuck. I may need to get a .1 or .2 unfill. but Im going to give it a little more time because it seems like some days I can get more stuff down than others. its so strange.

Sparkle, I am right there with you. I had minimal restriction up until my last fill. It was June 18th. I now have 6cc's in my 10cc band. I have been getting lots stuck. Even scrambled eggs if cooked too well. I thought it was too much at first but am now learning that I just need to plan, measure and eat the right foods. I do notice that I am more tight after PB'ing or vomiting. That will happen when I don't measure and eat too much or I don't chew well enough. I have to be more careful and follow the rules.....

If you cannot eat solids, it is not a good thing. After a bad stuck episode, I can be tight for a few days and need soft foods. But you should not be relying on slider foods to get you through.

There is a learning curve after a fill that gives you more restriction. Smaller bites and cheweing more take practice. But sometimes our bands are just too full for comfort.

A 0.1cc can be a huge difference!

My edible foods list is similar to Janiece's. I can also eat pork.

I just dont get how you can call it a sweet spot if you cant eat anything! You're too tight and you will no doubt end up eating lots of those unhealthy slider foods. YOu should be able to eat solid food and if you cant, you need an unfill.

But make sure you're eating right - slowly and chewing well.

Hi, newbie here!

I just had my second fill - which puts me at 5cc's. I'm noticing that I get stuck more often, but I think that's my own stupidity for not paying attention to size, and chewing...but, my question is; how can you call it a sweet spot if you can hardly eat anything? I don't 'get' that.

I would think your sweet spot is that place where you can eat your 1cup meal, feel satisfied, and not be hungry for another 3 hours or so. At least this is what the nurse and I discussed.

I'm hoping that I'll be at my sweet spot with this last fill, but it's all up to me now isn't it? Just have to pay more attention to what I'm eating, and HOW I'm eating.

Things that are 'easy' for me to eat are;

tuna salad

Seafood salad

Any mixed salads

pickles

fish

eggs

chicken if it's moist

etc etc etc

Have always been taught - Protein FIRST...then the rest of the stuff (which is hard for me, because I'd rather have salad type stuff first!~)

It could be your eating skills, try this test.

Cut up a 2 oz piece of white fish (that is not over cooked) into pencil eraser sized pieces, put one at a time in your mouth, put down your fork, chew to bits, swallow, wait 15 seconds after swallowing for your next bite.

Add 1/2 a cup of sautéed squash and zucchini and 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes. Make sure you stop before you are full!

If this works it might be the way you eat instead of what you eat. I can eat anything if I eat it like this.

Oh and also, make sure when you try this you are not stressed. When people are rushing around I cant eat much.

Finally called my Doctor and he has me on liquids for 1 1/2 and I will go see him Monday. I really didn't want to have to get unfill but I've been battling with this for two months. Like you sometimes I can eat things and other times the same food gets stuck. It seems that thing cold go down easier. I thought also like it's done before as you loose weight it would loosen up but I've lost 10 pounds which is great but nothing has changed. I sure they will say it's me not handling it good but when you drink coffe or try to eat yogut it gets stuck.

I really gave up meat. Veggie burgers, eggplant, humus does great. all kinds of fish as well. I have reflux at night so I will get a tiny unfill. I'm at 7.5 . I never eat junk.

Please don't think a slight unfill is going backwards. .1 or .2 cc's can make a world of difference. You should be able to eat solid foods, not just soft foods. Excessive sliming or pbing or acid reflux are signs of being overfilled as well as the inability to eat solid food or drink adequate amounts of Fluid.

Try eating small amounts, chewing thoroughly, allow a little time between each bite. If you feel a tightness or are uncomfortable, wait until it passes before eating another bite. If you are still having trouble then a small unfill may make it much easier to tolerate foods.

Being too tight can lead to alot of problems...that you don't want if you are going to keep this thing in for the rest of your life. When I had a slight unfill, it didn't make a difference in the amount of food I ate, it just made it more comfortable to eat without alot of problems. Try and find a happy medium.