Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

NOOOOO kitty snuff!!!!!

Too funny............... I was expecting something worse too BT

I signed up on Facebook awhile ago, but have never used it.

I went bowling again tonight. It gets me out of the house and keeps me off the streets :wink2:

I can't believe it's Sunday already! It seems like only yesterday that I took my husband to the airport. While he's been busy helping my son and his wife move into their first new home in Florida, I've been enjoying an unseasonably warm week here in Michigan by spring cleaning my house. I have a few last minute things to do, but I've been up since *5 a.m.* (stuff their Daylight Savings Time) and am moving pretty swiftly through my list of chores before I head to the airport.

The rest of my day will be pretty relaxed as I have my potatoes in a pan of Water just waiting to turn on when we get back from the airport and my crockpot of stuffed peppers will be ready when the mashed potatoes are done. salad is already made up in the fridge, as is the homemade blue cheese dressing...and my braided herb bread just came out of the oven. It's been a long week but a very satisfactory one.

Cocoa: Congrats! No toaster...how about a gold star?

JM: Congrats on the 'no crisco zipper'!

Bob: Congrats (I think) on getting stuck. No kitty snuff!

Denise: Have a great trip and glad you got an aisle seat. At least now you'll only have to worry about one elbow in your ribs.

I have a Facebook page if anybody wants to be 'friends'. Mine is Melody Parker Upham but if do the friend thing, send a personal message with your Band name cuz my friends truly are my friends and family.

I've had a facebook account for years but never did anything with it until about 2 months ago when all my friends and family said they felt I had abandoned them. Guess they think this is a way of 'keeping up' although from appearances they do little more than use FB as a way to play games. Yes, I did get sucked into Farmville.

Ok...my timer just went off. I'm making a second loaf of herb bread for my mother-in-law and it's ready to be shaped and raised. Have a good day everyone!

Bon voyage Denise.

Why does it seem that everyone is going on a trip but me?

Leigha, how do you think her parents feel? Count your blessings :thumbup:

I got back on Facebook after getting kicked off a couple of years ago.

Send me a friend request if you want. triegerb@verizon.net or search "Bob Trieger"

But Bob, you had a trip to the OR!! That counts!! :thumbup:

I am sitting at the airport waiting for a plane. Securtiy went lickity split. Wow!

The one morning I needed my alarm, I slept through it! Fortunately, DH hardly slept and got me up. He even made Breakfast. However, eggs and toast did go down so well at 5am, 15 minutes after I go up. But I do thank him for the effort. So sweet!!

I am feeling much better, yay!! Now on to keeping the weight off that I lost during the sick-o time!

Have a great Sunday everyone, I'll try to pop in during the week, but it is sure to be a crazy one between the conference from 8-5 and sightseeing in the evenings.

Good morning everyone! Well my son came home last night, so I guess I made it through the first date! I had no idea how hard that was going to be. My son is a great kid and his girlfriend is a very responsible girl, I have no idea what I think is going to happen to them, they both make good decisions, its not like they are going to go drinking or something, shesh, I am so overprotective. :thumbup:

Cocoa--Have a safe trip, NO is so cool.

Bob--I am jealous of your pool. Do your dogs get in it?

Elfie--I am a techno idiot, I cant figure out how to send a Facebook message or friend request to you, my name is Leigha Cockerham Bobbitt-Haeger please friend request me if you will...

HB--The bowling sounds fun, the last time I went I remember being really sore in my buttocks! (for the accent think Tom Hanks in Forest Gump) But it was a lot of fun.

Betsy-- Who is Preston?

Christy-- You have an only son like me, do you find yourself to be overprotective as well?

Karen--How is the restriction going?

Elfie I figured out the Facebook thing, but I forgot to ask what time are we suppose to be there for dinner?

Bob--I am jealous of your pool. Do your dogs get in it?

You live close enough to come over for a swim.

I'm about 2 hours west of Tyler.

Come on over.

The dogs are not bright enough to keep their heads up and are afraid of the pool. I drag them in once in a while to stand should deep on the stair.

We have a lab he would be in the pool more than me. I cant keep him out of my little plastic pond. :thumbup:

Leigha, I think the appropriate answer is "I try not to be" but I'm probably am way too protective. It's been just the two of us since he was just a few days old and I think that makes it even worse. Luckily we're a few years (he's only five) from dating so I have a while to prepare myself (can you EVER be prepared??). My co-workers already have a posse formed for the first little girl that breaks his heart...He's such a good kid, I'm excited to watch him grow and see who he turns in to, but that whole letting go thing, ECK!!!!

I too am jealous of the pool, although Connor and I would essentially be bright red lobster people all the time from the sunburns, it'd probably be worth it!

I think it's just all part of being a mom to be overprotective and worry a little. My son (only child) is 27 and I still have that mom thing going on. We have always been very close.

Last week I pulled something in the buttocks when bowling. This week I pulled something in the front of my right thigh.

It is snowing again here. bummer. I made some chili yesterday, so it is a good lunch for this winter day. My grandson is even eating it, so it must be good! After I thought about it, that may not be a good indicator. I have never seen a kid eat as much as he does and stay so thin! He eats 24/7 ! I am proud to say he likes the healthy stuff too.

It is almost 70 here today and sunny. I spent the day with the babies at the dog park. I'm gonna get a nastygram from the HOA for not mowing the lawn :thumbup:

Christie, I burn at the mere mention of sun. The worst thing about my pool is that there is no shade. Not limited shade, NO shade!

OMG ! I just had a heck of a time with the snow. I was going to take my grandson home because I didn't think my son's car could make it up my street on this heavy/wet snow. Then I was going to get gas and go to the store. I made it up my steep driveway and down part of the road when I noticed where it looked like several other cars had some trouble going into the ditch and digging themselves out. That is when I started to slide down the hill ! There was nothing I could do. I have brand new tires, was creeping along very slow, and was in 4 wheel drive. I just kept sliding, then started sliding sideways down the hill and ended up doing a 360 and finally stopped in the ditch along the side of the road. I got out of the ditch just fine and decided I did not want to go down the hill anymore because there is a little lake on the other side of the main road I was trying to get to and at the end of my road. So, I started to head back to the house. I knew speed would factor in to my ability to get up the hill, so I kept my speed up and headed back up .............started spinning the tires and dreaded the thought of stopping my efforts because I knew I would just slide back down the hill. Yep, back down and another 180 into the ditch on the other side of the damn road! I had to be "rescued" and my son came to pick up my grandson at the bottom of the road down by the mailboxes. I am back home now, but seriously considering calling my boss and telling him there is no way I can drive to work in the morning! It is 45mins.-1hour drive to another little mountain town that is at a higher elevation than I live. I have lived here 4 years and never had so much trouble on that damn hill. I have driven my jeep up it in 2 feet of snow several times. This stuff is just so wet and there is ice under it. Many of the other people that live on this road are now parked down the hill by the mailboxes.

Hi all from Bristol, Virginia. We will arrive in DC on my birthday tomorrow. I haven't had a chance to catch up but wanted to check in.

It will take us a total of 4 and half days to travel coast to coast. So far the trip has been uneventful. Thank God! We stopped one night in Oklahoma City, Ok to see his brother and his girlfriend. We went out to dinner. The hotels have been an interesting trek. I like to stay at Courtyard, Marriotts and in Memphis we couldn't do that. Long story but made it through.

Tomorrow is my birthday. I'll be 51.

food has been difficult to say the least. On the run it's hard to find food that won't get stuck. I've been eating a lot of slider foods. Once we are in DC things will calm down and I'll get back to normal. I did have Prime Rib tonight but only about 3 oz. My husband says I'm a cheap date now since I don't eat much...lol. I haven't actually been good but maintaining.

We will be in DC for 5 days and then head back the Northern route. We took route 66 to get here. My dad lives in Northern Indiana. He's 89 and we will see him for sure. The way back will be much easier.

My husband wanted to get here in time to protest the signing of the health care bill...lol. Actually he's never been to our Nation's captial and he is very patriotic and very much Republican. He will really enjoy it. We are going to see everything. It was really a birthday present to us both!

I'll check in when I can. Love to all of you...I miss you...really.. Dottie

Crystl, Sorry to hear about your snow emergency . That is traumatic. Take the day off! Glad you and your grandson are ok.

Karen, how'd the gig go? Did you wow everybody in your new dress?

Dottie, it sounds like you're enjoying yourself. Happy birthday!!

Everybody else, Happy Monday!!