Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I doing it right with foods ?

I measure out that im roughly getting 700 calories a day and roughly 60-70 grams of Protein a day if not more.. Is that enough for me to survive on? and my meal sizes are roughly 4-6 oz. (3 meals a day every 4 hours or so)

I do work out alot, every day ( 2 miles atleast a day) plus other light muscle training since i got banded on Dec 23rd and i dont wanna faint at the gym cause im not getting enough calories n so on.:confused::confused::smile2:

Also .. is some caffeine okay ? like once in a blue moon ? i ran out of coffee today and all thats heres is regular.

I havent been banded much longer than you have, but I try to aim for that 700 cal. a day range too. I think as long as you are getting your Protein that is plenty because we have "reserves" for our body to pull from. My step son, the coach with a masters degree, says that I should have some complex carbs 1 hour before I work out to give me extra energy. If you feel faint you could try that. And I drink strong coffee every morning.

By the way, 110 LBS! Good for you.

I havent been banded much longer than you have, but I try to aim for that 700 cal. a day range too. I think as long as you are getting your Protein that is plenty because we have "reserves" for our body to pull from. My step son, the coach with a masters degree, says that I should have some complex carbs 1 hour before I work out to give me extra energy. If you feel faint you could try that. And I drink strong coffee every morning.

By the way, 110 LBS! Good for you.

when you say complex carbs .. can you give me some examples? btw flour/starches dont sit well on my stomach/band

I have been banded since March 2009 & I consistantly ate about 900 calories a day- I do feel 700 is a bit low, I think you will probably stall weightloss eventually at that amount of calories. At around the 3 month mark is when your body will start to go into shock & that is why it is important to be consistant with a healthy amount of calories that alows to to loose at a steady rate. My typical diet consists of:

B- Weight Management oatmeal & 4 pieces of turkey bacon (260 calories)

L- 3 Light Wasa Crakers (they are really large & have protien!) & 3 slices of lowfat turkey meat & 2 oz. 2% cheddar cheese. (280 calories)

S- small apple (80 calories)

D- 4 oz. baked chicken & a cup of "steamer" broc. & cheese. (210 calories)

Dess- 1 low fat Jello pudding (70 calories)

I typically stay away snacking, because it can easily place me over my 900 calories a day. I have also learned to adjust- for example, if I know I will be going out to dinner at a resturaunt, I wont have the apple or desert that day- in order to make up for the extra calories that I will deff. consume at dinner.

Good luck on your journey! You will figure out the right pattern for you- everyone is different. :confused:

I am thinking 700 calories may be a little too low, as our bodies get used to the reduced amount and start holding onto them (starvation mode). I usually do between 800 to 1000 and that has been working so far (knock on wood). When I do it a plateau, I'll go as high as 1100 one day, then 800 the next and keep it a little varied to trick my system. You're taking a great amount of Protein in per day--good for you! I would just try to up my calories to at least 900-1000, especially if you're exercising that much. If you do 2 miles in 30 minutes, that's roughly 200 calories you're burning. Just seems that you need more in you to burn LOL

Also, I have a Dunkin Donuts coffee every morning Monday through Friday with non-dairy Creamer and Equal. If I have to give up soda, I need something to replace my diet coke LOL

I measure out that im roughly getting 700 calories a day and roughly 60-70 grams of Protein a day if not more.. Is that enough for me to survive on? and my meal sizes are roughly 4-6 oz. (3 meals a day every 4 hours or so)

I do work out alot, every day ( 2 miles atleast a day) plus other light muscle training since i got banded on Dec 23rd and i dont wanna faint at the gym cause im not getting enough calories n so on.:confused::confused::smile2:

Also .. is some caffeine okay ? like once in a blue moon ? i ran out of coffee today and all thats heres is regular.

How much did you lose before being banded..surely you havent lost over 100 lbs in one month...Whatever you're doing ..you must be doing it right!

poppyred

I was eating 700 calories and 60-70 Protein and work out and my body went into starvation mode. I have since uped my calories to 1000-1200 AND HAVE LOST 2 POUNDS. everyone is different but I wish i had of raised my calories sooner so I could have lost more weight. Hope that helps

when you say complex carbs .. can you give me some examples? btw flour/starches don't sit well on my stomach/band

Sure,

Sweet potato, rutabaga, parsnips, Beans, peas, and lentils

Some also have Protein, so you get a 2 for 1. Also brown rice, oatmeal, and grits. (I have trouble with the oatmeal and brown rice, too sticky)

It just takes a little, 1/2 cup or so.

Is your ticker accruate? 100+ in 1 month? lol

I am thinking 700 calories may be a little too low, as our bodies get used to the reduced amount and start holding onto them (starvation mode). I usually do between 800 to 1000 and that has been working so far (knock on wood). When I do it a plateau, I'll go as high as 1100 one day, then 800 the next and keep it a little varied to trick my system. You're taking a great amount of Protein in per day--good for you! I would just try to up my calories to at least 900-1000, especially if you're exercising that much. If you do 2 miles in 30 minutes, that's roughly 200 calories you're burning. Just seems that you need more in you to burn LOL

Also, I have a Dunkin Donuts coffee every morning Monday through Friday with non-dairy Creamer and Equal. If I have to give up soda, I need something to replace my diet coke LOL

I had a diet Dr. pepper 20 oz daily before surgery since i HATE coffee. I know have switched to Diet Snapple Ice Tea. So far it is kicking the withdrawl. :confused:

How much did you lose before being banded..surely you havent lost over 100 lbs in one month...Whatever you're doing ..you must be doing it right!

poppyred

I lost 80 before surgery(from july to decemeber)... I was at 1000 calories a day and running 3-4 miles a day and doing alot of muscle training =]