Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to the forum will be banded april 14th!

I know what you mean about warm food. I want warm food and I like being able to chew something! My surgery was scheduled for noon. When I went to my pre op testing, they told me it had been moved to 9:30. At this point, I really dont know the exact time. My hospital said they will call the day before with the time to arrive. I say, the earlier the better. All I have to do is wake up, shower and go. I dont think I would be good at waiting around until noon. Plus the sooner the surgery, the earlier I will get home. I am hoping I got bumped to a 7:30 or 8 am surgery. Who knows! Only 2 more days everyone! :confused:

Which for those of us on the protien shake only diet means only 10 more protien shakes!!

Two more days!! I can't wait!! I hope it continues to go by fast!! What all are you bringing to the hospital with you? I am just bringing gas-x strips, a pillow, my i.d. and my insurance card!! I am going to go ahead and just wear my pajamas because they are the most comfortable thing I have, and they definetly don't put pressure on my stomach!!

Hello all! I'm to be banded on the 15th. (Tax day..yay? LOL) and am excited as well. It's been a long time for me..job changes..starting the process(es) over and over again, but this time, it's gonna happen! A tad apprehensive, but I too, feel it's a tool and am prepared to the changes!

I plan to wear pj's! I am going to bring a pillow, my ID and insurance card also. It might be difficult to get some sleep tonight. Hopefully I can put this in the back of my mind so I can get some rest tonight. If not, I am sure I will make up for missed sleep with those post op pain killers! :thumbup:

Good luck to all of you on the 14th! I will be banded on the 26th of April. I was wondering what these Protein Shots you are talking about? By the way I am a nurse too, do you think they should of told us in nursing school that nursing adds to weight gain. All that food laying laying around on the break table it seems I was skinny and 20 and I blinked my eyes and am fat and forty! I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers on the 14th. dont forget to let us know how you are doing so we know what to expect

Good luck to all of you on the 14th! I will be banded on the 26th of April. I was wondering what these Protein Shots you are talking about? By the way I am a nurse too, do you think they should of told us in nursing school that nursing adds to weight gain. All that food laying laying around on the break table it seems I was skinny and 20 and I blinked my eyes and am fat and forty! I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers on the 14th. dont forget to let us know how you are doing so we know what to expect

Believe me, teaching makes you gain weight also. School lunches are the worst and the stress really packs on the pounds. I LOVED Protein shots post op. It was an easy way to get the protein in and was considered a clear liquid by my surgeon. I got mine from GNC. They are called New Whey 42g. Walmart sells some also, but they are only 26g or something like that. I just spent the extra and got the 42 ones that way I only had to drink one. They aren't the best tasting things, but they are easy to get down, since it is only 3 1/2 oz each. Good luck everyone with your surgeries.

Hi everyone! I've been in so many forums lately I neglected my thread! Oops! =) so we are down to the wire! I got the call today from the nurse @ my outpatient center with all the night before instructions & the same old what are you allergic to questions! I'm soo ready to go! I couldn't sleep today I am so anxious.

Baptistthom congrats on your surgery date & I totally agree about the Snacks at the nurses station- every holiday is like a buffet of Desserts & the starbucks runs are merciless! If we have an unusually high # of admits our DON treats us to pizza & krispy kream! =/ Last xmas a couple of us actually took our fbs at the top of the shift & again at the end just to see the change we joked 'can we sue for this like those mcdonalds customers?' Haha But I suppose that's the threat with any stressful job environment. No time to eat so you eat what's around! But yes like someone said the Protein shots can be found at any GNC & most pharmacys. I bought the ones from walmart- theyr about $2.29 & are 26g & 100cal. Idk if its just me but they have a gelatin-like consistency so they're actually kind of filling & its a nice break from the chocolate/vanilla/strawberry flavors of the Protein shakes! =)

Haines, you're right on our heels! Congrats on all your life changes! I hope your surgery goes smoothly as well! I'm sure ill be the one to come on late weds half drowsy on pain killers to want to update! =)

To the surgery center I'm wearing a muu-muu! My grandma left me many (passed away a few wks ago) so I decided to wear one. Keeps me from having to bend to get pants off as well. I'm bringing a splint pillow, gas x, wallet & my phone! =) Jaxie & Purple you both will be in my prayers weds as I get wheeled in the OR! One last day I hope we all find a good distraction & maybe catch a few winks of sleep!

I am getting so excited and nervous all at the same time. I have never had surgery before, but thanks to all the stories on here I kind of know what to expect. I have made sure to pack my day full of activities so that hopefully it will it fly by! I have to work today from 8-4:30, come home, edit my paper that is due tonight by midnight, and then I am off to see Mary Poppins. It is the broadway adaptation they are playing here. Then it is off to bed. I hope and pray that I can sleep!!

Well tomorrow is the day! I went to work this morning. It was hard to take my mind off of surgery. I have been fasting since 2pm today. I am so nervous I havent really thought about food. I am hungry, but I am not starving. I got a call that I need to be at the hospital by 8 am. My surgery was at noon so I am glad they moved me up. I will be able to get home sooner now. I had a good conversation with my surgeon on Monday. She answered all my questions and made me feel more comfortable with what is going to happen. I will probably go to bed early because I have to get up at 6. It takes me an hour to get to the hospital. I am glad to know that I am not going to be alone tomorrow. I will be thinking about all of you!

Sashay and Jaxie, good look on your surgeries tomorrow! When you wake up in recovery, you will be on your way to a new you. Update tomorrow when you feel up to it.

Good luck to all of you. You are taking a giant step toward improving your health and your lives.

Its past midnight I'm trying to force myself to sleep now! Thank u all for the well wishes. Jaxie & Purple good luck tomorrow as well! Just a few more hours! Yee! Goodnight!

Good Luck Jaxie and Shay!! I am saying a prayer for you ladies that all goes well. I too was up until way past midnight, and of course awake again at 4:30am!! I am leaving for the hospital in 30 minutes!! Update us when you can!! See you on the banded side!

I am back!! According to my doctor, everything went great. He repaired a LARGE hernia. Said I should be very happy with that, but cause it was what was causing all of my heartburn. I am sore at my port site, and not so much on my left shoulder. It is not too bad. I am tired, but I am doing well, had some V-8 juice and a sugar free popsicle. I will update more when I am not so tired!!