Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

the Emotional frustration is getting to me, and I haven't even gotton the LB!!!!!

Ok,

so is it just me, or has anyone else experienced this ????

I've decided on the band, when ... well, soon .. in the next 9 months, however ... here's the thing!

you know i look at a lot of your before and afters .... and you all look fabulous, but has anyone ever been obese as a kid, and no matter what you did you were always fat ..... over weight ... obese?

the physical transformation for some like it would be for me is substantial.

how do you go accepting the new you, the new you that doesn't go overboard and feel like the only way to get to a smaller size is literally starving yourself (or that was the thought process before the surgery maybe)

the psych element is sorta out of wack for me .....

one day im 385 lbs, in 12 months im 285 ?????

i cant grasp that!!!!! emotionally im struggling ... anyone feel that before the operation? and there after?

how'd you deal with the new you without feeling like the old you ... the big you?

grrrr so confused! I just couldnt imagine feeling smaller! all the challenges I've had being the size i am ..... wow ... i just cant grasp my head around the changes ... can anyone relate?

thx all!

native twinkie!

A very valid concern. I am in the process of scheduling the lap band surgery and have decided to have therapy before, during and after to deal with issues.

I've lost 30 or 40 lbs many times in the past and regained it -- and more. While the weight was off, I felt elated and threatened (in fear) that, at any moment, this slender, healthy body would return to the familiar body that I hated. And.......it always did. Self-fulfiling prophecy, perhaps.

I spent about an hour today completing paperwork for my surgeon. Another step toward the healthy body that I deserve and will work for.

:unsure:

Oh, thanks sooo much for responding!

Glad to know someone reads these posts!

you are soo brave, and thanks sooo very much for sharing!

you really have alot of guts! i admire you :unsure:

I am having my surgery Feb 24 and I am scared out of my pants! Spending all this money and then gaining the weight back! I have been in the same boat! Heavy since my teens! Fortunately for the False Creek Surgical Clinic, with the procedure, they offer counselling for one year post op and they are looking into adding more time! Stay strong and POSITIVE!

Good luck!

Antonella

These words are very important ...SCARED, Threatened ..... wow so glad youre all here!

I really really appreciate you're braveness in conveying your feelings about this!

I am scared out of my wits!!!!!

Ok,

you know i look at a lot of your before and afters .... and you all look fabulous, but has anyone ever been obese as a kid, and no matter what you did you were always fat ..... over weight ... obese?

native twinkie!

Ok, first off, I have always been overweight, and I still am...BUT I feel much better at my weight now (217) on the way down than I did when I hit that weight on the way up. Now, I dress really nice and to be honest, I feel sexy. But your question made me think of a post I read on the Before and after pic thread. It was by "janesays" Go to this thread and go almost all the way down. She posts her pics and then a few posts later tells how she was a size 12 at the age of 10.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/before-after-lap-band®-surgery-pictures-only-4642/index119.html

Hey thanks for the info :unsure:

It is always inspirational to read of such stories .....

:bored:

I think you are looking too far ahead. You have to take it one day at a time or you will overwhelm yourself with anxiety.

If you get banded and if you follow the rules and if you lose 100+ pounds, it is not going to happen overnight. You'll have plenty of time to get accustomed to whatever changes take place.

The reason I got the band was because of constant failures over the years. By pass was too drastic for me so I opted for the band because it is reversible. The band to me, is terrific. I still must work hard at correcting my choices of food and exercise consistantly, but the band keeps me on track. As for the mental side of it, I am constantly struggling. My clinic has a psychologist on staff, but I am too far away to take advantage. I find that I still have low self esteem so have decided that a private psychologist will take priority over PS. I am now saving for my next step.

I assure you, you are not alone in your feelings. I have found that the emphathy on support on this site is terrific.

Oh doddie!

Big hugs!

Thanks for posting! I do hope I get to meet you one day! I am in Vanc and Toronto .... and do see a physch to deal with the exact same issues.

I am sooo happy to see that you are doing better physically though!

thanks so much for sharing your story!

i really appreciate all of you on here!

Nope, I had/have the same concerns. I have been overweight since the age of 8y/o. I don't get "thin thinking" because I have never been around it. I was thinner (still over weight) when I was a SR. in high school. I got that way by being "in love" :) and having anxiety all of the time. That lasted about a minute!

I can not imagine/foresee what I will be like as a "thin" person. It just has always seemed out of my reach. Like I am on the "outside, looking in".

Fortunately, it will not happen overnight and we should be able to adjust each size we go down. Looking at before/after pics, it does seem like "poof" you are thin. But, there is a lot of hard work and slow progress that I am sure helps you adjust to the new you as you go.

Me too!!!!

Thats a great way to describe it ... the outsider looking in!

Sooooooo very happy you posted!

lots of hugs and support from the great white north!

Me too!!!!

Thats a great way to describe it ... the outsider looking in!

Sooooooo very happy you posted!

lots of hugs and support from the great white north!

If you are in vancouver, please e mail me when and we can meet up. If it is not during the Olympics, I would be happy to show you Vancouver (volunteering my better half as he is the knowledgable one).

Thanks Doddie!

but I know Vancouver really well as I have an apartment in town :)

Where abouts are you located ... north shore?

Thanks Doddie!

but I know Vancouver really well as I have an apartment in town :)

Where abouts are you located ... north shore?

Grouse Mtn North Shore