Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got more than what I wished for....2nd fill

Well, I've made some comments on these forums how it doesn't even seem like I had the surgery. I've been able to eat pretty much what I want and the quantity didn't seem to matter either. My first fill was 12/7/09 and they put in 2.5 cc. Didn't do much. Today they added another 1 cc and within 15 minutes of leaving the hospital I was so tight and I was continuously puking/sliming. I left the hospital around 9:30 a.m. and my first noticeable reprieve was a 15 minute interval around 1:00 p.m. where I wasn't in some type of pain.

The sliming continued throughout the day and continues now at 8:15 p.m. I did call and they really didn't want to do an unfill and asked me to hang in there until tomorrow morning to see how things are going. This is just awful -- I can't even keep a teeny sip of Water down. My downtime from the puking is at about 30 or so minutes. Don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight.

Anybody else have such a "violent" episode after a fill? I'd love to hear from you just so I know I'm not alone. Also, any tips on how to handle this would be appreciated. Thanks!

sounds rough. I have heard some using childrens ibuprofen because it works well with swelling. may be tough to get down if you cant hold down Water but may be worth a shot. Good luck

They always tell me to come straight in if I can't drink my coffee the next morning after a fill. I don't know what I would do if I had to deal with your symptoms. Hang in there and good luck.

This just sounds so wrong to me. You should be able to sip/drink Water during the fill and after the fill . I think if I were in your shoes I would go back first thing in the morning and get at least a small unfill. The throwing up could make it so you need a complete unfill and have to start all over. That would be such a drag. I would be there waiting when they open. I hope it works out well for you. Let us know how it goes.

You should go in for an unfil. Some people are very sensitive to a fill and just a small amount can make a big difference. My second fill was an addition of 1 cc which had me throwing up all over the place. But by taking out just .3 I was fine. But a word of caution, if you have been sick since the fill you should expect that you will still be swollen even after the unfill. Go easy and do liquid for 2 days and then mushies. It will be much easier.

Thanks everyone for your responses and suggestions. I didn't have any episodes after 2 a.m., and I am work today. Although my insides are very sore from all the "activity" of yesterday, I was able to drink 1/2 cup of tea. It took 2 hours and several reheats but it is staying down. Whew, I guess I found out I'm sensitive to these fills. I'll make sure the doctor makes a note of this so we do this nice and slow in the future.

If I'm lucky, maybe this will end up being my sweet spot. That would be awesome!!!

I am one that is very sensitive to fills...I have a 10CC band and I have 3.25 CC after my last fill the week before Christmas and I am TIGHT... it's hit and miss from day to day, even meal to meal sometimes if I can eat... I have had 2 slight unfills after being too tight...

Thanks everyone for your responses and suggestions. I didn't have any episodes after 2 a.m., and I am work today. Although my insides are very sore from all the "activity" of yesterday, I was able to drink 1/2 cup of tea. It took 2 hours and several reheats but it is staying down. Whew, I guess I found out I'm sensitive to these fills. I'll make sure the doctor makes a note of this so we do this nice and slow in the future.

If I'm lucky, maybe this will end up being my sweet spot. That would be awesome!!!

we3601, oh no!!!! girl call those people and get unfilled. That is not how it supposed to be!!!! when you can't even drink Water, then its too tight for you.

Hi... i got my first fill of 3cc's yesterday and they made me drink about 6 ounces of Water before I was allowed to leave. I took a couple of sips, it went down okay and I threw the rest away... Oh He!! no... They wouldn't even allow that... I had to start over again... The nurse said "I don't want you to leave and then call me up whining in a couple hours about not being able to swallow your own spit".. We had a good laugh about that because I am a "panic" caller and she knows me well... So there I sat for 30 minutes, sipping on delicious water and visiting with all the folks in the waiting room swapping stories and getting/giving advice or tips...

hi , i received my first fill on tuesday and they put 5 cc's in my 11cc band, right off i started burping and they sent me down to the coffee shop to see if i could eat yogurt, even though i could i felt lightheaded and had lt shoulder discomfort, I went back up and they took .6 out and then everything was fine. After being on soft for 2 days i can eat again. Only thin is that i am hungry after 2 hrs. I try to eat 1/2 cup at a time with abut 2 ounces of protein:tongue2:.