Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need some friends to help me stay the course!

I'm having a weak moment... Just discouraged about the whole process in general (from consult to pre-approval to surgery)

HELP! :huh2:

I might add that Im feeling like the new kid in the sandbox. I think im just a tad overwhelmed here - but i know that this forum will be imperative to my success. :smile2:

I am trying to make it around to all those who have replied to my posts. I'm just trying to get it done with a killer schedule. 9-5 job, jewelry biz @ home, 2 yr old midget, and a hubby that works nights. :sad:

I WILL engage :w00t:

Edited by vanishingvixen
More to say, of course!

I'm having a weak moment... Just discouraged about the whole process in general (from consult to pre-approval to surgery)

HELP! :eek:

I might add that Im feeling like the new kid in the sandbox. I think im just a tad overwhelmed here - but i know that this forum will be imperative to my success. :smile2:

I am trying to make it around to all those who have replied to my posts. I'm just trying to get it done with a killer schedule. 9-5 job, jewelry biz @ home, 2 yr old midget, and a hubby that works nights. :smile:

It always seems like a very long process but I promise you that the wait is worth it. Feel free to email me if you like. When you have the time I would be glad to offer some support to you cc-dmtermini@comcast.net

Hang in there. I promise things will get better for you.

Dawn

Everyone was the new kid in the sandbox at one time.

In no time flat you'll see the next wave of people coming through and you'll feel like an old pro. You can help them out the same way others helped you.

I may be the only one but I actually enjoyed the 5 month wait between consult and surgery. I read and read and read to make sure I was doing the right thing. I think those that have little or no wait are missing out on some quality soul-searching time.

And it's ok to step back from the website a few days at a time. We aren't going anywhere and I promise you won't miss anything vitally important.

Good luck.

btrieger I have to agree with you. I liked the 6 month wait because I learned alot of information from my Nutritionist and reading things about the Lapband. Yes it seemed like the day would never get here but after it did I know I was more prepared for what was ahead of me.

Totally understood!!, but dont forget about your star player in this process ---YOU!!! We give so much to everybody else, itis time for us to love ourselves the same way.

I really understand about being overwhelmed. I am too, but I am just reading and taking everything one day at a time. :smile2:

It's ok to be overwhelmed at this whole situation - I understand. However, this process is a journey, and every journey has its hills and valleys.

Take a little time out for you - sounds like your life is crazy, just like mine. Set aside some time out of your day, keep a journal of how you are feeling (even if its on here) - I have my thankful journal - I have to write at least five things I am thankful for each day before going to bed at night. Some nights it looks like five lame little items, and other nights it can be pages long. But just make sure you take good care of you, too.

Hang in there - this is a life changing (for the better) journey, and that is going to take some time, patience, and shoulders to lean on.

Happy Saturday!

HELP! :eek:

I am trying to make it around to all those who have replied to my posts. I'm just trying to get it done with a killer schedule. 9-5 job, jewelry biz @ home, 2 yr old midget, and a hubby that works nights. :smile:

This is truly a journey and it takes time and committment. It starts when you begin exploring the possibility of surgery and continues for the rest of your life. When I looked at it as the beginning of a new phase in my life it helped me be a little more patient with the process. Another thing I kept reminding myself was that I did npot put the weight on overnight, that took years, so why did I think everything would resolve instantly?

You have a hectic life, but it does sound full and rich. I found this journey only enriched my life. First by improving my health tremendously, both physical and psychological health, then by virtue of all of the wonderful people I have met and continue to meet along the way.

You are doing the absolute right thing by reaching out. You'll make it to the next phase in the journey sooner than you think! You may find some of my stories about my journey interesting. You can find my blog of my journey from 2004 to now atSandi's Banded Living — My Lapband Weight Loss Success Story

I'd be interested in your feedback.

Happy Saturday ALL!

I sincerely appreciate the input & advice. Things are just hectic - and I'm wondering if i can manage it all. My toddler is wearing me out! *lol* That, and my jewelry biz is slowly but surely picking up momentum. I have 4 vendor events in the next month & a half (all decided on prior to me starting this journey) - which is stressful, but exciting. That also means I have to plan my new eating lifestyle into these events (in addition to, of course, creating all of the jewelry designs needed:blink:) then of course, work stuff. And family stuff. and me stuff. *smack forehead*

BUT, I count it ALL joy. I'm going to enjoy the time i have to indeed do some-soul searching and thinking about my life in another year from now. I'm going to enjoy meeting new people traveling this same road, and I'm gonna blog till my heart is content. (im pretty censored here, but on my "real" weightloss blog, i cut loose at times *lol* (The Vanishing Vixen)

All in all - im fully prepared to (and expect to) enjoy this journey. I jsut really have to take a moment to thank God for even getting me here. I've been in denial for so long, it's been unreal (as probably seen in my pics) *SMH*:w00t:

*exhaling* Thanks again!! You'll definately be hearing alot more from me round these parts!

P.S. if you are interested in checking out my jewelry biz that will help finance some of this journey - check it out! :smile2:GGX Home

So as I'm re-reading my reply - it just really hit me where the 35+ lbs weightgain over the past 2yrs has come from :STRESS! Just not sure how to nasvigate around it totally...but I guess ill figure it out over the next couple of months...