Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those of you who aren't hungry...

how many calories do you eat per day?

I'm curious because w/my last fill, I am just not hungry... ever! I'm only on my third day out from it and my doctor's rule is to be on liquids for 72 hours. Truthfully, I've never been able to abide by this rule before. I've always been too hungry. But, this time it is no problem. I am not hungry at all, ever, since this fill. I've been having a cup of broth or Soup and a Protein shot (about 150 calories total) for lunch and dinner. And, tea and a Protein shot (about 120 calories) for Breakfast. So, I'm only having about 420 calories per day even though I'm getting 75 grams of protein in.

Even though I'm not hungry, though, this doesn't seem like an adequate amount of calories... or is it because my body has ample access to lots of fat stores. LOL I should add that I feel more energetic than ever. And, I'm doing Jazzercise every day too right now (one hour aerobics). I feel so great and absolutely zero physical hunger. I can't get over it.

Anyway, though, my question is for those of you who have reached this level of restriction where you never feel hunger, how many calories do you eat per day then? And, have you found that if you go to low, that your weightloss slows... metabolism shuts down? I am clueless because I've never been able to tolerate less than 1500 calories a day without feeling like I'm starving and actual physical pain in my stomach.

I eat at least 800 calories a day, often 1000. I am losing steadily. I may not be hungry, but I still like to eat!

Hi, I so cant wait to be at this stage. I am just 15 days banded and feel ravenous. It is so reassuring to know that it gets better after a fill. Well done you.

I also eat between 800 and 1000 calories per day. If I eat more than that, I feel bloated and uncomfortable. I never thought that would happen. I've had such a big appetite my entire life.

I am the same as far as feeling absolutely no hunger, I am 2 weeks post op and have felt like that since I woke up. I am taking in between 400-500 calories a day (mostly the Protein drinks) and feel no weakness or side effects from not taking in enough calories, guess my body's got plenty to convert into energy if it needs to (like my butt).

I asked my doctor about the calorie intake and he said it would get higher naturally as I swap from liquid to mushy etc, and he's not concerned that I am starving my body at all at this point. I would guess that once you move off liquids and back onto a mushy or solids diet your calorie intake will climb to normal as well.

how many calories do you eat per day?

I'm curious because w/my last fill, I am just not hungry... ever! I'm only on my third day out from it and my doctor's rule is to be on liquids for 72 hours. Truthfully, I've never been able to abide by this rule before. I've always been too hungry. But, this time it is no problem. I am not hungry at all, ever, since this fill. I've been having a cup of broth or Soup and a Protein shot (about 150 calories total) for lunch and dinner. And, tea and a Protein shot (about 120 calories) for Breakfast. So, I'm only having about 420 calories per day even though I'm getting 75 grams of protein in.

Even though I'm not hungry, though, this doesn't seem like an adequate amount of calories... or is it because my body has ample access to lots of fat stores. LOL I should add that I feel more energetic than ever. And, I'm doing Jazzercise every day too right now (one hour aerobics). I feel so great and absolutely zero physical hunger. I can't get over it.

Anyway, though, my question is for those of you who have reached this level of restriction where you never feel hunger, how many calories do you eat per day then? And, have you found that if you go to low, that your weightloss slows... metabolism shuts down? I am clueless because I've never been able to tolerate less than 1500 calories a day without feeling like I'm starving and actual physical pain in my stomach.

This is off topic but what protein shot do you use?

This is off topic but what Protein shot do you use?

The Protein Shots I use are by Body Choice and are 25g of Protein and 100 calories. They are only 3 oz so fast and easy way to supplement your protein. I've gotten them at costco before and at this website: Body Choice Nutrition

The website had a buy 1 get 1 free offer awhile back. Doesn't look like they have that deal now, but hopefully they will again.

I've been at my sweet spot since last Sept. and fourth fill. I am not extremely tight; I can still eat anything. I'm satisfied with about 1-1.5 C per meal and am not hungry between meals. I eat 1000-1200 on average...if I go much lower I stop losing. Keep the calories above 1000 and keep getting high Protein first and the weight will come off.

I am rarely hungry. Though the head hunger can occasionally drive me crazy. A few months ago I couldn't figure out why I wasn't losing. I thought I was eating too much, so I started charting. Imagine my suprise when I realized I was only eating 600 cals a day!!!!

I upped my cals to between 800 and 1,000 and started losing again (though slowly).