Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Elfie I figured out the Facebook thing, but I forgot to ask what time are we suppose to be there for dinner?

LOL...dinner was at 6. Since you didn't make it, I invited my mother-in-law.

Week 3 and no loss. No biggie. I did this before and then dropped over 18 pounds over the next 3 weeks. Maybe we'll do it again? In any case, I'm still down 45 pounds and not gaining it back! I must be losing inches at least because even my husband suggested it was way past time to get some new pants because these are just ridiculously large. So I think I'll take the day off and go shopping (blech) this morning.

It's another gray and rainy day here...my favorite kind of day. I'm told I'd love it in Seattle.

For the first time the pain in my arm started when I was sitting straight up...and was so bad I was seriously thinking of calling the doctor for some pain meds. The patch just took the edge off but I slept pretty badly last night. I am so looking forward to when this idiotic pain stops.

Dottie: In case you didn't see the thread I made just for you...Happy Birthday!

Christie: I think your co-workers should provide a couple bodyguards for the first girl that breaks your son's heart. When my son was 18, a young woman (I won't say lady because she wasn't) wrote my son a snarky little letter telling him she was breaking up with him because he was a 'good boy' and she wanted a 'bad boy'. I wanted to go beat the stuffing out of her but then I realized he had a lucky break. He's now 26 and married for almost 3 (4?) years to the loveliest young woman...the daughter I never had.

HB: You pulled a muscle in your 'butt'? Ok...I will not laugh I will not laugh I will not laugh. Bahahahaha! You know I'm laughing with you...it's just the image. :smile2: My condolences for the snow. It's unseasonably spring-like here...lots of rain and I hear we're heading into the 50's this week. While I'm loving it, I will *not* be pleased if my lilacs start blooming too early and then die when it drops below freezing again. That must've been really scary sliding down your drive! I am so glad to hear you weren't hurt!! Chains...I'm thinking chains.

Bob: You were kicked off Facebook? Dang...and I thought getting kicked out of a drive-in theater was the ultimate! What can I say...we were 18, it was the evening of our high school graduation and we were apparently rooting too loud for the shark in Jaws. :thumbup:

It's not raining right now so I think I'll trot my little vegie dog down the road and back. Have a great day everyone!

Good morning, everyone--happy Monday. Am I the only one whose butt is being kicked by daylight savings time? Ugh, getting up was hard this morning!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DOTTIE!! I hope your day is wonderful. It sounds as though your trip is lovely, so far. Well, except for the food difficulties. What a beautiful part of the country to travel through this time of year--I hope you get to see lots of gorgeous blooming trees.

Bob, I really expected something more scandalous for your ousting from Facebook. Not that I'm recommending that you do anything now; we'd rather keep you around.

I sent you and Christie friend requests. Christie, the pic you have of your son (your profile pic) is ADORABLE. What a beautiful boy!

Elfie--your real name is beautiful, and it suits you perfectly.

Leigha--I'm glad you survived your son's first date. Preston's my 13-year-old son.

Denise--I'm so jealous of your NO trip. Have some mudbugs for me, please. Good protein!

Hummingbird--OUCH! on the muscle pulls. I won't laugh about the butt muscle thing--I know how it hurts. Your grandson sounds like lots of fun--it's premature, I know, but I am really looking forward to grandkids.

Nothing new and exciting on this end. I'm down 1.8 for last week--not stellar, but I've upped my exercise, and suspect I am holding on to some Fluid.

Truman seems to think it's time for our morning constitutional, so I guess I will comply. The sooner I get back here, the sooner I can finish final grades for two of the courses I teach and provide instruction for two others.

THEN I can get on to the fun part of the day: cleaning. I am sure you can all feel my joy and anticipation.

Have a great day, everyone!

Betsy your new pic is so pretty!

Bob---you're such a bada$$ getting kicked off facebook! You rebel you! LOL I accepted your friend request--thanks for requesting me! The gig was AWESOME!!! Everybody had a blast and I actually got hit on quite a bit (shocking since I was working with my husband LOL)

Elfie--I just friended you on FB

Dottie--Happy birthday!!

Betsy--Love the new pic. SO pretty!

Leigha--OMG, funny you should mention. I have been having a helluva a time eating these past few days. I have never been one to take small bites ever during this experience but I HAVE to now!!!!! It's all I can do to get through this chili--have to go very slow! Thanks for all your help and advice--you're the best, chica :-)!

NSV ALERT! Broke down and went shopping just for a few things (most importantly, an outfit to take my hubby out to dinner in on Friday for his bday). Out of habit, I go right to the plus section and they had absolutely nothing for me! I ended up with 3 pair of black pants and a pair of jeans (ALL SIZE 12!!!!!!--they are a little tight, but my 14s are so baggy I have a case of the saggy a$$ LOL) I know the 12s will ease up soon and of course I ended up with 4 or 5 shirts (sizes L and XL)!!!!!!! OMG, in the dressing room, I cried as usual, but these were truly tears of JOY!!!!!!! I am taking a ton of clothes to support group tonight for the clothing exchange, so I felt I deserved to treat myself to a couple of new things. So much for a few things. Everything looked so nice I had to buy it all. I'm not bragging by any stretch but that NEVER happens and I'm beyond excited!!

You guys don't realize how big of a part of my life you are. Your support, advice, just listening when I need to whine and be a baby, and friendship are so integral to my successes, it sometimes pushes me to keep going (even on those bad days when I want to give up!) I love you guys! Thank you all for being there!!!

xo Karen

Thank you for the nice compliments, ladies :thumbup:

Karen--AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME! What fun, shopping and crying out of JOY rather than frustration!

I was pleased to "shop" in my closet, and find that I can wear a pair of 18s that were nowhere near fitting 2 months ago.

(And I discovered that the Hollister shorts my youngest spawn has determined are no longer cool will fit me by the time shorts season rolls around here, too...so I won't have to be naked this summer--or spend money.)

I really like this aspect of this whole process!

Elfie, I think we'd be much better dates than a mother-in-law!

Betsy, the fastest way to my heart is to compliment my boy...little monster looks just like my dad it's hysterical. Being the only grandchild and having poppa wrapped around his little finger just makes it all that more amusing. (and the pic is gorgeous!!!)

Karen-that just makes it even more obvious you are totally hot...I mean, when they hit on you even when your husband is there...sheesh girl, you got it going on!

I've been shopping in my closet...finding things that have been crammed in the back for years, it's ALMOST as good as buying new stuff. I'm going to have break down and buy some new drawers and bras...I spend all day hitching up my underwear (what can I say, I'm a classy girl) and the bras are hooked on as tight as they'll go but still sagging off, the going down a band size works for me, the going down a cup size SUCKS...but c'est la vie!

Hope everyone had a great day, one day closer to Friday!!! Woohoo!!! (oh and fill #3 today, anxious to see how it goes)

I am really enjoying hearing what everyone is up to and learning a little about ya'll every day :wub:

Hi there :tongue2: Mind if I join in?

I'm getting banded in a week and one day. I can't wait! :wub:

Hummingbird, I agree; I'm really enjoying getting to know everyone more each day. This is such a warm, welcoming place.

Speaking of welcoming--Amy, WELCOME! How exciting--banding a week from tomorrow! I look forward to hearing about your progress. :wub:

Christie, I'm glad your son has his poppa wrapped around his finger. Good grandparents are such a blessing. My poor kids got the short end of the stick in that lottery.

Isn't closet-shopping fun? I have actually been "shopping" my my daughter's closet (after swiping my son's shorts :tongue2:). I, too, need new undies, and she is the QUEEN of underwear. Seriously, she can't walk past a store having a sale without stocking up. (When she was doing laundry before returning to school this weekend, she told me, "This is the first time I've done laundry this semester." She probably has 100 pairs...) I draw the line at drawers, but have swiped a couple of bras she never wore, but left behind when she left for school.

I figure it's only fair. For years, my kids have treated everything I own as community property so now it's PAYBACK TIME! :laugh::tt2::smile:

Good luck with Fill #3. Mine is a week from Friday....I have a feeling this is going to be a significant one in terms of result.

What's on everyone's agenda today? It's supposed to be gorgeous here--near 60 and sunny. Truman and I will be heading out for our walk in just a few minutes. Then, I get the excitement of an orthodontist appointment with Preston. I think I will let him stay home for the rest of the school day after the appointment....maybe we will hit the gym. But I also have to get busy, because we're having a party on Saturday, and I have tons to do.

The scale was up an inexplicable 1.4 pounds this morning. I am chalking it up to being female and having hormones. But I don't like it one.single.bit. (There is no way it's "real" weight...but still. It's there. On the scale. Which makes it seem real---and makes me CRAZY. :thumbup::blink::smile2:)

Oh, well. Gotta keep on keeping on. Have a great day, everyone!

Good morning all.

Welcome Amy.

I too was up a pound this morning and can't chalk it up to female hormones. :wub:

I have my 2 week post-op this afternoon. Going to ask if I can try real food. I am supposed to be on pureed for another 2 weeks but I'm feeling adventurous.

Christie- LOL! I haven't been called 'hot' in forever, so thanks for the pick me up! Good luck on your fill! Can't wait to hear an update! I too know the feeling of losing a cup size and the need for new bras. It's amazing though what a good one can do for your shape!

Bob--Hope your post-op appointment goes well. I know you're an adventerous rebel and all, but give yourself some time to heal! You don't want to risk your recovery by starting on solids too soon. Okay, I'm off my soapbox. Good luck!

Amy --Welcome! Glad to have you here! How exciting--one week away! Lots of luck waiting--it will seem like an eternity (it did to me at least!) Glad to be sharing the journey with you!

Betsy--whereabouts are you? Only reason I ask is that we too are expecting 60 degree weather (in Philly). Quite a welcome change from the monsoons we've had since Friday :-(

Had weigh in last night at group. Weighed in at 174. Need to update my ticker and the Easter Challenge. I have a real shot at hitting 170 by Easter (fingers crossed!!!)

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Hi everyone, I'd love to join in as well. Great support is hard to come by. I've told very few people I was banded (on 1/13/10) and so I don't have many people to share my little victories with. I'm in Ky. and though it's cold and gray today I am happier every day since I have the band. For the first time I am beginning to believe I can lose this weight AND keep it off. Amazing!

Hi, Bree--welcome!

Karen, I'm near Chicago--but was born in Philly :wub:

Hi, I'm hesitant about joining in this thread because it's been going on so long plus I have no experience yet, not even a surgery date though I'm told I will be in the latter part of April plus all my belonging issues plus plus plus- breathe!

But I love this thread the bestest, and have read it cover to cover, so to speak, and make sure I check it out every day. I just appreciate all of you so much; your journeys including and not limited to your surgery.

So, hi! Can I play?:wub: