Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

random restriction?

I'm a month post-op, and have 3 wks until my first fill. I can go days without any restriction at all, and have been able to eat whatever I want (altho of course I'm trying to stick to the small amounts recommended). Then all of a sudden (on an empty stomach) I can feel some restriction, and am getting some heartburn. Seems kinda strange, but I am welcoming the restriction in whatever form it takes :smile:

Anyone have any similar issues? Thanks, Sharon

hi - I was banded on 2/3/10. Once the swelling was gone and I had normal feeling of restriction from strictly the device (without fills) I could feel full on 4-5oz of food. NOW - 2 fills later - I sometimes feel hungry even after the 4-5oz of food. I have a total of 4.5cc in my band. I worry that something is wrong like a streched pouch or something because I don't feel as full as before the fills! :smile:

Some days are better then others, each morning I really can't have anything until 10-11am but I have never felt so tight that I have had reflux. I did not have a problem with reflux prior to the surgery though. don't know if this helps at all.

Thanks, 'outside', for replying. I'm feeling better today and think I must have overeaten and my body was telling me to lay off. I'm back on liquids today, and maybe for a few more days, and really hope that will quell the tightness and heartburn.

Appreciate the input! Sharon

I honestly didn't feel restriction till abut my 5th fill...until then it was diet and exercise for me.

I find that certain things like not getting enough sleep or not getting in enough fluids make my band tighter...

I find that certain things like not getting enough sleep or not getting in enough fluids make my band tighter...

Me, too. And PMS and stress....it took a while to begin making connections, but the randomness is beginning to make sense now.

Me, too. And PMS and stress....it took a while to begin making connections, but the randomness is beginning to make sense now.

Betsy, do you log any to figure it out? I've been thinking I need to, but can't quite figure out the form.

OP, I just started feeling some restriction with my second fill. But before, I would randomly get stuck on something that had totally not been a problem ever before.

I don't log how I feel, restriction-wise, on a daily basis. I do, however, log unusual stress, my period, and what I eat and drink--and that helps me pin down what's going on when I do have some sort of confusing restriction question in my mind.

Really, things tend to dawn on me as I crouch in the bathroom, coping with something stuck. I don't have consistent restriction, so when I get stuck, and it's not due to obvious user error (like swallowing a pill that is too large), I do try to make sense of it if possible.

(A bit of TMI to follow...) This happened to me last night, with a food that simply should not have been a problem, in a quantity far below what should have presented a problem. I was able to determine that this last happened right before my last period. And checking dates...sure enough--I knew that was it. I woke up this morning with my period.

So now I know to keep a closer eye on dates and really listen to my body carefully when the timing's right (or, really wrong!)

Did that make any sense?

tons, thanks for the insight.

I tend to not put 2 and 2 together sometimes. I need to slow down and think sometimes.