Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Jayaseelan?

Guest Jenn421

Great, thanks for the support, let me know how Joy does on fill.

yes I was banded 1/16/05 and he's the best, he's done the most in dallas, it's all he does, he has 3 centers; great support group, great staff; very caring and understanding; go to one of his seminars and you will be impressed;

Yep, we're scheduled to go to the support group meeting this Thursday, the 2nd. Joy will be getting her first fill that afternoon and we're going to stick around and check it all out.

ok; how are you doing didi; i was banded by dr. jay on the 16th; i go this wednesday for my 2 week check up; i had lost at first but this 2nd week with some soft foods, starting to gain back up; kind of scary; i don't know when he will do the first fill; i have soreness to the belly and that bothers me some, a lot of people say that is normal even 2 weeks out; sometimes it feels like it is stinging/burning, who knows; did everyone lose weight and not gain anything back???????????? before the first fill?????????????????

Jamoorse, I'm doing fine so far. Didn't go back to work today but gonna try for tomorrow. A little pain on the big incision but not much. I discovered I am allergic to the adhesive on the bandages & have red itchy squares around each one but the actual incisions look pretty good. And most of my strips have already come off, a little early I think but all looks & feels OK. I haven't gained any yet, so am still down about 10 lbs from the liquid diet. Remember Dr Jay says most important thing right now is to HEAL. Weight loss to come soon don't worry.

you are going back to work already, oh my, i had mine the 16th and not going back yet; i also have red marks and soreness from the bandages; yeah i thought his office had said by the time the people come in for their first fill they have gained from post op time; are you sleeping in your bed; i can't yet; getting out of a car is tough for me; where do you work

Yeah I slept in bed from 1st day. Even on my belly. No problemo. Sorry you're not doing as well, hope it gets better soon. No trouble getting in & out of car either. I work sitting at desk doing computer stuff, nothing physical. Let us know what Dr Jay says.

Wish I could go to support group but I think will be at work, what time is it Feb.2? I work evenings.

DiDi,

I am soo glad to hear that everything went well. I have kinda been out of the loop for a few days and I am just checking in. I am now 13 days post op and I have lost 15 pounds now but I think I have platoed.. I weighed this morning and I am still the same weight I was three days ago... I am on mushy solids now and it feels soo good to be able to eat again. I will go back and see Dr. Jay on the 8th and talk about my first fill. I think I am going to try to get it early so that I don't end up gaining any weight.. This has been harder physicoligically then anything but each day gets a little easier.. I am very determined and this is what keeps me going.. I hope all is well with you and I can't wait to hear from you..

Have a Great Day !

Hi this is Julie, Julie; i go to see Dr. Jay today at 1:30, I am two weeks out of surgery;i too am on mushy foods and i hd lost 14 lbs but i see a couple pounds creep'n up; i have been told that the main thing is healthy and yes there could be some weight gain until the fills start; i have even been walking a mile + to keep it even but you have to admit going from broth to eggs, Beans etc is going to put some on; the sugar fre pudding chocolate is to die for.

Hi Julie ,

How did your visit go ? I go back to see Dr, Jay on the 8th for my two week check up.. I had real food today for the first time and I did good but I ate too much to fast and felt miserable afterwards.. I am hungry all the time it seems and I am feeling less and less restriction.. I am wondering if he will do my first fill early .. my incisions are healing beautifully . I still have tenderness where my port is but I hear that is to be expected. I have resumed all activites and I have more energy now then I have had in a long time and it feels great.. I will have to try that chocolate pudding .... keep me posted on your progress and I will do the same .. Have a good day and keep in touch ..

I'll be at work & miss the support group :-(

Hey I guess I spoke too soon about not feeling bad. Am now starting to feel pain & tenderness at the big incision, I think that's where the band went in & the port is? But liquid Vicodin sure helps. I too see Dr Jay on the 8th 3pm, maybe will see you there, Julie. I'm the tall blonde with glasses who needs a haircut bad. Maybe I'll get it cut by then. OH! I will be 50 then, my b-day is 7th. So I guess I'll look real O-L-D.

I found a new pudding Kozy Shack Tapioca sugar-free, think it came from Tom Thumb, maybe Albertson's.

My visit went well; i am still off for another week which is fine i guess; i had lost 18 lbs and very normal to have soreness, stinging and twingy feeling around the port, it's all healing; it's major surgery in the stomach and not all heal fast; eating mushy and soon normal food and first fill the 20th; he assured me all is very well and going as planned