Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded March 29th. Any UK bandsters near this date?

HI, I was banded on March 29th, and was wondering if there are any UK bandsters close to this date?

I am struggling with band gas, and lots of restriction at the moment. Feeling down in the diddly dumps....

hi there

i was banded 1st april post op 4 days now, i am having gas pain too and uncomfy feeling round the port area.

i also felt down 2 days post op but i am feeling quite positive now. i was bandaed by professor macmahon at leeds nuffeild hospital.

where were you banded?

how are you feeling today?

id be more than happy to help you and share our experiences.

hope your well xx

sharon

hi there

i was banded 1st april post op 4 days now, i am having gas pain too and uncomfy feeling round the port area.

i also felt down 2 days post op but i am feeling quite positive now. i was bandaed by professor macmahon at leeds nuffeild hospital.

where were you banded?

how are you feeling today?

id be more than happy to help you and share our experiences.

hope your well xx

sharon

Hey Sharon. What a whinger I am! Sorry. I am feeling so sore in my tummy still. Just feels like it wont go away, but I know it will.

I was banded by David Hewin in Cheltenham (he did Fern's!), at the Nuffield. I decided to pay,as my local nhs wouldnt even consider me because I wasnt fat enough! Damn, should've eaten more pies.....

Im feeling windy, like ive got a tummy ache now. What sort of 'food' intake are you coping with? I have much more restriction than I thought I would have. Am only managing Tomato Soup, and chicken broth and peppermint teas at the moment.

Hope you are well too. Take care, Jo xxx

Hi everyone, I had my band and a hernia repair done on the 27th Mar in Dolan Park Hospital in Birmingham. I actually live in Dublin but since I had surgery done in the UK, close to your dates I thought I could respond.

Like all of you, I was really struggling with the gas and pain in the left shoulder till Thurs when it finally settled down. Yours too, will settle and when it does, you'll realise how great you feel! I found walking really helped, quite a few nights I had to get up a couple of times and walk because the pain was so bad

Keep saying to yourself that this will pass soon.

Good luck everyone and keep in touch!

Maree

Hi, I too was banded in March, 16th though. Thankfully the gas pains are well away. It does get better, honest.

Looking forward to sharing our journeys together.

hi girls

yes we can keep check on each others progress.

jo i am too on the same sort of Fluid intake at the moment but not feeling too restricted now did first 2 days though probably down to swelling not bad now though. just had an oxo drink ooohhhh yummy hey ? roll on the next stage.

it would be great to heat how you all do and i cant wait to see how we all carry on with this journey it is life changing, but im feeling very positive .

just to let you guys know there is a great live chat on here its really beneficial and the folk on there will gladly support you.

love to you all

x shaz x

cos i dont know how to make that ticker thingy work my stats below

start 1/04/10

start weight - 198

weight now - 189

target weight - 140