Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am reposting this here hoping others might see it.

I went for my second filled today..so I thought!...I have only lost 4 pounds since my last fill 4 weeks ago but apparently that is right where they want me to be. No fill for me.

He told me I have the restriction that I need, (if I eat too quickly I get stuck, or if I don't chew properly etc) I was told 1 pound a week is all I am suppose to loose, any more and I should not expect a fill. WHAT! I am so lost! I have so many questions now. I thought I was going to have more restriction and could quit white knuckling it now. He told me I will be dieting from now on. I'm so confused. I thought I would have to be retrained on how to eat not diet for the rest of my life. I am working out and starving!!! Just to lose 4 freaking pounds. I am following ALL of the rules Protein calories exercise Water they say I am doing great!

Yes I know I was gaining before the surgery so I am better off now with it but my goodness I left there crying and haven't stopped all night.

Please anyone give me some words of wisdom not the same old crap that I've heard over and over. I know the facts what I want is WHY it's not working and why they won't tighten me up....please help! can't find the smily for crying my eyes out am reposting this here hoping someone might see it.

How many cc's do you have and how big is your band? I have about 9.8 cc's in my band and my band is 14 cc's total.

You should be staying full about 3-4 hours after you eat a meal. how much are you eating during mealtimes?

I know for me it depends. I like to be a little loser so I can eat more comfortably but I still have good restriction and my body doesn't go into starvation mode and I lose weight easier. When i'm tighter I don't eat as much and I don't lose as much.

my surgery was dec 2008 lost 96 since then!!your body will go through so many changes my wgt has slowed since dec 2009 i have lost 5 they say thats good so it will stay off! but still dont make it easier. i have to be careful w/candy sweets are my weekness! stick with it

it will work!!and attend the support meeting we have one once per month in conway sc

good luck and dont give up!!try to think positive!!

When you say you are "white knuckling it" does that mean you're hungry, ie stomach rumbling hungry but forcing yourself to not eat. If that is the case then you would need to make that point and get another fill. Maybe they just don't get how much you are doing to lose those 4 pounds.

The band is not a quick weight loss measure, 1-2 pounds per week is what you should expect. Does thinking of one pound a week as over 50 pounds in a year help? That's big.

I know it's not easy - I'm still trying to work out all the changes in lifestyle. That is what its supposed to be - a change in lifestyle, not a diet where you starve yourself.

I think the band came with 3 cc's in it and I have had 1.5 added. I am excersising 4/5 days a week for 30 minutes. I eat 3 meals a day and usually one snack which is always Protein. Meals are always high Protein low carb/calorie. By white knuckling it I mean stict diet mode. An hour before meal time I get hungry but only right at meal time am I starving. I can deal with that but I can hold way more that 1 cup of food. I pretty much can eat preband portions. I just have to eat slow and chew well. I just feel like I should be able to eat less at a time i guess. Presurgery, I was told by 1 1/2 years weight loss goal would be met which is around 120 pounds. So 1 pound a week is too slow. Now 1 pound is where they want me.

Thanks everyone for responding it helps so much to see success and words of wisdom.

The only advice I can offer to you is to sit down with your surgeon and tell him about your portion sizes and say I shouldn't be able to eat this much. Every doctor is different as far as fills goes and it sounds as if yours is on the conservative side. As a last ditch measure I would even contemplate switching doctors if you can't get your needs met. The band is a tool to help you, you still gotta make the effort (sounds as if you are!!!) but you should have a little bit of an easier go at it!

Good luck!

How frustrating! Even if you're losing at an acceptable rate (by white-knuckling it), the aim of the band is allowing you to restrict your intake with added COMFORT.

Adjustment decisions really should take both your subjective (how you feel) and the objective (your weight) into consideration.

I am SO glad to have a doctor who respects both!

Yes thank you this is what I thought with my first fill. The sad part is my PA has had LapBand so I have always trusted him and I guess still do (i think). We talked about how I felt and he explained things to me that I should try etc. I just feel like I shouldn't have to try quiet so hard.

Okay, I'll probably get yelled at BUT...if it was me...(and you get what you pay here, free advice) I would still watch what I eat and portions and continue to exercise, but I wouldn't let myself get to the starving part. I would eat (healthy) but what it takes to make me comfortable and see what happens. You're expected to lose 1-2 pounds per week. If you're struggling for each and every pound something isn't quite right, back off a little and see how it goes. If your weight loss slows or stalls then obviously you're doing most of the work, not the band and then MAYBE they'll see that you need a little fill. I wouldn't give up and I wouldn't go back to bad habits and I would certainly keep exercising but I think you putting so much effort into it has made them think it's really easy for you and you don't need more restriction????

Just my 2 cents worth. You are doing great, keep up the good work and good luck!

I have no clue what to say...

I have minimum restriction with 5cc in a 10cc band. I can go 3 hours max without getting hungry.

What I have been doing is portioning out my meals for the day in the tiny 1/2 cup glad containers ( 1/2 full) I take 4-6 containers to work. I am trying to eat 3 meals a day but there are some days when I can't and I eat every 3 hours.

But at the end of the work day---it's the same amount of food.

I also try not to eat anything until 830am.

I drink Water until then ( sometimes warmed up with lemon juice)

Good Luck!

Okay, I'll probably get yelled at BUT...if it was me...(and you get what you pay here, free advice) I would still watch what I eat and portions and continue to exercise, but I wouldn't let myself get to the starving part. I would eat (healthy) but what it takes to make me comfortable and see what happens. You're expected to lose 1-2 pounds per week. If you're struggling for each and every pound something isn't quite right, back off a little and see how it goes. If your weight loss slows or stalls then obviously you're doing most of the work, not the band and then MAYBE they'll see that you need a little fill. I wouldn't give up and I wouldn't go back to bad habits and I would certainly keep exercising but I think you putting so much effort into it has made them think it's really easy for you and you don't need more restriction????

Just my 2 cents worth. You are doing great, keep up the good work and good luck!

Thanks...that is what I have decided to do. Hearing you say it confirmed how I was thinking. I have to quit stressing about this. I was actually hoping I'd get a stomache bug to loose a couple of pounds...lol. I took a night off last night, ate bread relaxed and calmed down. I've been letting this get to me too much.

Thanks everyone for the great advice!