Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

Weight Coming Off Too Fast Since Fill?

Views
Started by dpj00024, Aug 19, 2009 9:31 AM
6 replies to this topic
6 replies to this topic

dpj00024

Intermediate Member

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted August 19, 2009 - 9:31 AM

So it's almost two weeks since I had my 3rd fill and I've lost 11 pounds already. Is that too much too quickly or did I just not have enough restriction before? I have started working out so that may be contributing to it. I just want to be sure I'm doing it the right way. Thanks....

kswinterk

Novice

Posted August 19, 2009 - 11:39 AM

To be honest I don't think it is. I got my first fill last week and I started to work out this week and have lost 5lbs already. Our bodys are changing and we are speeding up our metabloism. I have been drinking more water and eating less since I started to work out. Just as long as you are getting your protein in, I think you are good. Good Luck!

Spendi

Advanced Member

Posted August 19, 2009 - 12:08 PM

Well I sure wouldn't be complaining! :biggrin: It probably is the combination of more restriction and working out though. I recently (finally lol) started working out regularly and it was a helpful jump start ending the stall I'd been in.
I've had trouble with restriction (10 cc's in a 12 band) so really the only weight loss was the initial post-op. The restriction is much better now though and the working out really does make a difference!

Posted August 19, 2009 - 1:20 PM

It will slow down then you will wonder where it went, it is likely that your exercise is kicking it up a notch. Just make sure you are getting enough calories and protien and lots of water.

justmel1957

Guru in Training

Posted August 19, 2009 - 1:31 PM

As long as you are able to eat without problems and get your calories and water in you should be fine.

Libbyjane1976

Aspiring Evangelist

• Surgeon: Mounir Gazayerli
  • Surgery Date: Jan 2009
  • Height: 5 feet 4 inches
  • Starting Weight: 320
  • Weight Lost: 118
  • Current Weight: 202
  • Goal Weight: 140
  • BMI: 34.7
  • My Blogs
Posted August 19, 2009 - 2:02 PM

Wow that's awesome! Just make sure you are taking in the proper amount of calories and staying hydrated you'll be okay. Congrats on the weight loss!!!

dpj00024

Intermediate Member

Posted August 19, 2009 - 3:51 PM

Thanks guys! I'm trying to stick to around 800 cal. a day. I finally am able to use my WII Fit since my recent weight loss so I'm going to see how that goes tonight. : )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Featured Surgeons

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      Nov 20
    Jenny_a365

Everyone has a different post op diet. Why is that?

Show comments (1)
View All Updates

Trending Topics

Topics with No Reply