Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sore Breasts

This may be too much information, but as I've read posts on here about bowel movements, sex and nicked nipples, I'm thinking ya'll can handle this lol.

For the past week or so, I've noticed that every time I take off my bra (which is the first thing I do when I walk in the door heh), my breasts hurt. Not like a stabbing pain or anything, but a sagging pain, as if they've been put in a putty machine and pulled.

Now, I've lost about 75 lbs, and my measurements around have gone down a good bit (ribcage, under bra), but my cup size is still a whooping big ole G cup. Is it possible that as my frame decreases, this will become a common occurrence (sore breasts I mean, as I know they're gonna sag til I get em cut off)? Has anyone else experienced something like this or am I just a freak? lol

Jess ur not a freak

i reckon this comes with your fantastic weight loss

hope u feel betta soon

maybe go and see a doc about this

Have you bought new bras? I noticed that my breasts hurt at the end of a day when I'm wearing an ill-fitting bra. They might be aching with Water retention, hormone release, or just with a change of size, but you're not imagining it. I definitely had the same thing.

Go invest in a couple of new bras, with the right band size. I went from a 44 F (when I'd admit it) to a 38DD; even if your cup size doesn't change much the band size makes a big different in how it fits.

Your body could be changing with age and the weigh loss, are you near Aunt Flo's visit? Some times that'll do it for me.

Could you be pregnant? :(

I agree...time to bra shop. I get much better support with a smaller band now that I have lost inches at the ribcage/bra band. I'll bet that would help alot. Take good care of the girls!!

I've lost drastic amounts of weight many times and it has never bothered the girls. My guess is that it's more related to your hormones. Fat holds estrogen, and as you lose weight your bosy has to constantly adjust its hormone levels to accomodate (e.g. often when people gain weight, their skill will break out). A lot of women have sore or tender boobs before or during their period (or, as already pointed out, pregnancy).

Not to steal your thread, but I can't keep my bra straps up, what gives with that? My cup are filled and the around feels good, weird.

My chest, upper boobs, is tender for a few days if I lift something too heavy. Have you lifted something heavy recently?

Are you sure there isnt a baby on the way?

Sore boobs that lasted more then 2 days are a sure ssign of early pregnancy symptoms for me!

In the words of another wise LBT'er -"I could've written this post"

Me too--The girls, itch and scratch, and darn it I've noticed they are taking on the shape of a large long banana--not a dancing banana either.

The batwings have firmed up along with other parts of my body. Looks like the boobs are just gonna get longer and leaner. I always thought I would be happy if any part of me got longer and leaner--just didn't think it would be the boobs.

LOL I love you guys!!

My dear hubby had the snip a few years ago, so if I'm preggers, I'm in heaps of trouble hahaha.

I'll take myself to the brashop today. I had bought two new ones a while back, but now they're too big .. I just hate sinking $100 (I've only found one shop nearby that carries a 34G and they mark it up heaps) into a new bra when I know I won't be able to get much use out of it :/

Thanks everyone :(

That happens to me every month the wek before my period. I know that hormones change as you loose weight, so maybe it's all hormonal???? Also, if I have had too much caffeine for a few days in a row that will happen. Hope your feeling a little more perky (hehehe sorry...) real soon!

Jess,

Another thing you might consider is wearing a semi- loose sportsbra type thing when you take the regular bra off after work. Sometimes mine bother me and putting them back IN a bra seems to help..

We have some well-endowed ladies around here! Me and my B/C's are happy and pain-free. :(