Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So- I am struggling.. 4 weeks without the scale moving, my first thought was get a fill.. but i really dont think i need one,, i just had lunch and i amfull on 15 slices of turkey pepperoni and 2 string cheese and 3/4 of a yogurt,, I couldnt possibly need a fill.

Is it normal to have platues and not need a fill?? Getting discouraged and would really like to start seeing some progree. i would hate to think that this is as far as i get.

Whillow -

I've hit plateaus too and they are frustrating! When I hit one I usually reassess everything I am doing. Am I getting in my minimal amount of Protein, making good food choices, eating the right amount of calories, drinking my Water, exercising. How often am I getting hungry, am I snacking? Etc.

You didn't really say what all you are doing but as a fellow pepperoni lover I think (if I remember right) that it is high in sodium. So maybe just keep an eye on your sodium intake too. I love salty things but even with the band I can have a higher sodium day without even realizing it.

I just keep reminding myself if I'm following the guidelines the scale WILL move, but sometimes it takes a lot of patience. In the meantime remember to take your measurements, even when I haven't seen the scale move I've been losing inches.

Hope this helps!

So- I am struggling.. 4 weeks without the scale moving, my first thought was get a fill.. but i really dont think i need one,, i just had lunch and i amfull on 15 slices of turkey pepperoni and 2 string cheese and 3/4 of a yogurt,, I couldnt possibly need a fill.

Is it normal to have platues and not need a fill?? Getting discouraged and would really like to start seeing some progree. i would hate to think that this is as far as i get.

i to have had this happen several time then usually I will drop 5lbs the next time i step on the scale. ive learned to increase my calories for a few days then drop them back down and that seems to help alot.

Thanks!

I have a journal i bought just to use to keep trackof what i was eating and i never did, I am going to put it in my purse and start -

maybe ill switch up the pepperon for some sliced turkey and see if that helps-- i had lunch at nooon and i got a little hungry so i am eating an apple right now.. no peel.

you suppose that is ok or should i not be hungry lol.. so sad

yep, that's what i usually do... switch something up whether its eating different food or changing my exercise routine. good luck!

scratch that.. full after half and apple lol...

Water is not going well,, i seem to br drinking diet ice tea in place of it

Though what you are eating is healthy it has a lot of salt. Try dropping your sodium for a few days and see if it helps.

It's not something i eat but 15 slices of turkey pepperoni sounds like a lot to me. Isn't it high in fat? Wouldn't it be better to have less slices and add more vegies?

Whillow -

I track all my food and fitness on dailyplate.com. It keeps track of your Protein, calories, carbs, sugars, fat, sodium, etc. Watch out for the prepackaged deli meats - I bought some 2 weeks ago and had some for my lunch - when I entered the turkey on daily plate I couldn't believe the amount of sodium in the shaved turkey. I try to stick to nonprepared foods when I can, but life happens. A site like dailyplate will make you aware of what you are eating (they have a great database of tons of regular and restaurant foods). So you may want to consider that. You can also track your exercise - it's fun to see how many calories you are burning, as well as your Water intake. The regular version is free -- the gold version costs.

If you are truly hungry between meals (not head hunger) and eating more than what your doc suggested (I aim for 1000-1200 calories) it may be time for a little bit of a fill. I journal what time I eat each day if I'm questioning whether I need a fill or not, but I also need to be aware of whether I am truly hungry or just bored :scared2:

15 slices, 2 cheese sticks and 3/4 cup a yogurt(in one sitting) I couldn't do it.

I think I have 8 cc in my Realize Band. Some days I can barely eat anything, other days I am ravenous. Since my fill on 04/19/10 I've lost 12lbs for a total of 42 (1/8/10 surgery date)

Today:

B: Egg whites on a sandwich thin

S: A few almonds(less than 10 and less than a handful)

L: A serving of lunch meat turkey and a string cheese, a fit and active 100 calorie pack of cheezits(which were barely enough to sneeze at)

Who can tell me if this sounds restricted?

plus I try to get to the YMCA 2-3 days a week.

OKay - I should say the pepperoni is small,, each slice is smaller than a quarter - it equals the size of one slice of turkey meat from the deli.. yes i have tested it lol...

Its not 3/4 of a cup it almost 3.4 of the 6 oz container.. closer to to half.

I know from using fit day that I am not hitting 1200 cals a day.. not even close.

I entered all my foods for today and the break down is

558 Cals

23 grams fat

59 Grams carbs

38 Grams protien

So i can see that my carbs are too high,, and I definitely need more Protein.

OKay - I should say the pepperoni is small,, each slice is smaller than a quarter - it equals the size of one slice of turkey meat from the deli.. yes i have tested it lol...

Its not 3/4 of a cup it almost 3.4 of the 6 oz container.. closer to to half.

I know from using fit day that I am not hitting 1200 cals a day.. not even close.

I entered all my foods for today and the break down is

558 Cals

23 grams fat

59 Grams carbs

38 Grams protien

So i can see that my carbs are too high,, and I definitely need more Protein.

558 cals is not enough for the day.. is that your normal total? U should try to get around a 1000.. Your body is going to into starvation mode, its going to hold onto every ounce of fat it can cause it thinks its dying...

During the week yes, that is my norm - lunches are very hard for me and I have found the pepperoni and cheese and some yogurt to go down with no embarrassing issues.

I am going to add a Protein shake in mid day after lunch that will get some more Protein and some more cals in....

I cancelled my fill for today because i know i dont need one....need to get things going again the scale not moving is really starting to upset me