Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6cc no restriction !!!!!!!

I have just had a fill of 2cc taking me up to 6cc........he said liquid for 3 days......i am so depressed that this is not working, i went out and drunk 1.5 bottles of wine and a portion of chips with ketchup......just to test it......no change a bit of burping.......what is wrong????

He guaranteed me that i would have restriction ?? NO RESTRICTION what is happening???

They say you have to eat healthily.......since this operation nothing i have been told has worked is there something wrong with the band??

initially i followed the whole plan but nothing changed..... i feel i have been given a placebo... i am based in the UK what can i do!!!!

Please all positive comments greatly appreciated.....

Rgds

Nothing's wrong with your band. You just don't have restriction yet. It's not unusual---not by a long shot. I didn't feel restriction until I got to 7.3 in an 11-cc band. And now that I'm a few weeks out from that, I realize I'll need (at least) another fill.

You're in the same boat we've all been in---many of us still are occupying the same boat. It's unfortunate your doctor did not prepare you for this.

You ask, "What can I do?" Well, for starters, STICK TO YOUR PLAN. Being hungry doesn't absolve you of responsibility for this. Yes, you'll be white-knuckling it for a while. But you will get to restriction sooner rather than later---and then it will not be as difficult.

"Testing" your band to see whether it can withstand wine, potatoes, and ketchup is just...well, it's rather akin to having a temper tantrum. I understand your frustration that things aren't proceeding as quickly as you'd like--and that they're not as effortless as you'd like (yet). But this is a pretty risky way to handle those feelings.

How often will your doctor do an adjustment? I would schedule your next for the soonest possible time.

Yep you are right Betsy this was/is a temper tantrum, i think i just dont know enough about this LB biz....

I mean i have been pondering events so far, is it normal for your 1st fill to be 4cc?.........

And your 2nd to be 2cc?.......

I done all that i did to try and test band...to induce vomitting!!....i know this is incorrect attiude....

but i guess i just want to know it is all working!! how else can i test band.....filled today and i have eat on it straight away.....no probs...my next fill is 1/6/10

so i'm thinking this aint working.......burping a lot tho.....whadiya think??????

Rgds

Don't fret! I had 12 fills before I had any restriction! My DR would only give me a tiny fill each time. I was going mad waiting! I finally have restriction. But don't think restriction is the magic bullet. A lot of bad stuff just slides right past the band .... chocolate, ice cream, wine.... I thought once I got restriction the weight would just fall off! I could not have been more wrong. Be prepared to work with the band. It's something I'm just learning to do. Good Luck!

Hello! I too am in the same boat. I had 5.5 cc for my first fill and nothing. It is so hard and I do have bad days but I am still trying (or should I say struggling greatly).

I have to say it is nice that I am not the only one.

It is not the easy fix, I guess I knew that but was hoping it would be a little bit easier than this.

Hang in there. I know how discouraging it can be when you hear it will take 4-5 or even 9 fills. that is also months for me because my dr only fills about once a month or every 6 weeks.

Let me know how it goes for you. Be careful and good luck!!!!

My Doctor told me that most people have around 8cc to get restriction. I had no restriction at 8cc but couldn’t eat with 9cc. It's crazy how little can do so much. I'm at 8 1/2 cc and Its perfect. Trust me I was where you are just give it another fill.

I am in the same boat. I was banded on Oct 1, 2009 i now have 6cc and no restriction. My dr is now going to do a fill under fluro next week to see what's going on. I'm praying nothing has happened to my band.

I've read alot of post and realize i have to be patient but it's getting harder and harder to stay strong. I'll have my answers next week and hopefully be at my sweet spot.

Hey BetsyB! I am new on here and I was banded 1-20-10 but I've only lost 30 pounds so far. We started at the same weight too! How did you lose so much so quickly? I have 6.5cc in a 9cc band and I feel some restriction but I'm still eating about 900-1200 calories a day. I understand everyone's frustration, I stick to the plan very well and exercise every chance I get and I feel like I'm a failure! But I'm not giving up! At least I'm not gaining! Thank you guys for all the posts this really helps me.

Yep, my first fill was 4 cc, and my second was right around 2. The third took me up to 7.3 cc---and that was snug at first, but not so much now, a few weeks later.

It's so frustrating, but it just takes time to reach restriction. And there's so much variance--some people achieve it more rapidly.

Hang in there---it is SO hard now, but it gets lots better.

Hi Guys,

I must admit today at the fill the Dr said...

"Don't panic you will get there.....we just carry on doing what we are doing slowly bit by bit and it will come"

However you know how you desperately want this to work and i was operated on 27/1/10, i lost 27 lbs in pre and post op.....and since then with 2 fills i have put on 10 lbs!!!!

Thanx to everyone who have posted positive comments today.....this keeps me going.......please keep them coming!!

You stop me from hanging myself!!!....(Joke)

Rgds

Guys......guess what!!!!

I think i am on the verge of restriction!!

Had nothing to eat all day, had liquid lunch couple of beers and then about 5pm had a couple more beers....so feeling hungry now dropped off into Kentucky ordered 3 pieces and fries (diet style no bread Buns etc.) however they gave me the ketchup container!!!

Now when i got thru 1.8 pieces of chicken (only breast diet style!!) i started to get like bad heartburn and i felt the food wasn't going down properly like it was backing up in my throat........I had to eat more slowly...I was trying to avoid coughing it up!!

So I really had to slow down to finish off the rest!!.... well I wasn't leaving it!!! it was a struggle!!!

I was going to go out and drink a load more beer.....but I knew I couldn't......so I just come home, hence I am writing this post and am about to have a cup of tea. I finished eating over an hour ago.

To all you pro banders out there 8cc and above!!!......is this the start of restriction?

Rgds

Hey all,

What is all this restriction business? I'm 12 days away from surgery and have no idea what restriction is? Is that when your stomach tells you it doesn't like what you are eating? My dr hasnt' told me anything about fills yet either. So I have no idea about fills and restrictions. Maybe I should be asking more questions to my dr.

I'm at 7.5 cc in my 10 cc band and I still don't have restriction. I was banded 12/11/09. I will get another fill in a few weeks and I'm hoping it is the "magic" one and I have restriction with that one. This last fill (from 6.5 cc to 7.5 cc) really helped alot, the most of any, and made me finally realize the band was actually there and helping. Before that it was all me doing the work and I was really getting discouraged. Although I have been losing weight, I wanted better results by now.

I understand your frustration but don't sabotage yourself. Stick with your plan and learn to work with what you have. Good luck!

I haven't been on this site in months - I lost my job and health insurance this past August after being banded in May. Fills are $200 each, and we just haven't been able to swing it.

I have not lost a single pound in months. I exercise, but I know I need to(and am working very hard on) eat better, just hard to stay on track at home all day.

But I didn't come on here to bi***! I came on here to research what is wrong with me because I have had 3 fills and feel very little restriction. Thank God I am not the only one! It is very heartening to hear that it may take 5 or more fills - I thought maybe it was not going to work, that I had gone through all that for nothing!

To LisaanneJ

Maybe to all.......these Dr's do a lot of pre LB theory with you about how it works blah blah......but it seems that once the op is done (money paid!!!) they don't want to talk to you no more!!

None of them told me about post LB theory.....restriction etc, i had to find all that out on this site (thank god for its existence!!)

However i think that they just know it will work and all these questions that we ask until we get there are just a wast of time and effort and they probably get so much of it they have learnt to ignore it. All they ever emphasis is diet diet and diet which they know is the main point!!

So it appears everyone gets there eventually its just that you have to do your post LB learning on sites like these......!!

Rgds